News Izzy opens up as the favorite vs Poatan

Yeah that could very well be possible.
Pereira is indeed huge for the weight and such a rude weightcut isn’t in favor of his cardio.

Altough, his last 2 Glory fights for the Glory LHW-title against long reigning Glory LHW-champ Artem Vakhitov both went the distance (5 rounds), in which were very high paced technical fights from start to finish.
By that I would say Poatan’s cardio over 5 rounds is battle tested (I know kickboxing has 3 minute rounds instead of 5 minute rounds, but kickboxing fights are also fought at a much higher pace than MMA fights)
I have to say that both fights were at LHW instead of MW, so that could play a factor aswell

Here’s the highlights video of both title fights combined:

I think MMA cardio is definitely different than kickboxing cardio. I'm not counting Alex out. He's a killer and definitely talented but this won't be a straightforward fight for him. Izzy and CKB are too smart for that. I think it's proven at this point.

I can't see how Izzy and Eugene will get caught by the same left hook. What other ways are there for Alex to win this fight? Jumping knee? Is his distance kicking game on point? Assuming he can't find the target for the left hook what else is there?

Humans have 2 arms you know he is not missing a right arm

I think MMA cardio is definitely different than kickboxing cardio. I'm not counting Alex out. He's a killer and definitely talented but this won't be a straightforward fight for him. Izzy and CKB are too smart for that. I think it's proven at this point.
It will be competitive for sure.
I’m hoping for some high level striking and looking forward to it!

I can't see how Izzy and Eugene will get caught by the same left hook. What other ways are there for Alex to win this fight? Jumping knee? Is his distance kicking game on point? Assuming he can't find the target for the left hook what else is there?
his right hand is a fucking nuke as well.

DishonestSatisfiedErmine-max-1mb.gif

In MMA Adesanya could mix in takedowns and make his striking more effective than in kickboxing. Pereira seems pretty deadly in MMA with the smaller gloves though. Think this would be a fun fight.
What makes you think isreal can get a takedown? When has he ever shown wrestling chops?

What makes you think isreal can get a takedown? When has he ever shown wrestling chops?
i could definitely see him trying to wall & stall pereira for extended periods of time but pereira’s knees are pretty deadly in close so he’d really have to be careful.

i could definitely see him trying to wall & stall pereira for extended periods of time but pereira’s knees are pretty deadly in close so he’d really have to be careful.
I don’t think he has the strength to wall n stall anyone.

I don’t think he has the strength to wall n stall anyone.
adesanya is very strong in the clinch. he shoved cannonier aside and escaped any time jared tried to hold him against the cage. dude is a hell of an athlete.

Too many people forget Bruno Silva was outstriking Pereira for large portions of their fight lol.

And that Andreas outclinched Pereira the entire first round of their fight.

Bruno is a brawler/swarmer and has a granite chin, his style is effective against Pereira’s. Everything Izzy is good at when it comes to striking Pereira is better. Tough matchup for the champ.

Bruno is a brawler/swarmer and has a granite chin, his style is effective against Pereira’s. Everything Izzy is good at when it comes to striking Pereira is better. Tough matchup for the champ.
pereira’s kicks are not even close to izzy’s. they’re good enough to threaten with but nowhere on adesanya’s level. izzy’s head movement and footwork are much better as well.

pereira’s kicks are not even close to izzy’s. they’re good enough to threaten with but nowhere on adesanya’s level. izzy’s head movement and footwork are much better as well.

We’ll see about that when they rematch. I’m betting on Alex.

Easy money on Pereira, Izzy is just holding his belt for him at this point.

He's always been leagues better in striking than all his other opponents so never has needed to change his style. Izzy hasn't really introduced that gameplan before, I just am just guessing that Izzy's great TDD could translate into better offensive wrestling than Alex's from what we may know about his skillset. The threat of takedowns alone could throw off Pereira's striking compared to back in kickboxing. We'll see how Izzy handles Pereira in their matchup. I'm just expecting Izzy's experience in mma will be enough to beat Pereira in mma. If this were a straight kickboxing match I would favor Pereira personally.

I think Izzy is better at a lot, but yeah I’m still interested in the fight

I just think Pereira is way overhyped, he shouldn’t even be fighting Izzy, a lot of guys could get a TS if they were given a few perfect matchups like Pereira has been

Back