Opinion Is Trump really that bad as a President?

He is hit or miss. I like his stances on foreign policy, trade and economy and those are what are important to me.

You like a trade war he started with China that hurt the US a lot more than it hurt China? And, what exactly was his economic plan?

Yes, he was a shit show

He severely weakened our standing with the western alliances (Nato, Climate accord, etc)
He emboldened those who seek to destroy the west (Russia, NK, Iran)
He somehow increased the trade deficit with China while at the same time making chinese goods more expensive for Americans. (tariffs suck, but at least you hope they improve trade, nope).
He normalized nationalism and racism in the US for a large percentage of the population
He increased the deficit during even though the economy was booming (not even including covid)
He oversaw a covid response that was the worse in the developed world--resulting in 10's of thousands more dead than necessary

The worst thing he did was lie and lie and lie in order to undermine the confidence in our institutions (CIA, FBI, Elections, The Free Press). This is a deliberate attempt to destroy our country for his own gain.

No, he isn't. But Orang Man Bad.

Yeah he’s pretty crappy but people have recency bias. There has been a ton of terrible presidents before lol. Bidens just basically a safe replacement that wont rock the boat to much and will maintain democrat business as usual views.

WHICH IS PRECIESLY WHAT GOT TRUMP INTO OFFICE IN THE FIRST PLACE

You like a trade war he started with China that hurt the US a lot more than it hurt China? And, what exactly was his economic plan?
I believe his trade war was necessary and overdue and his hardline with China was actually supported on both sides.
I don't have a physical copy of Trumps plan in front of me. I think the job growth, stock market etc sort of support him being a good economic president.
The middle class tax break was also good to me. Not a game changer but I got a tax refund under Trump, at least.

Oh I remember I thought we were passed that considering it happened 2 decades ago

WTF do you mean by "over it?" the point is that an election taking a week or more isn't that unusual.

I believe his trade war was necessary and overdue and his hardline with China was actually supported on both sides.
I don't have a physical copy of Trumps plan in front of me. I think the job growth, stock market etc sort of support him being a good economic president.
The middle class tax break was also good to me. Not a game changer but I got a tax refund under Trump, at least.

The stock market had nothing to do with policies. It's because of him being, supposedly, a business guy. It was a confidence issue.

Most of the actions that started the economic recovery were done under Obama.

Honestly though, the ebb and flow of the economy has little to do with policy.

Job growth was pretty good, I'll give him that.. .but he didn't really bend the curve, it was a steady increase that Obama had started. Very hard to attribute the growth directly to Trump policies.

Stock market growth was artificial, mostly fueled by stock by-backs due to him lowering taxes on corporations.

Deficits were up, even pre-covid in a booming economy, WTF is with that? If you can't pay your bills, and even sock some away when the economy is booming good luck making up for the losses when it's not.

Trade deficit with China increased, so that was a fail. Especially considering how American industry was hit with heavy taxes they had to pay on Chinese made equipment and supplies that couldn't really be sourced elsewhere. Trump made everything more expensive for Americans, and got negative results for it. This personally pisses me off because it cost me $2000 this year just for tariffs on goods for my small shop.

How do you approach the ccp if they're stealing

WTF do you mean by "over it?" the point is that an election taking a week or more isn't that unusual.

My comment was about "Election Day" the reply was about something that happened over 20 years ago, seems a bit unusual to me that Election Day is no longer just a day based on things that are typically rare like hanging chads in the armpit of America and basically haven't occurred in 2 decades

Simple observation. No need to get your panties in a bunch baby

Yes, he was a shit show

He severely weakened our standing with the western alliances (Nato, Climate accord, etc)
He emboldened those who seek to destroy the west (Russia, NK, Iran)
He somehow increased the trade deficit with China while at the same time making chinese goods more expensive for Americans. (tariffs suck, but at least you hope they improve trade, nope).
He normalized nationalism and racism in the US for a large percentage of the population
He increased the deficit during even though the economy was booming (not even including covid)
He oversaw a covid response that was the worse in the developed world--resulting in 10's of thousands more dead than necessary

The worst thing he did was lie and lie and lie in order to undermine the confidence in our institutions (CIA, FBI, Elections, The Free Press). This is a deliberate attempt to destroy our country for his own gain.

Couldn't have said it better myself. They guy was a HORRIBLE President. Yes, we didn't start a new war which is great but be damaged the US is so many other ways.

The guy started an anti-mask movement during a pandemic. That alone should disqualify him from the job.
Lmao. Everyone including doctors were literally telling everyone that they didn't work because they wanted them for the hospitals and no one else. But yeah, lets just blame Trump for everything..

You thought we were past there potentially being a close election? Lol ok

<WhatIsThis>I said nothing about a close election? Are you being dense on purpose <{nope}> did I make you mad?

Strawman much? <Neil01>

Only thing he is going to be remembered for is being the dumbest and worst president of all time

If you look at him strictly from a policy perspective, it was typical conservative fair. He's actually the first president in modern history that hasn't gotten us into a war.

Most everyone's problem with Trump is his personality and character. If you dive into his policy, he's one of least destructive presidents in generations. If you look at him from what he stands for and as a person, he's been one of the worst.

Whoever controls him they went hard on some issues.
The "borderwall",they shut down backpages, Sesta, Fosta and seizure of property for those involved in trafficking. Basically putting a hurt on organized crime and alphabet agencies trafficking routes.
The entire media hate him. Most celebrities. Politicians left and right hate him.....That is a group of immoral, sell your soul individuals and if they don't like you, you might be doing something right.

Trump is not only the worst president in American history but also the worst individual in human history.

Even Hitler would consider Trump beyond the pale.

Most everyone's problem with Trump is his personality and character. If you dive into his policy, he's one of least destructive presidents in generations. If you look at him from what he stands for and as a person, he's been one of the worst.

This

Back