Media It was going downhill for him and he took career altering damage, but Khalil was up 2-1 and won the first 2 rounds on all 3 scorecards

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
GZLt21ab0AATtTG

Damn..... What an effort by Khalil. He was getting torn up by the middle to end of the 3rd. 4th would have been a 10-8 if he survived and his strikes had no more pop in them from the leg kicks and energy he spent. There was 0 chance he was gonna win a decision but to bank 2 rounds against Alex is a feather in his cap. Only Izzy has been able to do that against Alex in UFC.

Khalil had to push the action early and often to inflict damage when he still had energy and to keep Alex off him.

Alex patiently maintained pressure, did not panic, kept targeting the leg, and imposed his Will as he methodically breakdown Khalil.

High level and a great performance by both fighters.
Also nice to see him learning a lesson in the 2nd round. He threw less headkicks and instead threw some push kicks

Stepped up the volume with teh jab too

Also nice to see him learning a lesson in the 2nd round. He threw less headkicks and instead threw some push kicks

Stepped up the volume with teh jab too

His corner mentioned to stop head kicks too after round 2. Maybe he saw an opening for it or wanted another one after Jiri head kick but after Alex abandoned the head kick it was one way traffic and he just slow cooked him.

Being able to "take a punch well" would not be in my resume if I was a fighter. Ngl Khalil was being physically abused by Alex. Let put that in perspective. GWS Mr Roundtree.

Alex didn't give a crap about score cards, he knew the finish was coming and he got it.

Dude is like a computer, once he figured things out completely unloaded on Khalil.
True, he doesnt just study tape but also downloads in real time, and adapts while creating different openings. He doesnt fall into obvious striking patterns

True, he doesnt just study tape but also downloads in real time, and adapts while creating different openings. He doesnt fall into obvious striking patterns
Alex is just mind-blowing, I've been one of his detractors because I hate his fan base for the most part. But the dude just gets better each time he fights. I'm extremely impressed with Alex. He is the biggest star in the UFC currently and rightfully so.

I kinda feel like Rountree's corner did him a disservice in the last round. Dude was done around the 1:30 left mark. Just backing up against the cage taking damage at that point. All credit to him for how long he lasted because that was becoming a hellified ass beating.

Khalil should have gone to the body early. He only thrre a few body shots, but they visibly hurt poatan each time.

Kahlil struggled tremendously, but it was nothing but a struggle and the result was planned and inevitable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back