Law Is the CIA to blame for America's extreme drug addiction?

Heroin and opiates have been around a long time. But the drug companies were the ones pushing these pills like used car salesman, while claiming they weren't addicting, despite having solid evidence that they were. THAT was one of the major drivers of the opiate crisis we are experiencing today in this country.
Duh, the Sacklers should be charged, but the CIA was bringing heroin in long before they started a company.

I have not seen the cia be accused of being responsible for drug use, but I have seen them accused of being responsible for the extreme violence and drug dealing in black neighborhoods. Same reason you stated, selling crack to black dealers to flood the streets with drugs.

Even if the cia did what was claimed, they did not go to each and every city and sell them drugs. I believe they supposedly provided the drugs to one city or state and ever since, people like to blame black gang/drug violence on them. I don’t buy it. It is too prevalent/permeated/embedded throughout the country’s black inner city.

So in order to believe this is true, you have to take the few dealers they supplied and credit them with influencing the whole country as well as generations of black people.

And this occurred in the 80s during the Nicaraguan civil war if I recall. What about all the drug dealing in the black community prior to this?

Whether the cia did or did not sell drugs to black drug dealers, I think this is just more blame shifting and an excuse for the way things currently are. Some black people and white liberals tie themselves in knots to make excuses for how bad things are. It’s either the war on drugs, Jim Crow, slavery, redlining, putting in highways in the middle of “thriving black communities,” systemic racism. If the cia did this, they don’t force anyone to sell drugs-they made it easier for a time for some dealers.

To blame slavery for all the problems today, you have to ignore the 1950s when black families were going strong. I think everything came apart in the 60s, the most violent decade in American history crime-wise, followed by the 90s and the crack epidemic.

I think the biggest issues are explained by broken families. Black marriage rates are shit and in the inner city, black fathers are not in the home with their kids at the rates of other races. Whether you blame incarceration rates, welfare (the mother supposedly gets paid more if she is unwed), promiscuity that leads to the end of relationships(with the women having children to multiple men and the men having children with multiple women), lack of education, poverty, crime-I think much of it is due to broken homes.

The reasons: Lack of two incomes will almost always lead to poverty unless at least one of the parents has a really good job. Single parent homes have more trouble keeping their child on task in school-so a lack of education limits possibilities, lack of male role model which may drive child to seek out role models that may not be good influences (such as the gang banging drug dealer down on the corner that flashes money) that leads them to gangs and crime which leads to incarceration and being away from their own kids.

Of course, if you look up this topic to get numbers, you are flooded-absolutely flooded, with articles saying these stereotypes aren’t accurate(despite only 30% black marriage rate), but in my experiences, when and where there are problems, and when you dig into the issue, you find that the father does not live with the child. I agree, we aren’t in these homes to see the dynamics or involvement of the father, but it is damn near impossible to be a good dad if you are locked up or dead. It is very difficult to be a good father to one child when you don’t live in the home with the child and in fact, you have several other children with different women-how do you choose which kid and baby momma to live with, support, and care for? I have three kids and I know the amount of work and dedication that goes into raising them right and guiding them to achieve their highest potential. I simply believe it is too difficult for too many men that don’t live with their kids regardless of race.

My whole point is that the validity of the stories of the cia providing drugs to sell to find a war are not absolute, and even if they are, it is nearly impossible to use these stories to explain demand for drugs nationwide; crime and incarceration rates, the demographics of who is selling drugs and where, who is committing/receiving violence due to gangs and drug dealing, declining marriage rates and fathers in the home, failing education, poverty, etc.

YES.

Air America (CIA) were running massive coke, heroine, etc. back in the 80s. I'm sure it never went away, just "evolved".

I don't think there's any other developed country that even comes close to our drug consumption and addiction.

The story goes that the CIA needed funding for overseas operations and started bringing drugs to the US from Cambodia and they may or may not have stopped then. It seems that drug issues we have blew up right after. They brought drugs to inner cities and probably everywhere else. Now the country is addicted to crack, meth, fentanyl and everything else in between. I'm not surprised if they're still getting a cut of the profit from the drug organizations from all over the world.

If they needed money, they should've brought the stuff to another country. Not getting the people paying your salary addicted for life to extremely harmful drugs.

I dont want to oversimplify the issue as you attempted to.

Most of Americans are fat and obese. Unable to control ourselves

Im quite sure the CIA has nothing to do with our gluttony

Americans are to blame for America's drug problem.

Stop blaming the the Government for your drug addictions.

The government helped funnel shit in and shot it through certain neighborhoods in mass. Whether its big pharma or illegal drrugs, yes, the first person you should blame is the one with the majority of control over it. Its good to keep people weak and dependant I suppose.

I dont want to oversimplify the issue as you attempted to.

Most of Americans are fat and obese. Unable to control ourselves

Im quite sure the CIA has nothing to do with our gluttony

Bra. Go to places in Europe. Shelves are meagerly stocked. Nothing in over abundance. Very little junk anywhere. Very few fast food joints compared to north america. Junk, fatty foods, alcohol, pretty much all the bad shit is advertised and marketed in mass here. Its difficult NOT to get hooked on junk in NA.

Last edited:
Bra. Go to places in Europe. Shelves are meagerly stocked. Nothing in over abundance. Very little junk anywhere. Very few fast food joints compared to north america. Junk, fatty foods, alcohol, pretty much all the bad shit is advertised and marketed in mass here. Its difficult NOT to get hooked on junk in NA.
Its sheer gluttony that makes people eat 5 hamburgers, 2 bags of burritos, 5 cokes.

You may be more on the mark with marketing, but I wouldnt blame the CIA for our obesity and lack of self control.

I don't think there's any other developed country that even comes close to our drug consumption and addiction.

The story goes that the CIA needed funding for overseas operations and started bringing drugs to the US from Cambodia and they may or may not have stopped then. It seems that drug issues we have blew up right after. They brought drugs to inner cities and probably everywhere else. Now the country is addicted to crack, meth, fentanyl and everything else in between. I'm not surprised if they're still getting a cut of the profit from the drug organizations from all over the world.

If they needed money, they should've brought the stuff to another country. Not getting the people paying your salary addicted for life to extremely harmful drugs.
Yes and no. America is misserable place where media say and show on tv you are happiest when consuming food alcohol drugs and sports. Lol how else will cia get money but to do black market transactions

Yes, even our addictions are a government conspiracy. For cryin' out loud, how wacky are people these days? Scary.

CIA is and has been for years a failed agency with poor leadership.
the demise of HUMINT and increased reliance on drone technology, etc. detracted from their efficacy.
great book that illustrates this decline is by Tim Weiner called "Legacy of Ashes".
81QBEaG64PL._SL1500_.jpg

Just started this based on your recommendation...

...Holy shit, what a clusterfuck.

Just started this based on your recommendation...

...Holy shit, what a clusterfuck.

The author is Adam Curry's (from MTV and one of Rogan's reoccurring guests) uncle.

That book made me lose any shred of faith that I had in the gov, lol.

Yes, the CIA is to blame. Bringing the drugs into the country was bad enough. But they also interfered with domestic efforts to curb the spread.

And their actions made the situation worse in our neighbors to the South. It strengthened the cartels in their countries creating narco states.

You want to complain about refugees and asylum seekers? What do you think created the environment that they're running from?

Once the CIA got into protecting and expanding the reach of cartels ad, everyone else on the hemisphere suffered.

Back