• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Islam runs 5k in 18:30mins

I had a sub-19 5k back in cross country, not super fast but decent.

The best 5k runners were not training other sports and they had low muscle development. Given that many fighters have shown to have terrible cardio, this is probably much better than his competition.

Speedwalking is more my jam
Could of went pro, but I got a bum ankle from kicking too much ass in the gym

AcceptableGentleHairstreakbutterfly-max-1mb.gif
This is what Im saying, mainstream sports are lame. I was extremely talented and competitive at speed fucking, it was great... I was world class, even though I couldn’t keep a good sparring partner around. that is until my back went south, slacked off on training and damn it went down hill from there... luckily I ended up married to my last training partner, that was 18 years ago.

Correct, but running 18:30 when your entire life is cardio athletics is a bit easier than for the 99% of the world that aren't full time athletes.

running cardio is not the same as biking cardio

biking cardio is not the same as wrestling cardio

wrestling cardio is not the same as boxing cardio

running at that pace requires a certain type of body type which Islam does not have

In all seriousness. That's just under a 6 minute mile. Not amazing at all. Take his size in to account it's decent, but he's a pro athlete. I'd expect him to have a good time over 5k

You posted an athlete's metric on sherdawg dude. You should already know for a fact that

1)It's a terrible performance,
2)I can do it off the couch, I won stuff in my youth, I used to be great,
3)My 3 year old bow legged niece could do it,
4)Athletes that train specifically for this mentioned metric can do a much better job at it

Thank god it wasn't a lifting number. You'd get 20 pages of 4 digit numbers (for sets).

The hyperbole os strong with this one.

1830 is a super solid time for anyone who isn't a competitive runner. Pre college level 1800 is a very good time. In college it's sub 16 or nothing. But bonus points for running in Dagestan's mountains.

"Super solid" is hyperbole as well though. It's good, but way short of being thread worthy. I'd honestly expect all fighters under MW or so to be able to run something like an 18:30 5K.

running cardio is not the same as biking cardio

biking cardio is not the same as wrestling cardio

wrestling cardio is not the same as boxing cardio

running at that pace requires a certain type of body type which Islam does not have
lol "at that pace". Bro it's the pace of an above average highschooler, not an olympian. Holy christ.

Before the fight they should have a footage around the outside of the arena

I don't know how it is in professional running, but for fighting sports I don't think it's more likely to run the 5K faster at 31 than you were in highschool.

I remember doing this with the Judo and Wrestling teams and the best times were 16- early 20 YO.
How many guys were you training with that were Top 10 full time athletes working out 7 times a week?

5'11 22-0 #1 Super Lightweight Japanese pro boxer running a 14:26 lmao. A full 4 minutes faster than Islam.

Last edited:
Back