• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Islam runs 5k in 18:30mins

How many guys were you training with that were Top 10 full time athletes working out 7 times a week?

5'11 pro boxer running a 14:26 lmao

I was talking about national teams.

How old was Hiraoka when he did that to have any connection to my post and how many more guys like him can you bring up to have any statistic meaning?

It just comes down to training specifics, Islam probably runs at that pace without targeted speed training and just from pure athleticism, besides most fighters that i know can’t run for shit compared to pure runners, due to size, different training methods and so on. Anything under pace 3:50/km is considered fast for amateur runner

How many guys were you training with that were Top 10 full time athletes working out 7 times a week?
You do understand that Islam isn’t training interval/pace running as his baseline and his upper body doesn’t fit running at serious pace at all. For some reason you think that any pro athlete can run 5k under 18 just because they train full time lol

5'11 22-0 #1 Super Lightweight Japanese pro boxer running a 14:26 lmao. A full 4 minutes faster than Islam.

I was talking about national teams.

How old was Hiraoka when he did that to have any connection to my post and how many more guys like him can you bring up to have any statistic meaning?
I mean, I can find random local women's races won by crossfit MMA moms in their late 30s with the same time as Islamd lmaooo
https://www.capegazette.com/article/cross-trainer-mma-fighter-wins-striders-womens-5k/49871

18-20 min 5ks are still within the normal amateur realm.
It's when you start shaving full minutes off to 17 and below that you get into actual competition level metrics, and the 14s range for serious mens pro results; lightyears ahead of where Islam was.

I mean, I can find random local women's races won by crossfit MMA moms in their late 30s with the same time as Islamd lmaooo
https://www.capegazette.com/article/cross-trainer-mma-fighter-wins-striders-womens-5k/49871

It's when you start shaving full minutes off to 17 and below that you get into actual competition level metrics, and the 14s range for serious mens pro results; lightyears ahead of where Islam was.

OK, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying and the post you quoted.

I said you're not likely to run 5K faster in your thirties than when you where 16-early 20, from my experience in Judo and wrestling.

That a soccer mom can run as fast as Islam is irelevant to that, unless she was a runner in highschool and she improved her time at 36.

I don't doubt it. Islam's strength and conditioning is really basic. It works for him. The focus is on cardio and even with the weight lifting. It's lighter weights with many reps and a lot of pullups. There is some kettlebell work but it's nothing crazy. He also does a lot of track running.

I bet most UFC fighters that fight at 155 and under can do around 18 minutes. Islam is probably average for a MMA fighter at his weight bracket.
No they can't. For anyone with a good amount of muscle mass and not trainings specifically for running, 18:30 is an excellent time for a 5K. It's obvious from some of the comments here that some people have never run a 5K in their life.

"for anyone who isn't a competive runner"
lmao bro he is a world class cardio machine whose entire life revolves around being one of the most physically conditioned athletes.
Again: highschoolers who aren't fully formed adults routinely hit 18:30 on variable terrain cross country races, let alone on a circular track.
Ridiculous on so many levels.

lol "at that pace". Bro it's the pace of an above average highschooler, not an olympian. Holy christ.
A) No it's not. I don't know why you think it is, or why you're so set in high school and B) the high schooler specifically trains that.

So she was the winner. That's the fastest time, not the average time. "She trains 35 miles a week."

She's even a cage fighter and specifically says “But it’s not cage fighting, the idea is to get a workout," and you just... missed the meaning of that?

3eEV8v2.png

Last edited:
Speedwalking is more my jam
Could of went pro, but I got a bum ankle from kicking too much ass in the gym

AcceptableGentleHairstreakbutterfly-max-1mb.gif
Looks like islam busting for a shit after finding out he'll fight Volk. I go to the toilet fast sometimes, but doesn't mean I have cardio.

bobbyboo-explode.gif

Yeah running conditioning is very different compared to just regular fight conditioning when you focus on speed and fast mile times.
I don't think many run for speed. They mostly just jog from what I've seen from a lot of fighters. There are going to be some fighters that are fast runners though because some people push it regardless of the type of training they are doing. Lots of boxers also have fast average mile times.
Yup. At the highest level, boxers would need to be prepared to do 36 minutes, and their sport requires them to rely on their footwork to move that long, not wrestling.

The absolute childishness of some people in this thread to think, "Here's a guy who should be an amazing high pace wrestler. Surely, he should be able to run over 3 miles in 15 minutes. I'm pretty sure that's how muscles work."

It's just like how body builders and Olympic swimmers dominate the MMA scene.

In his pre fight press conference he said so. Anyone who races knows that is really fucking fast

I don't know, he's not trying to win a race, but I'm sure he's fit as fuck and that's all that matters. His resting heart rate must be insane.

For fuck sake it is fucking fast
He isn't a cross country runner, so who cares what some mythical 9 year old girl can run

Carl froch states that he liked to run 6 miles at 36 minutes which is also very good

I have a friend who's marathon pb is 2 hours 47 minutes and his best 5k is 17.04 and all the guy does is run, run, run
Islam is carrying more muscle and is not solely focused on running, so his time is very good

anything under 21 mins is actually pretty solid for non competitive runners
Half the fat fucks slating him can hardly run to the fridge

For fuck sake it is fucking fast
He isn't a cross country runner, so who cares what some mythical 9 year old girl can run

Carl froch states that he liked to run 6 miles at 36 minutes which is also very good

I have a friend who's marathon pb is 2 hours 47 minutes and his best 5k is 17.04 and all the guy does is run, run, run
Islam is carrying more muscle and is not solely focused on running, so his time is very good

anything under 21 mins is actually pretty solid for non competitive runners
Half the fat fucks slating him can hardly run to the fridge

LOL

"Super solid" is hyperbole as well though. It's good, but way short of being thread worthy. I'd honestly expect all fighters under MW or so to be able to run something like an 18:30 5K.
Solid is inherently subdued. It's synonymous a good base line. It's basically just a round about way of saying good. Just how I talk.

And I doubt most fighters could run that just because it conflicts with the general routine fighters have. Most of these guys are probably great sprinters but no necessarily mid distance runners imo.

Back