News Islam Makhachev vs Dustin Poirier set for UFC 302 on June 1

Who Wins?

• Islam Makhachev

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • Dustin Poirier

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
Brain rot is real evidently. "goal" LMFAO you act like Ali held a gun to Gaethje's head and forced him to sign for the most lucrative payday in his entire career. GTFOH mate
And you're supposed to know these numbers? How are we assuming what Gaethje got? UFC has a set PPV point distribution system in place and there was already 2 other champions on the card, just how much PPV points did Gaethje get? I believe he got PPV points if they snubbed Weili on them.

I reckon it was about the same pay he'd get as a title challenger (which is still a good pay day). You gotta understand how Ali operates dude.

Conor isn't even main or co main. Huge card. Those 3 fights are better or as good as UFC 300 last 3 fights.

Conir Chandler is such an event. Conor only guy in the UFC where every single fight lived up to the hype.

Chandler hypermotivated vs Conors huge ego. Barn burner.

Sean Costs 5 rounds. Sean is a cardio machine. Needs 5 rounds.

Islam DP should be a choke under 3 full rounds.

Yay, can't wait for Dustin to inevitably get submitted yet again in a championship fight...

You are very MMA smart. And I respect that MMA knowledge. But you may be fnancially illiterate.

Gaethje got:

PPV Points
Title Defense Opp
Huge payday base
Opportunity for a monster bonus
In a fight he was a heavy favorite

Agains't Islam:

Less PPV pts (lower buys on any non 300 card obviously)
Huge underdog

As a manager you don't let financially illiterate fans tell the best thing for your client. I love Justin Gaethje. And I don't particularly like Ali. But the fact is the manager the fighter a chance for a huge triple-headline title fight spot on the most hyped card in UFC History in a fight where he was a consensus huge favorite and people thought "easy money."

My guy, that is literally what a manager's job is. LITERALLY. He put his client in a position to make huge money in what broadly was considered the easiest matchup he could have realistically had.
He's not financially illiterate or ignorant. He is implying that Ali (and Makhachev and possibly the UFC) purposefully managed Gaethje into signing up for UFC 300 so that Islam can avoid him or force him to turn around injured on short notice in June so Islam, who was already going to be a massive favorite, can have all the advantages.

Anyone with half a functioning brain knows why Gaethje signed on for UFC 300.

And you're supposed to know these numbers? How are we assuming what Gaethje got? UFC has a set PPV point distribution system in place and there was already 2 other champions on the card, just how much PPV points did Gaethje get? I believe he got PPV points if they snubbed Weili on them.

I reckon it was about the same pay he'd get as a title challenger (which is still a good pay day). You gotta understand how Ali operates dude.

If the speed limit is 55, and I'm going 60, and someone zooms past me I don't need a radar to know he's going more than 61 mph.

Gathje's next fight would have been Islam so to forego that opportunity the financial incentive - by definition - HAS to be overwhelming. This was a title defense for Gathje; the only other fight he's qualified for that would have potentially been against Khabib where he brought the Interim belt.

The bonuses he was eligible for were 6 times - SIX TIMES - what he could make even on normal headline PPV title fight. Think of his knockouts of Vick, Johnson, and Porier. All-time classic level highlight's and KO's and he made 2x more in "bonus" money last night than those 3 fights COMBINED.

Are you starting to understand the immensely overwhelming financial incentive? You want me to provide you a screenshot of a contract instead of using just a bit of common sense? Just a bit? C'mon man

Can't see any justification to give Poirier a 3rd title shot. It's another free win for Islam. Stupid fight

Volk’s grappling coach did an excellent job in preparing him for Islam’s sambo. If I’m Poirier I’m hiring that guy for this camp.

You are very MMA smart. And I respect that MMA knowledge. But you may be fnancially illiterate.

Gaethje got:

PPV Points
Title Defense Opp
Huge payday base
Opportunity for a monster bonus
In a fight he was a heavy favorite

Agains't Islam:

Less PPV pts (lower buys on any non 300 card obviously)
Huge underdog

As a manager you don't let financially illiterate fans tell the best thing for your client. I love Justin Gaethje. And I don't particularly like Ali. But the fact is the manager the fighter a chance for a huge triple-headline title fight spot on the most hyped card in UFC History in a fight where he was a consensus huge favorite and people thought "easy money."

My guy, that is literally what a manager's job is. LITERALLY. He put his client in a position to make huge money in what broadly was considered the easiest matchup he could have realistically had.
you get it dawg. people make stupid assumptions without actually thinking about anything.

Justin got paid handsomely fighting on the most prestigious card, with a trump card in his hand, if he won the fight. He wins, he would have a title fight in his pocket anyways, and would be in win/win situation.

Love Poirier but this is an embarrassment.

Dustin is on a ONE fight win streak against and un-ranked opponent. We have a clear #1 contender, and Islam only fights twice a year.

Yeah, classy. Pushing for a date that Makhachev never agreed on to start with.

You don't quite understand how slimeball narcissists like Ali operate.

Conor isn't even main or co main. Huge card. Those 3 fights are better or as good as UFC 300 last 3 fights.

Conir Chandler is such an event. Conor only guy in the UFC where every single fight lived up to the hype.

Chandler hypermotivated vs Conors huge ego. Barn burner.

Sean Costs 5 rounds. Sean is a cardio machine. Needs 5 rounds.

Islam DP should be a choke under 3 full rounds.
Conor is the main for 303
Makhachev is main for 302 and Strickland co-main for 302

Conor is the main for 303
Makhachev is main for 302 and Strickland co-main for 302
Ah ok. Lol. Now makes sense.

Sean Costa is a worthy co main

Conor Chandler might have a throw away under card. That fight is enough, additions are a bonus.

Conor is the opposite of O miley. They de-stack his cards.

Garbage. Poirier is going to get wrestled to death again. Poirier has had his chances and failed.

Arman Tsarukyan got robbed here. He should be fighting Makhachev.

Why does Costa get to lose and constantly fight up? Really should have been Vettori and Strickland instead as Vettori still actually wins fights.

Back