News Izzy opens up as the favorite vs Poatan

I'm still taking Izzy by UD.

While it was an impressive KO by Alex, Strickland's gameplan was one of the most bizarre ones I've seen in recent memory and it has absolutely inflated people's stock in Alex.

Izzy should be the favorite. Alex has that ridiculous power and world class stand up but I think Izzy is more skilled. I think alot of sheedoggers have only seen the clip of izzy getting flatlined.

Too many people forget Bruno Silva was outstriking Pereira for large portions of their fight lol.

And that Andreas outclinched Pereira the entire first round of their fight.

Izzy would never be as aggressive as Silva was and he's not as powerful either. Silva is a wild card. Izzy is very methodical. What makes Izzy special vs. Other MMA fighters is his defensive grappling, movement (footwork), and take down defense. None of that matters with Pereira.

i have never seen the name poatan in my life until now
Who tf is poatan

Its Alex's nickname, apparently means hands of Stone in a Native American language from tribe in Northern Brazil. Alex is descended from them and became interested in Native American culture after learning about his heritage. Think thats why Alex does the bow and arrow move too for his fight walk outs.

Hopefully they book it soon. Neither guy took much damage in their last fight.

People who says free money, only watched the KO clip.

Noobs.

<{cruzshake}>

Really intriguing fight.. Izzy will have to do much more than throwing jabs and leg kicks against Pereira.

Pereira has the better hands. I like Izzy but I would but a couple hundo on Pereira by KO in this one.. Izzy's hands has not looked good in the last few fights. His combination punching hasn't been impressive lately.

Pereira has more fluidity with his strikes while Izzy been stiff and robotic the last few fights and seem hesitant to pull the trigger

Israel got much better (and fluid) boxing. Alex only got alot more raw power. Thats it

I genuinely don't see Izzy winning this fight. Too many people forget that Jan was outstriking Izzy for large portions of their fight. I just think Perreira matches up oerfect with Izzy.
I don't think the Jan fight is a good comparison to this one. Jan had the threat of a takedown. That's a big difference in MMA. If Izzy didn't have to worry about takedowns, Jan's striking probably wouldn't have been so effective.

Israel got much better (and fluid) boxing. Alex only got alot more raw power. Thats it
Please watch the highlights video of both Pereira’s Glory LHW title fights against Artem Vakhitov and tell me he only has raw power.
If that’s not technical sound I guess I’m a kickboxing noob…
That’s as technical as it gets!

As he should be. There was never a time where Strickland should have been close to the top 5.

Please watch the highlights video of both Pereira’s Glory LHW title fights against Artem Vakhitov and tell me he only has raw power.
If that’s not technical sound I guess I’m a kickboxing noob…
That’s as technical as it gets!

He dont only got raw power. Dont twist my meaning of what i said.

Raw power is the only thing he is better at then adesanya.

Both are high level strikers

This is izzy’s biggest fight. This is the fight where he needs to show up for everything and knock Alex out.

this may be the one fight izzy has been waiting to avenge, as its the one guy that KO’d him embarassingly, and people have been using that KO loss to discredit izzy. He must avenge this one fight, or his career would be tainted forever losing to Alex 3 times.

Izzy will talk about "finishing" Alex. Then throw kicks, move away, pop some half ass punches, move away.

At this point I would favour Izzy - as much as I am an Alex fan. He has more experience in the cage. He'll do what he needs to to avoid danger and get the W.

But anyone who says 'he was winning the 2nd fight till Alex caught him" needs to stop drinking lawarence kenshin's cream - both fights were pretty much a stand still till those two moments in the 2nd fight - Izzy did everything to finish and could not. Alex landed once and put him down and out.

And that was a GREEN Alex who went on to dominate 2 divisions against far more accomplished and flat out better strikers than izzy (outside of Artem who is an all time great at 205 in Glory).

Back