Jake Shields def. Lyoto Machida via. Submission

One example of his BJJ skills being completely taken away was during his title fight at UFC 129.

That was a perfect strategy against Shields. GSP is a terrible match for him.

Shake bless
jake-shields-tracy-lee-580x325.jpg
I am interested in this training. Look to be next level.

Hmm...you didn't watch Shields vs Hendo, did you?

I know hendo is a wrestler but he mostly use striking for MMA. He don't have a great TDD for some reason and his strategic fighting is not wrestling.

#2 WW and one of the best grapplers to ever fight in MMA.

He just never had the dominant take down game to complement his BJJ.

Who is Lyoto Machida?

edit: I guess that was a reasonable enough post to turn black belt on.

Who is Lyoto Machida?

edit: I guess that was a reasonable enough post to turn black belt on.

Hell yeah! Old school shit right there!

"Who is Ryoto Machida???????"

Almost as classic as "Rickson by armbar"

Shields is garbage. Seeing Palhares wreck his shit was fucking amazing.

But then again Sherdog loves lame grapplers.

It couldn't be that Hector is a gorilla with Olympic level judo? Not to mention he was probably juiced to the tits back then?
And Sheilds wasn't juiced to the eyeballs?

Thanks for posting the vid. I wish I could have made it to the event since it was here in Denver but I was busy.

On a semi related note, any sherdoggers who do any kind of submission grappling should check out fight to win promotions. Seth puts on some of the best amateur tournaments I've ever been to, and they've started doing pro shows lately too.

Ya i fight on the september 17 card.

Why are people surprised by this. Shields competes in Metamoris and grapples the best out there.

And Sheilds wasn't juiced to the eyeballs?

No one knows what it was, it was never disclosed. We don't know if it was a diuretic or a steroid, but it's highly doubtful he was on it his entire career.

GSP actually picked shields to be the next champ

Ya i fight on the september 17 card.
Nice, good luck dude. I think they stream all the pro cards on flograppling so I'll see you even though I don't know who you are, hopefully I root for the right guy lol

Back