Jake Shields def. Lyoto Machida via. Submission

conorgoat

KOfinger is my little bitch
@purple
Reaction score
Heel hook with 21 seconds left in the match!

Video

charity Sub grappling/BJJ competition called Submit Cancer

Machida wasn't greased up enough.

77188f35ed58cc35b43d913cd8880c0f.jpg

Fighting for a great cause. Respect.

inb4 Tito triangle pic

Nice to see Shields getting some werk in.

Lyoto where you at bro.

Video

charity Sub grappling/BJJ competition called Submit Cancer

Thanks for posting the vid. I wish I could have made it to the event since it was here in Denver but I was busy.

On a semi related note, any sherdoggers who do any kind of submission grappling should check out fight to win promotions. Seth puts on some of the best amateur tournaments I've ever been to, and they've started doing pro shows lately too.

I was wondering how this would go. I obviously didn't see Lyoto subbing him but I thought he'd last to the end.

Shields is a shark. The way he neutralised Maia was unreal, shame how UFC let him go.

Even worse considering he has wins over the last two UFC Welterweight champs.

Shields is an incomplete grappler. Hector threw him so easily at wish. His grappling skills incomplete because he is lacking the Judo/Wrestling of Hector and others. He can only throw strikers. His great ground skills are useless if he cannot win the grappling standing part (for some reasons many people thinks that "grappling" is just the ground game and even BJJ don't put emphasis on the standing grappling).. If he cannot takedown a Judoka/Wrestler then his grappling is useless. The Judo and/or wrestling guy will instead throw you around and not stupid enough to go to the ground for to long with him. BJJ will never beat wrestler/Judo guy if they really use strategy (you will not take me down and i won't go to the ground with you) that simple. Then on the striking department he is not very good he didn't have a chance against Hector.

Shields is an incomplete grappler. Hector threw him so easily at wish. His grappling skills incomplete because he is lacking the Judo/Wrestling of Hector and others. He can only throw strikers. His great ground skills are useless if he cannot win the grappling standing part (for some reasons many people thinks that "grappling" is just the ground game and even BJJ don't put emphasis on the standing grappling).. If he cannot takedown a Judoka/Wrestler then his grappling is useless. The Judo and/or wrestling guy will instead throw you around and not stupid enough to go to the ground for to long with him. BJJ will never beat wrestler/Judo guy if they really use strategy (you will not take me down and i won't go to the ground with you) that simple. Then on the striking department he is not very good he didn't have a chance against Hector.

Thanks for the pro tip...
<6>

Thanks for the pro tip...
<6>
he's sorda right in a way. even tho shields has ELITE bjj. i lost mad money on that hector fight, i thought jake was gonna wrestle fuck him but he really doesnt have the best takedowns. its once hes on the ground that he shines.

you're sorda right but jake shields has elite bjj. but some points you made were right, people will hate on it but i see the truth as the truth. jake is an elite grappler but he needs better takedowns to get the fight where he wants it.

Back