Is it OK to bring kids to gay pride events?

Americans are so strange.
They think it is the end of the world when their kids see a naked dude on the street.
So what a bunch of guys are kissing and run around naked. I certainly would prefer my children get in contact with that early while I can explain to them what is happening.

I would have a much bigger problem exposing my children to religion than to the gay community.
It really depends on the nature of the parade.

I can say that some events in SF are just not suitable for a young child.

It's not really about nakedness. It's the, uh, ahem, public fornication and the like.

It's not really about nakedness. It's the, uh, ahem, public fornication and the like.
Edit: and one reason for this is because kids mimic what they see. As a parent you really just don't want kids mimicing a lot of what can go on at these events.

It is up to individuals. Unless anyone in here is advocating for a legislative ban on bringing kids to these events?
Of course not, I say just ban the degeneracy outright just to be safe.
Who are you to say what is mental illness or not? It's all in DSM-V.
Pretty sure the DSM still has gender dysphoria as a mental illness.
You want to wait until a kid is 12 or 13 to explain sexuality?
That seems like a recipe for disaster to me.
When kids go through puberty is when they start to develop the faculties for rational thinking. So actually waiting until they can discuss and comprehend more complex subjects seems perfectly rational
Is that the scene after Hagrid ejaculated into his mouth?
{<jordan}

Damn, lotta gay hate in this thread s:

I couldn’t say as to whether or not I’d take a child to a pride event. I’m not really familiar with them, aside from photos I see online. Would prolly go to one first to scope it out, before deciding whether or not it’s appropriate for children. Area might play a factor in it as well. My cousin went to a pride event and it seemed to be very tame from what she told me/pics she shared. But I’ve seen photos from other places, where it’s a bit more . . . Interesting. lol.

Yeah, really, nakedness isn't the problem, it's the sexuality on display between adults. This goof snakey thinks I should be teaching my 6yr old about it...

Yeah, really, nakedness isn't the problem, it's the sexuality on display between adults. This goof snakey thinks I should be teaching my 6yr old about it...
We agree!

It's not about gay pride. I wouldnt take my kid to the Folsom St Fair either.

They don't need to be seeing sexually explicit acts at this age. That's the issue.

Of course not, I say just ban the degeneracy outright just to be safe.

My automatic reaction to this was to say oh hell no.

Then the whole public spectacle nature of pride parades put the brakes on that.

I'm fine with PDA as I can look away. I'm cool with people doing *whatever in the confines of their own homes, or in private settings. I've never been to Mardi Gras but think I'd love it. I've done things that would be frowned on by society at large.

All that aside, and with having only a surface familiarity with pride parades, I think it's too much in a public setting. To me it seems like a display of sexuality that intrudes on the day to day lives of the general public and the point has been made, and largely accepted, so what's the point? I'm no fan of attention whore behavior after all.

Last edited:
does this actually happen at most pride events, or just a select cherrypicked few?

of the people who are opposed to this....do you let kids watch people being shot on tv?

So violence on TV is equivalent to a naked 60yo mans wang in your face, how exactly?

So violence on TV is equivalent to a naked 60yo mans wang in your face, how exactly?

ive just always thought it odd that many people in our culture will scream if a kid sees a human body part, but will have no problems allowing them to watch ultra violent things on tv and games.

ive just always thought it odd that many people in our culture will scream if a kid sees a human body part, but will have no problems allowing them to watch ultra violent things on tv and games.

Well, call me crazy, but they seem to be two entirely different subjects, I'm not seeing how violence on tv is related to in-person homosexual debauchery.

Yes it is great parenting to take a kid to an event where they will be eye level with a strangers cock. It’s 2018 sweetie.

Well, call me crazy, but they seem to be two entirely different subjects, I'm not seeing how violence on tv is related to in-person homosexual debauchery.

i just see it as hypocrisy. outrage over seeing a dick, while many of the outraged would let their small kids play grand theft auto.

i just see it as hypocrisy. outrage over seeing a dick, while many of the outraged would let their small kids play grand theft auto.

What makes you so sure that the people who wouldn't take their small children to a pride event, would allow them to play GTA? Seems like kind of an... complete and utter assumption on your part.

Again, can you explain to me how graphic, in-person nudity and debauchery is similar or somehow equivalent to television/video game/movie violence?

What makes you so sure that the people who wouldn't take their small children to a pride event, would allow them to play GTA? Seems like kind of an... complete and utter assumption on your part.

because most people in general allow that from their kids.

Again, can you explain to me how graphic, in-person nudity and debauchery is similar or somehow equivalent to television/video game/movie violence?

i never attempted to claim that they were similar. i just find it funny that people in our culture believe sex and body parts (natural stuff) are the most awful things a kid could see, but many have no problems with graphic violence being shown.

because most people in general allow that from their kids.

i never attempted to claim that they were similar. i just find it funny that people in our culture believe sex and body parts (natural stuff) are the most awful things a kid could see, but many have no problems with graphic violence being shown.

Most people?

Really?

I'll gladly disagree with you and say that most people do not let their young kids play hyper violent games, or watch overly violent tv/movies.

As many people in this thread have noted, it's not so much nudity as it is rainbow clad overt graphic sexual behavior that is common at these events, which is not just "natural stuff".

Call me crazy, I'd say that there is nothing good about kids seeing random adults covered in rainbows prancing around naked in public. Unlike some I am completely comfortable in saying that it is wrong for kids to see such things.

I'll add that young children should not observe graphic violence on tv either.

And you still haven't connected tv violence and gay pride debauchery. Please expound on your "hypocrasy" comment.

Most people?

Really?

I'll gladly disagree with you and say that most people do not let their young kids play hyper violent games, or watch overly violent tv/movies.

they sure sell a lot of those things for kids to not be playing them.

As many people in this thread have noted, it's not so much nudity as it is rainbow clad overt graphic sexual behavior that is common at these events, which is not just "natural stuff".

sex and body parts are natural.

Call me crazy, I'd say that there is nothing good about kids seeing random adults covered in rainbows prancing around naked in public. Unlike some I am completely comfortable in saying that it is wrong for kids to see such things.

ok

maybe it isnt.

I'll add that young children should not observe graphic violence on tv either.

And you still haven't connected tv violence and gay pride debauchery. Please expound on your "hypocrasy" comment.

i didnt attempt to connect them. ive mentioned this 3 times now. dont misquote me either dude lol.

they sure sell a lot of those things for kids to not be playing them.

sex and body parts are natural.

ok

maybe it isnt.

i didnt attempt to connect them. ive mentioned this 3 times now. dont misquote me either dude lol.

Explain how it's hypocritical for a kid who plays GTA to be kept home from the debauchery of a gay pride event.

Explain how it's hypocritical for a kid who plays GTA to be kept home from the debauchery of a gay pride event.

because hes probably raping hookers and shooting people on the video game. unquestionably "unnatural" behaviors.

at the pride event, he might see a dick (probably not, but maybe). he probably has one too.

Back