Opinion Is Trump really that bad as a President?

From a presidential standpoint, he was very similar to most former presidents as far as policies go

Just an asshole of a person though. No one can really deny this

Honestly, the media painted Trump as Joffrey Baratheon when he was probably more like Stannis Baratheon

Trump has already appeared on some presidential rankings lists from historians. Both are from 2018. One had him dead last. Worst president ever. The other had him over James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson. So, third worst president ever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States

Would be interesting to see new ones from 2020. It's not like Trump improved. My guess - worst ever. But as Trump says, "we're last, meaning we're first!"

Lmao. Everyone including doctors were literally telling everyone that they didn't work because they wanted them for the hospitals and no one else. But yeah, lets just blame Trump for everything..

That never happened. Nice twisting of reality to fit your narrative.

You like a trade war he started with China that hurt the US a lot more than it hurt China? And, what exactly was his economic plan?

So I'll admit there are some holes in my knowledge of ALL the details of the trade war but I can't help but think that there was always going to be some pain in addressing this issue, and short-term pain was going to always be needed in order to prevent greater long-term pain. I think this goes with alot of our issues (the deficit for instance) and it highlights a major flaw in people as a whole that has consequences in a political system where the average person has a say. And that flaw is that people by and large seek immediate gratification and avoid discomfort at the expense of the long-term gain.

In terms of policy he has been overall middle of the road, he didn't get a lot done and didn't do anything extraordinary. Unremarkable. In terms of personality he's the funniest president of all time, for better or worse

The worst president ever is George W Bush

Trump has already appeared on some presidential rankings lists from historians. Both are from 2018. One had him dead last. Worst president ever. The other had him over James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson. So, third worst president ever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States

Would be interesting to see new ones from 2020. It's not like Trump improved. My guess - worst ever. But as Trump says, "we're last, meaning we're first!"
Recency bias galore

Trump didn't start any wars and just for that he should not be below average

Yeah he was objectively terrible and it was an embarrassing 4 years.

That never happened. Nice twisting of reality to fit your narrative.

https://www.wired.com/story/how-masks-went-from-dont-wear-to-must-have/

"This statement was the culmination of a massive shift in messaging—and in science. In the early days of the pandemic, the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and even WIRED warned people against using masks. They wouldn’t protect people against getting the disease, all those organizations said, and supplies looked short for the personal protective equipment that health care workers were going to need when the pandemic got bad."

"Some of the messaging from public health officials was even more explicitly opposed, though. In late February, CDC director Robert Redfield testified before the House Foreign Affairs subcommittee and was asked if healthy people should wear masks. “No,” Redfield responded. The day after that, US surgeon general Jerome Adams tweeted “Seriously people—STOP BUYING MASKS.” Fauci himself, in early March, told a Senate committee that the general public didn’t need to wear them because Covid-19 wasn’t widespread enough."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4867816/user-clip-fauci-asked-masks

Cuz they don't like him as a person. As a president as far as policies he was fine until the pandemic then it went to shit but that could have happened under most anyone I reckon. He's furthered a cultural divide though imo and race relations are worse than when he got elected. Running into racism in my day to day life seems more normal and I'm a white male so before I didn't see it as much.

Will Biden be better? Probably not. If he goes to the full term he'll be 81 at the end and my 81 year old grandpa can't get out of bed without falling down. Biden doesn't seem in any better mental shape than my grandpa at 77.

Agreed but I think race relations worsened solely due to the media and the left calling him a racist since his first day in office. The media and left never let up on him and people got so spun up they couldn’t think logically anymore.

the truth is that BLM popped right before the 2016 election as a way to help Hillary. Then it essentially vanished until George Floyd was a convenient reason to fire it up again before this election. I suspect it’ll largely vanish again until mid 2023

Reactions: Bia
Most idiots will say he was amazing or terrible. He was a run of the line neoconservative, now being replaced with a run of the line neoliberal. Policy-wise he was on par with Obama in my books (not very good). Although I think the country was better with him since people actually started paying attention to the shitty things going on the country. People cared when Trump put kids in cages but not when Obama was doing the same thing. People cared when Trump had a ban on 7 Muslim countries but not when Obama had a ban on Iran. People cared when Trump lied to them, but were happy fellating Obama when he did the same thing. People cared when he dropped a bomb in Syria, but not when Obama ran out of bombs to drop.

Most idiots will say he was amazing or terrible. He was a run of the line neoconservative, now being replaced with a run of the line neoliberal. Policy-wise he was on par with Obama in my books (not very good). Although I think the country was better with him since people actually started paying attention to the shitty things going on the country. People cared when Trump put kids in cages but not when Obama was doing the same thing. People cared when Trump had a ban on 7 Muslim countries but not when Obama had a ban on Iran. People cared when Trump lied to them, but were happy fellating Obama when he did the same thing. People cared when he dropped a bomb in Syria, but not when Obama ran out of bombs to drop.
Always been like that though. If your guy is in charge, you simply don't care about the lies and atrocities. And that goes both ways. Not gonna change

Fauci himself, in early March, told a Senate committee that the general public didn’t need to wear them because Covid-19 wasn’t widespread enough."

Notice how what he actually said and what you claim he said are two different things? Nice twisting of reality.

Don is an asshole but he managed Usa pretty well in terms of the economy. He is a leader and loves his country. His presence alone brought in division, hate and his handling of the rona wasn’t the best, though. I’d give him a 6.5/10 and that is a pretty damn high grade considering how much i don’t like politicians.
All that said, he is acting like a complete clown right now. I respected the decision of the people when they picked him in 2016 and I think that Joe deserves that as well in 2020. Whether you like him or not.

Job growth was pretty good, I'll give him that.. .but he didn't really bend the curve, it was a steady increase that Obama had started. Very hard to attribute the growth directly to Trump policies.

Stock market growth was artificial, mostly fueled by stock by-backs due to him lowering taxes on corporations.

Deficits were up, even pre-covid in a booming economy, WTF is with that? If you can't pay your bills, and even sock some away when the economy is booming good luck making up for the losses when it's not.

Trade deficit with China increased, so that was a fail. Especially considering how American industry was hit with heavy taxes they had to pay on Chinese made equipment and supplies that couldn't really be sourced elsewhere. Trump made everything more expensive for Americans, and got negative results for it. This personally pisses me off because it cost me $2000 this year just for tariffs on goods for my small shop.
eh, Obama wasn't responsible for anything 3 years into Trumps term. Trump cut red tape to make us more competitive in the oil industry, for example. We're less dependent on foreign sources for fuel.
The stock market has been steadily climbing, basically since he's been in office and even during much of the pandemic. ITs not "artificial."

<WhatIsThis>I said nothing about a close election? Are you being dense on purpose <{nope}> did I make you mad?

Strawman much? <Neil01>
What did you think we were past since 2000 that would negate vote counting taking time in a close election? I guess I’m dense
If you look at him strictly from a policy perspective, it was typical conservative fair. He's actually the first president in modern history that hasn't gotten us into a war.

Most everyone's problem with Trump is his personality and character. If you dive into his policy, he's one of least destructive presidents in generations. If you look at him from what he stands for and as a person, he's been one of the worst.
He’s been the most destructive president to the environment in modern times. Rolled back over 100 environmental protections. Worst of all what he did to protections in the Tongass, a move that will hurt the economy and environment.

That, to me, is my big problem with Trump.

History won't be kind to Trump. The administration already has has more criminal indictments than the Nixon administration and I suspect there will be many more coming.

The Presidency of the Donald Trump has been one huge nightmare but the knowledge that the rest of us are going to have no choice but to be stuck with Trumps supporters for decades to come is going to be an even bigger nightmare.

Back