Is Khabib's Russian good?

He has a very strong accent, but he does ok.

It is easier for Portuguese people because you are used to watch Brazilian shows and listen to Brazilian music. In Brazil people dont watch or listen to Portuguese stuff.
Also br portuguese is slower and more explicit in the vowels.

It is not hard except for conjugations and declensions. If you learnt Latin in high school, it should be fine for you.
Lol Slavic and Romance languages are nothing alike though

His Russian is perfect and better then some of his brothers. The Chechen guy that trained Alexander emilianenko who explained his loss to Maga Ismail had very strong accent and poor Russian.

For example, using wrong genders. You englishers do not have genders while us Russians have genders. Many people from kqvkqz mix them up. Khabib has perfect Russian
Khabib is actually very educated academically. He was studying a degree of distant learning of economics last year .

By Arabic, he meant universal phrases such as jazakallah khairan, inshallah, Bismillah, certain expressions like Inna lillahi wa Inna ileihi rajiun,of course reading Quran in Arabic
Though Arabic used in Quran is of highest excellence comparing to spoken today. It's called fus-ha.

When an Arab speaking imam of sunnah giving an Islamic sermon it's so clean and fluent whereas when shisha smoking fasiq Arab sitting in filthy shisha place talking football or stupid nonsense not relating to best of manners or next life, it sounds rough and ugly.or Arab news especially secular lands like Lebanon, Syria,Iraq and pretty much all other so called Muslim lands(not w single one is ruled by Islam, not even Saudi Arabia)
Come on, perfect? Yeah, you can find Dagestani mma fighters with worse Russian than Khabib's but there is also people with better Russian. If you play video with Khabib talking to Russian speaker, I'm pretty sure this person will tell that 1) Khabib is from Caucasus and 2) good chance that Russian is not his first language.
For example Khadis Ibragimov, Ruslan Magomedov (and not sure but Gasan Umalatov maybe too) speaks better Russian and with less accent.

No they don't lol, Dargins and Lezgins the two majority ethnic groups after avar definitely don't speak avar. That's why Khabib always speaks Russian with Islam Makhachev and his lezgin/dargin crew instead of Russian

This. There are 100 vids of Khabib with his Dagestani crew and I have never heard Khabib speak Avar. I have even searched for vids of Khabib speaking Avar but found none. Closest I found were a few words here and there when he was in his village and speaking bro elders, etc.

No, his Russian doesn't sound like it's his first language. His grammar's fine as far I can tell, but an accent from another language by definition means it doesn't sound like his first language.

does his accent come from another language or is it just regional, plenty of people have regional accents althought it is their first language

He's a native Russian speaker with a regional accent due probably to overuse Avar in daily life as a first language.
The same happens in several countries like Italy and Spain where regional languages are still very diffused in families and communities.

The Russian way of pronouncing his surname is not how Khabib pronounces his name, it is very much an Avar pronunciation.

This. There are 100 vids of Khabib with his Dagestani crew and I have never heard Khabib speak Avar. I have even searched for vids of Khabib speaking Avar but found none. Closest I found were a few words here and there when he was in his village and speaking bro elders, etc.
Didn’t he speak Avar during the “russia 150million, Ireland 6million” post fight speech?

The Russian way of pronouncing his surname is not how Khabib pronounces his name, it is very much an Avar pronunciation.
Нурмухlамадов?

He speaks "arabic" as far as the old archaic Arabic all devout Muslims know because of the Quran, but its not used at all for everyday speech. So I wouldn't say he "speaks" it, mostly understands the Quran and can recite it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back