Is UFC a "fight" to you?

If both fighters try to finish it's something in between fight and sport (i doesn't have to bo throwing wild KO shots every 10 seconds but as long as the goal is to finish its something in between).

If both fighters try to win points by "control" it's just a sport.

is it a real street fight if one guys controls the other guy while occasionally dropping shots or attempts to break / choke something?

When you watch the UFC, do you feel like you are watching a fight or just a competition between 2 guys?

It's this:

Joe-Stevenson.gif

Velasquez-fake-kick-Nog.gif

It's a fight sport. I get no feeling of seeing a real fight. If you have seen a real fight you would agree.

It's a fight sport. I get no feeling of seeing a real fight. If you have seen a real fight you would agree.

most "real fights" are with people who do not know how to fight.

It needs more soccer kicks to the head and more blood in my not so humble opinion. Nut shots and hair pulling also need to be allowed against longhairs like clay guida

It is a fucking fist fight.

Two men enter, one man leaves [victorious]. A sport is something you play with your buddies and a couple of balls.

Looks like according to some people here it's not a fight unless someone ends up dead.

It's a fight just as much as it is a sport. And if you don't agree, get out of my face.

fight? not really but it is a competition.

the restrictions on kicks/elbows really need to be changed...

someone from the ufc told me its entertainment, they get paid to win and entertain, its a job. don't ever think it isn't real competition because you need to win to keep your job. lauzons a good example of entertainment because his skills are striking and bjj which both finish your opponent thats why he always gets money bonuses from being in fight of the night or sub of the night..

someone from the ufc told me its entertainment, they get paid to win and entertain, its a job. don't ever think it isn't real competition because you need to win to keep your job. lauzons a good example of entertainment because his skills are striking and bjj which both finish your opponent thats why he always gets money bonuses from being in fight of the night or sub of the night..

fights can be entertaining, yes.

Competition. A very physical one, but still a competition. Fights don't have rules, glove touching,sanctioning bodies, and referees.

is it a real street fight if one guys controls the other guy while occasionally dropping shots or attempts to break / choke something?

I never said anything about street fights but i don't think controlling the fight makes it point fighting. If controlling the fight is the only thing you care about (not doing damage or finishing) then it's pointfighting

Back