• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Israel is not as effective a striker as Alex, so he's trying to convince him he brought his singlet

You only need to take so long to explain yourself because a picture is worth a thousand words
You're right
Fnkq0dLXgAAK_oI

Israel is not as a effective a striker as Alex as he has less power and skill (well nearly equal skill but less power and durability). He is trying to convince Alex he is bringing his singlet because wrestling is his last play and he's wants Alex to second guess himself on the feet so he has a better chance in the striking as well. Fair play, it's his only move Alex knocked him out twice.

I don't think Alex is buying it though because improving grappling so fast is difficult and Alex is arguably evolving faster in this area being so green. If Israel fails to secure takedowns again and begins to fatigue, he's in a world of trouble.

This is what I've seen from the pre fight training and press conference.

I'd argue that in regards to offensive wrestling and grappling, adesanya is very green and could make decent leaps and bounds in a few months. Once on the mat, Alex looked completely lost, and that weakness is just too tempting to not try to exploit.

i would lol if izzy wins and they do another rematch

I'd argue that in regards to offensive wrestling and grappling, adesanya is very green and could make decent leaps and bounds in a few months. Once on the mat, Alex looked completely lost, and that weakness is just too tempting to not try to exploit.
The good thing is we'll get to find out.

I was surprised Alex stuffed Israel so easily in the last fight other than time he went for a takedown of his own and got reversed. He took Izzy down himself at the end of the second which also surprised me.

I think Poatan has shown evolution in his grappling and will be a force in MMA if he can consistently stuff takedowns.

Izzy has such a limited skill set. Calf kick and straight right hand. Wow so skillful omg he's amazing guys he's definitely way more skilled than a guy like Alex who has a god damn Pandora's box of different soul crushing KO strikes. A guy like Alex who can check kicks better than Izzy. A guy like Alex who compromised Izzy's leg with superior setups and fight IQ......

But yeah. Izzy is so much more skilled literally the only thing Alex has is power sure..... Inhale deeply of the copium my friends suck that nozzle for all your worth you god damn nerds and virgins

You're the one resorting to bringing up betting odds in the first place which is weak af lol

Since you like numbers so much I'll give you the only important ones:

0-3
giphy.gif
Weak ASF? Do I need to remind you at how you confidently "analyzed" these fighters?
{<jordan}
I was using your logic, I agree it is pretty bottom of the barrell.

Let's go back to talking about their skill sets. So tell me all about what Alex does better than Izzy?

Yeah, it's arguable. I think Alex has better hooks and kicks but Israel has better defence and straights.

I added this part to preface:

(well nearly equal skill but less power and durability).

Overall Alex is the better striker too because while Israel fans don't want to admit it, power and chin are just as important as skill.

Alex is overall a better and notably more effective striker than Israel.
Not only does Alex have the power and chin advantages but also has a much better understanding of setups and defense rolling and countering then Adesanya's style of being so long he can just jab and lean back with most people not being able to land on him.

Alex has an awkward style using range but also power punches on the inside which I think can confuse people and trick them into thinking he's not as good because Izzy has a rangy clean and pretty style

If you're fighting another inexperienced grappler, you could actually improve your grappling a lot..

If I could train grappling full time for three months, I'd probably get 100% better..

Last edited:
If you're having another inexperienced grappler, you could actually improve your grappling a lot..

If I could train grappling full time for three months, I'd probably get 100% better..

I think Alex is stronger and is improving faster in grappling because he has more potential.

Israel is most likely going to get stuffed again and be in even more trouble on the feet if he did a full grappling camp that could backfire tremendously, but grappling is his best chance because he's not as good a striker so at the very least he needs to mix up his takedowns. He tried to last time though but failed.

POSITIVES:
Alex = Technically very sound, instills the fear of Death in everyone, hurts and/or devastates with almost every shot. Is playing the long play, seeking to corner and finish, after initially compromising his opponent. Retains devastating KO power to the last second of a fight. Has the balls to throw down in the pocket.
Israel = Exceptionally-fast reflexes, outstanding feints, makes opponent apprehensive to commit for fear of counter. Is good at throwing people off, making them "hold back" thereby limiting the frequency of their attacks, due to the fear of counter.

NEGATIVES:
Alex = Holds his hands too low, is somewhat robotic, is willing to eat a shot to give a shot (usually works out okay, but can occasionally get hurt). Relies too much on his left hook, when his right actually was more effective at landing.
Israel = Lacks the balls to throw down in the pocket in a sustained attack. Will literally run on occasion, rather than engage. Seems to fade and lose his reflexes the longer the fight goes. Is okay with "winning on points," rather than looking to actually finish.

Weak ASF? Do I need to remind you at how you confidently "analyzed" these fighters?
{<jordan}
I was using your logic, I agree it is pretty bottom of the barrell.

Let's go back to talking about their skill sets. So tell me all about what Alex does better than Izzy?
Well first of all Alex has way more finesse in his setups. He knows how to create an opening and when it presents itself he has perfect timing and accuracy to land that KO shot. Power during striking is not just strength man it's knowing how to control the movement of your hips and torso to then transfer all of that force into your hand at the correct angle and moment. It's amazing that I have to sit here and explain that to people are actually fans of combat sports

Well first of all Alex has way more finesse in his setups. He knows how to create an opening and when it presents itself he has perfect timing and accuracy to land that KO shot. Power during striking is not just strength man it's knowing how to control the movement of your hips and torso to then transfer all of that force into your hand at the correct angle and moment. It's amazing that I have to sit here and explain that to people are actually fans of combat sports

Very well said.

POSITIVES:
Alex = Technically very sound, instills the fear of Death in everyone, hurts and/or devastates with almost every shot. Is playing the long play, seeking to corner and finish, after initially compromising his opponent. Retains devastating KO power to the last second of a fight. Has the balls to throw down in the pocket.
Israel = Exceptionally-fast reflexes, outstanding feints, makes opponent apprehensive to commit for fear of counter. Is good at throwing people off, making them "hold back" thereby limiting the frequency of their attacks, due to the fear of counter.

NEGATIVES:
Alex = Holds his hands too low, is somewhat robotic, is willing to eat a shot to give a shot (usually works out okay, but can occasionally get hurt). Relies too much on his left hook, when his right actually was more effective at landing.
Israel = Lacks the balls to throw down in the pocket in a sustained attack. Will literally run on occasion, rather than engage. Seems to fade and lose his reflexes the longer the fight goes. Is okay with "winning on points," rather than looking to actually finish.
My son @matrixremaster has good friends to bail him out.

Back