Is Khabib's Russian good?

He’s got a typical Dagestani accent, otherwise he’s fine

na he's not speaking turkish but he's a Galatasaray Fan.

images

his dad says he speaks fluent turkish. Went to a turkish school. I posted the video.

here's him meeting the pres seems like he's not using an interpreter

I had some Brazilian friends who would ask Portuguese people to speak to them in English. It was a little bit of a joke, but the accents and such were significantly different.
It's easier for us portuguese but I know my cousin had the same problem with some people when he was in Brazil.

Wikipedia says the different ethnic groups in Dagestan communicate with each other in Avar

That would track with the other poster who said Khabib learned Russian in 6th or 7th grade

Nah, different groups communicate with each other in Russian, it's natural lingua franca, since everyone learn Russian in school. For instance Khabib told in an interview that he learned Russian when he moved to Makhachkala where everyone spoke Russian. You can even hear it when Eagle MMA guys speak to each other. Avar language is not very developed, you can hear when they speak, they use a lot of Russian words for numbers, technical terms etc. Same with Chechens as well, when I hear Chechens speak, they have a kind of kreol where they throw in a lot of Russian words, for instance numbers.

It's not his first language, but he speaks it fluently. He has a caucasus accent when he speaks.
hows the dagestani accent sound like if you could explain into words?

does it sound country? Idk if I'm asking properly.

@Peli I saw two videos of him where he spoke turkish and in both of them he said literally only; "how are you? my name is khabib" in a totally random way without any sense and some wrongs. I don't think he speaks turkish. Don't know why his father said that.

hows the dagestani accent sound like if you could explain into words?

does it sound country? Idk if I'm asking properly.

Hard to explain in words :). it sounds like caucasus accent :D.

He has a noticeable accent. Not too thick though; he's easy to understand.

Last edited:
@Peli I saw two videos of him where he spoke turkish and in both of them he said literally only; "how are you? my name is khabib" in a totally random way without any sense and some wrongs. I don't think he speaks turkish. Don't know why his father said that.

Because he went to a turkish school I'm guessing. I think his most fluent languages is english, russian and avar. Maybe he just knew turkish just enough to learn in school but tossed it after that grade.

It's easier for us portuguese but I know my cousin had the same problem with some people when he was in Brazil.

It is easier for Portuguese people because you are used to watch Brazilian shows and listen to Brazilian music. In Brazil people dont watch or listen to Portuguese stuff.

It is easier for Portuguese people because you are used to watch Brazilian shows and listen to Brazilian music. In Brazil people dont watch or listen to Portuguese stuff.
Maybe this too but if you look it's not only with brazilians. It's easier for portuguese to understand spanish or italian. Italians and even spanish will have more difficulties to understand us. There are a lot of different factors to explain this.

Wikipedia says the different ethnic groups in Dagestan communicate with each other in Avar

That would track with the other poster who said Khabib learned Russian in 6th or 7th grade
No they don't lol, Dargins and Lezgins the two majority ethnic groups after avar definitely don't speak avar. That's why Khabib always speaks Russian with Islam Makhachev and his lezgin/dargin crew instead of Russian

His Russian is perfect and better then some of his brothers. The Chechen guy that trained Alexander emilianenko who explained his loss to Maga Ismail had very strong accent and poor Russian.

For example, using wrong genders. You englishers do not have genders while us Russians have genders. Many people from kqvkqz mix them up. Khabib has perfect Russian
Khabib is actually very educated academically. He was studying a degree of distant learning of economics last year .

By Arabic, he meant universal phrases such as jazakallah khairan, inshallah, Bismillah, certain expressions like Inna lillahi wa Inna ileihi rajiun,of course reading Quran in Arabic
Though Arabic used in Quran is of highest excellence comparing to spoken today. It's called fus-ha.

When an Arab speaking imam of sunnah giving an Islamic sermon it's so clean and fluent whereas when shisha smoking fasiq Arab sitting in filthy shisha place talking football or stupid nonsense not relating to best of manners or next life, it sounds rough and ugly.or Arab news especially secular lands like Lebanon, Syria,Iraq and pretty much all other so called Muslim lands(not w single one is ruled by Islam, not even Saudi Arabia)

His Russian is perfect and better then some of his brothers. The Chechen guy that trained Alexander emilianenko who explained his loss to Maga Ismail had very strong accent and poor Russian.

For example, using wrong genders. You englishers do not have genders while us Russians have genders. Many people from kqvkqz mix them up. Khabib has perfect Russian
Khabib is actually very educated academically. He was studying a degree of distant learning of economics last year .

By Arabic, he meant universal phrases such as jazakallah khairan, inshallah, Bismillah, certain expressions like Inna lillahi wa Inna ileihi rajiun,of course reading Quran in Arabic
Though Arabic used in Quran is of highest excellence comparing to spoken today. It's called fus-ha.

When an Arab speaking imam of sunnah giving an Islamic sermon it's so clean and fluent whereas when shisha smoking fasiq Arab sitting in filthy shisha place talking football or stupid nonsense not relating to best of manners or next life, it sounds rough and ugly.or Arab news especially secular lands like Lebanon, Syria,Iraq and pretty much all other so called Muslim lands(not w single one is ruled by Islam, not even Saudi Arabia)
That's sound like something a muslim would say, similar to Christians who talk about the english used in the King James Version of the bible to be the most prettiest.

Both are written/transcribed by poets of their, so that's probably why

That's sound like something a muslim would say, similar to Christians who talk about the english used in the King James Version of the bible to be the most prettiest.

Both are written/transcribed by poets of their, so that's probably why

Well, good thing the angel Gabriel only spoke Arabic.

Yes it is. Barely any accent at all. Arabic I don't know.

Back