Is Khamzat a Legit Tough Guy ... or yet another Front-Runner?

I get what you’re saying, Sherbro. But I also feel that fighters value rankings too highly. Beating Kahmzat, ranking or not, elevates you in the MMA sphere. Am I wrong?

Well that's the problem. Say you're the top ranked guy close to a title shot and you obliterate an unranked Khamzat. People would just say well looks like he was never any good and if you lose, you lose your title hopes for the foreseeable future. It's a bad deal for the ranked fighter.

whatever happens, i think everyone agrees that the winner of this fight gets a title shot before what’s-his-name(?).
Pretty much morons and fanboys agree. Usman nor Khamzat deserve a 185 title shot. Flawed logic is flawed logic. Two unranked middleweights fighting for an eliminator... bruh.

Well that's the problem. Say you're the top ranked guy close to a title shot and you obliterate an unranked Khamzat. People would just say well looks like he was never any good and if you lose, you lose your title hopes for the foreseeable future. It's a bad deal for the ranked fighter.

Would people say that? I mean, I wouldn’t. I think he’s as legit as they come. A win over Kahmzat means something. Eye test matters. However, I understand not everyone shares my point of view.

Would people say that? I mean, I wouldn’t. I think he’s as legit as they come. A win over Kahmzat means something. Eye test matters. However, I understand not everyone shares my point of view.

Absolutely people would say that because he's largely untested. And now again to no fault of his own he's fighting a WW on 2 weeks notice coming off knee surgery so a win doesn't mean a whole lot. A big win over a full camp Costa would have done a lot for him. Again, it's not his fault but it is what it is.

Absolutely people would say that because he's largely untested. And now again to no fault of his own he's fighting a WW on 2 weeks notice coming off knee surgery so a win doesn't mean a whole lot. A big win over a full camp Costa would have done a lot for him. Again, it's not his fault but it is what it is.

I’m an eye test guy. So I rate him.

I also think a win over Usman does move the needle for him. Usman is one of the greatest WWs of all time. I would have favoured GSP over most MWs and while I wouldn’t go that far with Usman, I think that’s a win with value.

But I totally see your points and how others would disagree.

Khamzat = High risk/ low reward fight for many fighters because he's more dangerous than what his ranking shows.

If he beats a ranked fighter (let's say top 3), more people will want to fight him

He's a savage and he can rely on his physical gifts to stay gritty.
Does not have Champ mentality tho. (adaptation and craft like Volk vs Max in the rematch)

Pretty much morons and fanboys agree. Usman nor Khamzat deserve a 185 title shot. Flawed logic is flawed logic. Two unranked middleweights fighting for an eliminator... bruh.
settle down, glutton. i didn't say it should happen. i didn't say either of them deserve it. i am simply alluding to the fact that these are two well-known fighters whom many people want to watch, and the ufc will happily let them skip the line if it makes business sense, while some arguably more deserving fighters will get passed over because nobody remembers their names. that's all i'm saying, bro.

For a while, Khamzat was fighting as often as possible.

Lately, not much at all.

Usman may just be taking this fight "for a payday" ... but this is (literally) a Make-or-Break fight for both.

If Usman wins, for sure he's next in line for a title shot after Colby.
If Khamzat wins, for sure he's next in line for a title shot at Strickland, or Edwards (depending on the weight class he chooses).

However, if Usman loses, then he's no longer in the conversation — he becomes a turd looking to sink deeper and deeper into the punch bowl.

But what if Khamzat loses?

Theoretically, Khamzat still has time to work in rebuild himself. My question is, does he have the mettle to bounce back — or will Khamzat spiral downward (like Conor) becoming less-and-less dedicated, as an actual fighter, and more-and-more vocal as a "Twitter Lord" ???

If Khamzat loses I think he goes the way of the latter.
I don't think he'll be able to handle it.
Khamzat does not seem to be a dedicated professional, but more of a mouthy Front-Runner ...

Thoughts?
Khamza got planked by a lw and saved by corrupt judges.

settle down, glutton. i didn't say it should happen. i didn't say either of them deserve it. i am simply alluding to the fact that these are two well-known fighters whom many people want to watch, and the ufc will happily let them skip the line if it makes business sense, while some arguably more deserving fighters will get passed over because nobody remembers their names. that's all i'm saying, bro.

Getting planked by a lw and saved by corrupt judges when you weigh in at lhw, it don't warrant a title shot.

Kind of stupid to ask if he is a front runner considering he fought back as hard as it was given to him in the Burns fight,but hey,lets just pretend that fight didnt happen.

For a while, Khamzat was fighting as often as possible.

Lately, not much at all.

Usman may just be taking this fight "for a payday" ... but this is (literally) a Make-or-Break fight for both.

If Usman wins, for sure he's next in line for a title shot after Colby.
If Khamzat wins, for sure he's next in line for a title shot at Strickland, or Edwards (depending on the weight class he chooses).

However, if Usman loses, then he's no longer in the conversation — he becomes a turd looking to sink deeper and deeper into the punch bowl.

But what if Khamzat loses?

Theoretically, Khamzat still has time to work in rebuild himself. My question is, does he have the mettle to bounce back — or will Khamzat spiral downward (like Conor) becoming less-and-less dedicated, as an actual fighter, and more-and-more vocal as a "Twitter Lord" ???

If Khamzat loses I think he goes the way of the latter.
I don't think he'll be able to handle it.
Khamzat does not seem to be a dedicated professional, but more of a mouthy Front-Runner ...

Thoughts?
Everyone who steps in the cage is a “tough guy.” Even when they tap to strikes! Lol

Everyone who steps in the cage is a “tough guy.” Even when they tap to strikes! Lol
Right but some people dont react well to facing true adversity. Khamzat did fine. He may have dropped his discipline and brawled it out too much,but he definitley did not shy away from battle.

You'd think everyone would know this by now though.

Khamzat needs to stop fighting balls to the wall, it only gets you so far. He has the hype, now he needs to fight smarter.

Back