Islam's wrestling vs Charles against comment opponent Nik Lentz

Islam just needs more fights, we need a longer resume. All this who is the best grappler wrestler in the division etc will be settled within a year or two.

Islam is the best all around fighter in the UFC, followed by Petr Yan.

I mean if you see his fight against Ramos, you will se how useless Bjj is against good wrestlers!!
Islam might have trouble against Chandler Gathjie if they can land a lucky punch other than that he runs through everyone!

I was so impressed with Islam after his last fight. Really hope he can get 3 fights in this year

Charles doesn't care being taken down. Look at his legs, his stance in all fights. It is traditional muay Thai stance. It is like "wanna take me down? Be my guest!".

I agree it maybe wouldn't work against Khabib or Makhachev
his was slammed face first in the video you're replying to.
I wouldn't call that smart if he still thinks that way.

There's a case for Islam's being the best mma grappler (grappling + wrestling combined) in the division.

1. Islam
2. Dariush
3. Charles
4. Gregor

Just watched both full fights of Islam vs Lentz and Oliveira vs Lentz. Islam beats Oliveira good and proper. Islam beats Dariush pretty decisively as well. No wonder he's being ducked by all the top ten. The worst offender being Hooker.

This guy has 1 fight in the last 2 years.

If he starts actually being an active fighter, and fighting decent competition, then that would be an appropriate time to consider how his skills stack up.

Until then maybe we can start a sub forum for the 2-3 people that start all the Islam Machachev threads or bring him up in every single discussion about any lightweight.

Islam might be the most underrated guy on Sherdog which is surprising since he’s Khabibs guy.
How can you underrate someone with zero top 15 wins? And one win in the last two years lol WTF

Yeah, Islam's a much better wrestler than Charles Oliveira. I think he takes anyone in that division down, including those D1 wrestlers.

I mean if you see his fight against Ramos, you will se how useless Bjj is against good wrestlers!!
Islam might have trouble against Chandler Gathjie if they can land a lucky punch other than that he runs through everyone!
You pretty much hit it on the nail. His ground game is way above the rest. I think Darius will really struggle against him. I also think Arman Tsurakian is a possible future world champion. He gave Mackachev real problems in trying to keep him down.

Islam hasn’t beaten anyone ranked. Guy needs to win a few fights ASAP being Khabibs training partner shouldn’t be his only qualification

Oh yes. Pure genious. Let's just give him belt and let him retire in peace without pulling out of more fights.

Those are very selective clips. There's more to wrestling than takedowns. Oliveira tooled Lentz and finished him twice. Islam won a safe decision.

Back