Is it fair to say Alex Pereira is the best striker in MMA history?

Not even close. I'd even throw in names like Machida and Wonderboy as being better strikers than Pereira

Perhaps his resume still needs some work to catch the likes of Silva etc.

However it's hard to say there's a better p4p striker than him in MMA history. Has the credentials, the technique, the power, and the belts.

1. Pereira
2. A. Silva
3. Dillashaw
4. Ngannou
5. Volkanovski
alistair, semmy schilt, wonderboy and cro-cop deserve a mention over some of those on your list. definetely would esteem them higher than volk, tj and ngannou

If I don't count his kickboxing career, is say he's the best currently, but I have a hard time putting him above guys like Anderson and CroCop on an all-time list though.

It's close, but I'd need to see 1 or 2 more impressive striking clinics

However it's hard to say there's a better p4p striker than him in MMA history. Has the credentials, the technique, the power, and the belts.

1. Pereira
2. A. Silva
3. Dillashaw
4. Ngannou
5. Volkanovski
Ngannou is a less technical Rumble Johnson

Last edited:
Anyone can be a good striker with tactics like these

437947249_452404743907880_3849425805426360986_n.jpg

I think so yeah. We look at previous kickboxers from glory/ k1 that came over but never sniffed a title shot, let alone multiple division ones.
Multi division glory champ, multi division ufc champ. Probably could win one at HW too. Remember, op said best STRIKER too. We could say hes had a favorable path to titles but striking wise.. hard to compete with em.

Alistair Overeem might be it when looking at credentials. K1 champ and has wins over Aerts, Hari and a bunch of others.
Reem was winning in K-1 due to outsizing everyone he fought. Skill wise he was one of the weaker ones of his generation

1. Pereira
2. A. Silva
3. Dillashaw
4. Ngannou
5. Volkanovski
Its like this, ....think about it...its not any different ...but really think about it..its story time though from me...Im sleepy...skip or read..ty..

Ok, you have your son, and you get your Starbucks coffee...then you see next to this dam commercial coffee Starbucks building... another dam commercial building thing...and its called karate..your son thinks he will be a fighter by going there...so you send him there because you yourself can not distinguish things...its like...hey ..I got my karate gee..im a fighter...but ok lets get back To reality...you know like real thing from the street, don't come from well respected areas....Like A .real thug?? if you ever met one...you would say well that was real....I think the whole commercial MMA thing in the UFC...is getting a wake up call, from someone like Alex.. that a Glory Boxer is...who strikes way better than all the MMA fighters...is getting his respect...cause he is the best striker...MMA and commercial gyms, have no real striking...its one thing to look in the mirror and throw punches..and look good..but another thing, is actually have a history vs real strikers..at the top .....its different...so, I think were just really realizing how dumb MMA striking is to top elite striking...we have had our good MMA fighters...but it usually came with wresting...CHuck was great at his time, because he used his wrestling to bring it back to the feet because he wanted to KO you...ALex, is a better striker....I think the game is getting its fair due...they are dealing how unmatched the striking game is outside of MMA...looks like the Kick Boxers transition better to MMA...well in Alex case at least...ALex is so far ahead that only Izzy made it worthy...but he was from Glory too....IDK...I just think, top tier strikers from Glory have an advantage over commercial MMA fighters.

Maybe the greatest weight cutters of all time. Considering his height / size it's crazy to think Alex was able to make middle weight.

I'd say he's one of the best conventional offensive strikers we have ever seen in MMA. But I don't necessarily think he has a better kicking game than prime Crocop, better knees than overeem. Better overhand right than Overeem. Alistar had a really good counter right hook too! Alex is not crafty on the back foot like Israel or Anderson Silva... I think you get my point.

I guess it's all subjective. Personally I like prime Anderson Silvas style. It was a mashup of craftiness both offensively and defensively

Francis Ngannou literally almost knocked out Tyson Fury. If we're talking decorated... it's him.

Back