Is the belal era here? other fighters using the same style

ArtardFiesta

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
we might be at a new point in mma where guys with belal gameplan start taking over. There are already several fighters with his style

125 - phantasia
135 - merab and sandhagen
145 - aljo
155 -arman
170 - king belal. ian garry
185 - ddp is 50% there. he does use a lot of wrestling and control to steal rounds, but he has the power to use that to wear his opponents down and finish them. howeve the potential to become a belal is there
205 - ank

hw - only fitting if jon jones retires using king belal style

Belal has all the earmarks of a transitory champion, but he deserves his flowers. I don't even really mind his style or anything, he's not a big finisher and doesn't seem focused on trying to be.
But what he lacks in lethality he makes up for in hustle and good game planning.

He's like a less goofy Forrest Griffin, he made it to the top but won't be there long I'm guessing.

You mean the style of MMA fighters using all of their MMA skill sets to win fights?

What kind of tard thread is this?

When Shavkat demolishes Belal will it be the new era of Shavkat style?

<36>

Did you just compare Belal and Cory Sandhagen???

Shocked GIF - Shocked Glass Break - Discover & Share GIFs

I'm waiting for another Belal evolution where he starts knocking foos out dead.

Canelo hands transform into Tyson hands.

Let's be honest, this is the GSP style.

The guy most people have in their top 3 greatest of all time rankings.

Gsp was ragged on for fighting like how Belal fights when he was in his reign.

Gsp was definitely better, but Belal is definitely a "great" fighter when it comes to that style.

People just don't get excited for it.

another fighter that comes to mind with similar style is Colby Covington.

Wrestlers and grapplers and guys that can do both have literally been in the UFC since UFC 1.

No matter how much Dana cries and wiggles, this is MMA not boxing. If he wants a stand up only fight he should go start a kickboxing or boxing org and fuck off.

It’s not that he doesn't like grapplers or wrestlers. He just doesn’t like fighters who stahl or don’t go for a finish or fight timid. You never hear Dana say anything negative about Khabib, Islam, Gamrot, Arman, among others cause they push the pace. He’s been critical of stand up fighters who do the same

Maybe I'm way off base, but why would anyone be surprised that MMA style prevails in an MMA promotion?

I mean, Belal is just doing MMA, right?

He should fight Colby, so he gets more $$ from the PPV sells. I don't suspect he will stay champ too long, so might as well make the best of it

Back