Is this legal?

source.gif

Damn along with dropping boxes of guns in the hood these pigs also do this car bait shit too?

Smh

As others have said, entrapment is a police officer disguised as something else, prostitute, drug dealer etc

And going out and solitociting people for illegal activities.

Setting some shit somewhere and busting people that sell it is not.

Those kids could have just walked by and not stolen anything no problem.

Hotly dressed female officer, is at a bar and approaching drunk dudes and acting interested.

Leads them somewhere and then asks for money for sex is entrapment.

90 50 you are half right. The female cop can dress like a prostitutes and stand on the corner, that's legal. When a John approaches HE has to say "I want sex for money" for it to be a legal sting. If she offers the exchange then the case would get thrown out as you can argue she enticed him to break the law where there's no evidence he would have otherwise.

Entrapment has nothing to do with how elaborate a sting is, it's when the cops hold your hand and guide you to breaking the law.

I don't know the parameters behind entrapment but I can't imagine it's "worth it" to arrest a bunch of kids for stealing Nikes.
Sure it is. It raises awareness that if you take shit that doesn't belong to you, it might be a sting, what this was.

Not entrapment, sting.

I don't think it's technically entrapment, but I've never understood the point of creating these kinds of situations to get people. These kids wouldn't be stealing shoes unless you left them there.
It's definitely not entrapment, and one shouldn't steal those shoes no matter what the conditions of risk.

These vids used to crack me up:

What difference does it make whether it's a citizen's car or a cop car with stuff in it? Motherfuckers are stealing. It's not entrapment. They saw something that didn't belong to them and took it. The sad part is that the police do this because they know 100% that they'll catch some assholes, because this morally bankrupt behavior is 'normal' in these neighborhoods.

The cops don't do this shit for fun, they do it when there are chronic problems with theft and B&E in neighborhoods. They do it for the law abiding citizens that live in these areas who have to live with bars on their windows to feel safe.

For the people saying it's entrapment, imagine that in your pretty little neighborhood, you and five other people had their cars broken into and ransacked one night..... the cops offer to use a bait car to catch the criminals, are you going to say "oh no, that's entrapment, I don't want you to catch the thieves that way....". Entrapment is when a cop approaches someone and offers to sell them illegal goods and services. Parking a car with objects inside of it (valuable or worthless) on a public street is not entrapment, as there is nothing illegal about doing that.

The people painting this as some sort of racist police tactic, should wake up and take a good look in the mirror. The idea that these kids wouldn't be stealing, if not for the goodies parked right in front of them, is bullshit and smacks of racism. It's the racism of low expectations, and the idea that these kids just can't help themselves from stealing, if you put stuff right in front of them...... It's like some people think "what do you expect these hood kids to do, NOT steal stuff that's left within their scope of vision?". There are many other neighborhoods where police don't use bait cars, because they don't have to, because the goddamn kids were raised by parents that taught them stealing is wrong.

You said 'hood kids', the term itself makes us think of underprivileged, impoverished areas (as well as our shitty thoughts about them). However, by the very nature of being raised in these areas they are already pretty much predetermined to a life of drugs/crime/etc.

I don't judge all people by the same standards. IMO if they had the resources for nike shit the local cops could have spent the time creating a competition for the kids to win the gear as a prize. In the same way as soldiers wouldnt be killed in SE Asia/Middle East if we weren't there, kids in the hood wouldnt be stealing shit if they were given the same opportunity in life as regular kids.

Summary- yes it's stealing, yes it is wrong, but there are worse things going on in these areas that could be fixed with a different approach.

Sounds like a Laurel and Hardy plays coppers skit anno 2018. Rather than, you know, serious police work.

You guys have never watched bait car? I believe it was mostly in Canada but they just left the keys in the ignition and then when guys would steal it they could shut off the car remotely and lock them in lol.

Nikes is petty theft though, pretty low lmao
bait car was hilarious .

I saw an episode of Cops once where they put a bike on a street corner in New Orleans as bait.

The responses from the thieves were funny as shit.
the you tube bike pranks are funny when they remotely freeze the bikes drivetrain and the rider goes flying.

This seems better than waiting for them to shoot someone for their Jordans

What difference does it make whether it's a citizen's car or a cop car with stuff in it? Motherfuckers are stealing. It's not entrapment. They saw something that didn't belong to them and took it. The sad part is that the police do this because they know 100% that they'll catch some assholes, because this morally bankrupt behavior is 'normal' in these neighborhoods.

The cops don't do this shit for fun, they do it when there are chronic problems with theft and B&E in neighborhoods. They do it for the law abiding citizens that live in these areas who have to live with bars on their windows to feel safe.

For the people saying it's entrapment, imagine that in your pretty little neighborhood, you and five other people had their cars broken into and ransacked one night..... the cops offer to use a bait car to catch the criminals, are you going to say "oh no, that's entrapment, I don't want you to catch the thiev

It's normal just about everywhere. Little fish are just easier to catch.

would you be opposed to police setting up pedos using bait lollis? happens all the time. The pedos use the same defense. If the bait wasn't there, I wouldn't have solicited and arranged to meet so it cancels out.

Obviously stealing is wrong, but this doesn't help to solve the issue.
You bust a kid, they get a record, and now theyre on that path.
There are better ways for cops to use their time and our resources.

America has enough people in jail as it is. How about attacking the CAUSES of crime? Guys are more worried about their arrest rates and stats than actually getting rid of crime.

It's dirty, but legal. I wouldn't be real proud of those arrests, as an officer.

But yeah, urban mentality would have multiple people jumping in the truck to unload it asap. I leave my 2,500 bike on the porch sometimes and it doesn't get stolen.. Not a "rich" neighborhood, but middle class white.

America has enough people in jail as it is. How about attacking the CAUSES of crime? Guys are more worried about their arrest rates and stats than actually getting rid of crime.

So you want the cops to be a bunch of strangers kids father's?

Crime is not eradicable, you can only fight to suppress it. It will always exist so long as desire does, and one man may have more than the other.

Best we can do is clip nails.

So you want the cops to be a bunch of strangers kids father's?
<31>
No. But buying a bunch of Nikes and then waiting behind bushes for a bunch of poor ass kids is a waste of time and money. There are better things that could be done. Putting these kids in the system just starts the cycle

Breaking news: put something valuable in front of a poor person and they'll probably try to steal it.
This doesn't help anybody. The police shouldn't be tempting people to commit crimes.

It's easy to judge the morals of a person when you're not living in the same shithole they are.
I wouldn't steal shit, but im also not poor.

Crime is not eradicable, you can only fight to suppress it. It will always exist so long as desire does, and one man may have more than the other.

Best we can do is clip nails.
Of course crime will always exist, but i didnt say anything about eradication.

Tempting poor people to commit crimes isn't helpful.
Chicago is one of the most crime ridden places in the nation, and there are actual helpful things that could be done to combat crime. This isn't one of them

Back