Is this legal?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is this entrapment? Police with a "bait" truck filled with expensive Nike shoes and left it in near a basketball in the inner city and when kids came up with tried to steal, police would come out of the woodwork to arrest the kids

fQEcXEvrd7leiRWA5BSAIckHkGEyiz6PJBhm5z5LvIQdLcPJLW_X0xfDYoVPvg4H4fyynBw=s0-d-e1-ft

b9KfeebqoExzTKvI90e4bhNZbt5APcKkX6CH2w55X_M-47kAW_C2xaVCbG8Y4wvPiPOZ2Dg=s0-d-e1-ft

I don't think it's technically entrapment, but I've never understood the point of creating these kinds of situations to get people. These kids wouldn't be stealing shoes unless you left them there.

Trying to steal shoes?
No, thats illegal

Entrapment or not it's pretty low. They could've given the kids a better chance of avoiding dat life of crime by filling the truck with Reebok instead

Definitely not the kind of jailbait that'd work on me though

They would have picked that spot for a reason. Previous crimes and wanted to find out who was breaking into vehicles .

You guys have never watched bait car? I believe it was mostly in Canada but they just left the keys in the ignition and then when guys would steal it they could shut off the car remotely and lock them in lol.

Nikes is petty theft though, pretty low lmao

They do that out here at malls and stores around the holidays. They even put up a sign for people to know. APD Bait Car in Area

Hopefully a valuable lesson was learned that day.

Don't steal.

I saw an episode of Cops once where they put a bike on a street corner in New Orleans as bait.

The responses from the thieves were funny as shit.

I don't know the parameters behind entrapment but I can't imagine it's "worth it" to arrest a bunch of kids for stealing Nikes.

What difference does it make whether it's a citizen's car or a cop car with stuff in it? Motherfuckers are stealing. It's not entrapment. They saw something that didn't belong to them and took it. The sad part is that the police do this because they know 100% that they'll catch some assholes, because this morally bankrupt behavior is 'normal' in these neighborhoods.

The cops don't do this shit for fun, they do it when there are chronic problems with theft and B&E in neighborhoods. They do it for the law abiding citizens that live in these areas who have to live with bars on their windows to feel safe.

For the people saying it's entrapment, imagine that in your pretty little neighborhood, you and five other people had their cars broken into and ransacked one night..... the cops offer to use a bait car to catch the criminals, are you going to say "oh no, that's entrapment, I don't want you to catch the thieves that way....". Entrapment is when a cop approaches someone and offers to sell them illegal goods and services. Parking a car with objects inside of it (valuable or worthless) on a public street is not entrapment, as there is nothing illegal about doing that.

The people painting this as some sort of racist police tactic, should wake up and take a good look in the mirror. The idea that these kids wouldn't be stealing, if not for the goodies parked right in front of them, is bullshit and smacks of racism. It's the racism of low expectations, and the idea that these kids just can't help themselves from stealing, if you put stuff right in front of them...... It's like some people think "what do you expect these hood kids to do, NOT steal stuff that's left within their scope of vision?". There are many other neighborhoods where police don't use bait cars, because they don't have to, because the goddamn kids were raised by parents that taught them stealing is wrong.

Last edited:
Of course it’s legal. It wouldn’t be if the cops told the kids to steal it. But it’s not like anyone is making them steal that stuff.

If it was illegal then lots of innocent folks would be charged with enabling a crime of opportunity. Forgot to lock your door? Off to jail you go. Left your wallet on your dash while your car was in your driveway? 20 to life. Your kid left his bike on the front lawn? Death row you go little Billy!

Last edited:
What difference does it make whether it's a citizen's car or a cop car with stuff in it? Motherfuckers are stealing. It's not entrapment. They saw something that didn't belong to them and took it. The sad part is that the police do this because they know 100% that they'll catch some assholes, because this morally bankrupt behavior is 'normal' in these neighborhoods.

The cops don't do this shit for fun, they do it when there are chronic problems with theft and B&E in neighborhoods. They do it for the law abiding citizens that live in these areas who have to live with bars on their windows to feel safe.

For the people saying it's entrapment, imagine that in your pretty little neighborhood, you and five other people had their cars broken into and ransacked one night..... the cops offer to use a bait car to catch the criminals, are you going to say "oh no, that's entrapment, I don't want you to catch the thieves that way....". Entrapment is when a cop approaches someone and offers to sell them illegal goods and services. Parking a car with objects inside of it (valuable or worthless) on a public street is not entrapment, as there is nothing illegal about doing that.

The people painting this as some sort of racist police tactic, should wake up and take a good look in the mirror. The idea that these kids wouldn't be stealing, if not for the goodies parked right in front of them, is bullshit and smacks of racism. It's the racism of low expectations, and the idea that these kids just can't help themselves from stealing, if you put stuff right in front of them...... It's like some people think "what do you expect these hood kids to do, NOT steal stuff that's left within their scope of vision?". There are many other neighborhoods where police don't use bait cars, because they don't have to, because the goddamn kids were raised by parents that taught them stealing is wrong.
<{monica}>

m96jjd.jpg

Is this entrapment? Police with a "bait" truck filled with expensive Nike shoes and left it in near a basketball in the inner city and when kids came up with tried to steal, police would come out of the woodwork to arrest the kids

fQEcXEvrd7leiRWA5BSAIckHkGEyiz6PJBhm5z5LvIQdLcPJLW_X0xfDYoVPvg4H4fyynBw=s0-d-e1-ft

b9KfeebqoExzTKvI90e4bhNZbt5APcKkX6CH2w55X_M-47kAW_C2xaVCbG8Y4wvPiPOZ2Dg=s0-d-e1-ft

<Y2JSmirk> If they didn't want the contents of the van stolen they should have filled it with books or job applications !!

<{shaqs}> .

Back