Opinion Is Trump really that bad as a President?

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance, not an American, and I really don't keep up and really dislike politics, but it seems there's a lot of people celebrating on social media like it's a new beginning now that Trump will step down. How come?

Cuz they don't like him as a person. As a president as far as policies he was fine until the pandemic then it went to shit but that could have happened under most anyone I reckon. He's furthered a cultural divide though imo and race relations are worse than when he got elected. Running into racism in my day to day life seems more normal and I'm a white male so before I didn't see it as much.

Will Biden be better? Probably not. If he goes to the full term he'll be 81 at the end and my 81 year old grandpa can't get out of bed without falling down. Biden doesn't seem in any better mental shape than my grandpa at 77.

Just look at his twitter. He's a deranged man-child.

Yeah I've heard a lot of crazy things about him, and mostly some funny/hilarious stuff, but I mean has the country like suffered when he's on the position?

Yeah I've heard a lot of crazy things about him, and mostly some funny/hilarious stuff, but I mean has the country like suffered when he's on the position?

Not really. Most people I know including myself have prospered. Even during all the protests and such in general America was doing fine before handling the pandemic so poorly.

No. I don't think he's as bad as the left makes him out to be or that a second term would've brought on the armageddon. He's crass, arrogant, and carries himself like a spoiled child, but folks act like anything he does is the worse thing ever (ya know kinda how the right did with Obama during his Presidency).

Sorry, I'm not gonna name him "literally the worst President ever" while some were slave owners.

The right is gonna do the same thing with Biden and the never ending cycle of "my team is better than your team" will continue.

Economic wise he was very good. Statesman wise he wasnt. Its the opposite for Biden. He's a better statesman but his policies have a history of not working.

Based on how the democrats have ran their cities I expect it to get worse with more people fleeing new York and los Angeles more than they already are.

The police problem is also going to stay the same under biden but they won't cover it as much or at least won't blame the liberals, just like how they didn't blame liberals when Obama was in office and it was still happening.

Same with immigration because obama and biden were worse than trump on that.

I expect that once 2024 comes around, and people see that the current liberal economic policies are failing, they will vote Republican rather extensively in the next election as long as the candidate is more personable than trump.

Cuz they don't like him as a person. As a president as far as policies he was fine until the pandemic then it went to shit but that could have happened under most anyone I reckon. He's furthered a cultural divide though imo and race relations are worse than when he got elected. Running into racism in my day to day life seems more normal and I'm a white male so before I didn't see it as much.

Will Biden be better? Probably not. If he goes to the full term he'll be 81 at the end and my 81 year old grandpa can't get out of bed without falling down. Biden doesn't seem in any better mental shape than my grandpa at 77.
We have Kamala as the Trojan horse when he fully loses his marbles.

The police problem is also going to stay the same under biden but they won't cover it as much or at least won't blame the liberals, just like how they didn't blame liberals when Obama was in office and it was still happening.

Thank you for having a brain. If I'm not mistaken it was worse under the Obama Presidency but people are visual creatures and Obama didn't quite fit the bill as someone to assign blame to. Trump, with his crassness and history made it too easy for people to say "this violence is the result of our racist President!!!"

I hate how everyone seems to think racism or police brutality will go away now.

Yeah he’s pretty crappy but people have recency bias. There has been a ton of terrible presidents before lol. Bidens just basically a safe replacement that wont rock the boat to much and will maintain democrat business as usual views.

Back