Is Holloway arguably the #2 all time greatest FW?

Out of curiosity, what other two LWs do you think fought better at FW than McGregor? I'm guessing Edgar and ...

Well I find Edgar and Penn to be better all time LW's. Not saying Conor can't change that though, I suspect he might but it's pretty early. So the other would be BJ. I was being a bit confusing since I found the post funny. It's a given McGregor fought way better at FW than BJ's try at it, but I have Penn being the better all time LW.

Faber is probably the #2 FW, he had five WEC title defenses.

Conor is probably third, then Max at forth.

Aldo's win streak includes
Noguira
Swanson
Brown
Faber
Gamburyan
Hominick
Florian
Mendes x2
Edgar
KZ
Lamas

But sure Halloway 10 fight win streak against mostly sub par comp makes him better.

He's had the tougher road to the title than Mcgregor

Well I find Edgar and Penn to be better all time LW's. Not saying Conor can't change that though, I suspect he might but it's pretty early. So the other would be BJ. I was being a bit confusing since I found the post funny. It's a given McGregor fought way better at FW than BJ's try at it, but I have Penn being the better all time LW.
Penns pretty old, has been beaten from pillar to post because he decided to consistently fight above 155 despite realistically being a natural featherweight. If he had ever been fighting at 145 during his late 20s the comparison would be fair.

You guys realize that Faber had the FW belt and defended it like 5 times right?

Penns pretty old, has been beaten from pillar to post because he decided to consistently fight above 155 despite realistically being a natural featherweight. If he had ever been fighting at 145 during his late 20s the comparison would be fair.

I disagree with Penn being a natural FW but I respect your opinion.

Unbeaten for ten years and destroyed a slew of top contenders? Yeah, he'd still be number 1. 'All time' is based off of accomplishment not current abilities. If that were the case, Tyron would be the best WW of all time, not GSP, and Hughes wouldn't be 2nd. Bisping the greatest middleweight, not Anderson, etc. etc. and on and on.
I'm not saying current abilities come into it

TS is saying Max would be #2 ALL-TIME (with a win over Aldo) and Conor is #3 ALL-TIME.

Head-to-head matters, you can't be #1 if you're 0-2 vs the two people who are supposed to be below you.

This is all hypothetical and based off of Max beating Aldo...Which I highly doubt will happen.

I disagree with Penn being a natural FW but I respect your opinion.
Penn was chubby as fuck when he was weighing 168 for WW fights. He wasn't exactly ripped when he made 155, I'm sure a young penn would make 145 no harder than Mendes or Aldo.

So Aldo would still be #1 despite taking L's to both #2 & #3?

<{MindBrown}><{MindBrown}><{MindBrown}><{MindBrown}>

post-39839-Wooderson-THIS-gif-Imgur-Matth-fA9n.gif

I think everyone can agree that...

If Holloway beats Aldo then absolutely yes.
If Holloway loses to Aldo then absolutely no.

Yeah, he's #2.

He needs McGregor to return to take Conor's #1 spot.

And if he were to lose to Aldo then Jose would take his #2 spot.

1) Aldo
2) Conor
3) Max if he beats Aldo.

I think Edgar and Mendes are probably ahead of Max at the moment. No one is taking the crown from Aldo as FW GOAT until they defend the belt like 10 times. Idc if both Conor and Max beat him. GOAT is about domination of a division as champ and no one comes close to Aldo at this point.

Penn was chubby as fuck when he was weighing 168 for WW fights. He wasn't exactly ripped when he made 155, I'm sure a young penn would make 145 no harder than Mendes or Aldo.
He was getting up there when he dropped to 145 that's true, I just don't see his frame being built for that weight. Maybe a very young BJ but I don't think it would last. Kind of how some people think Fedor could've been a MW and I just don't see it. Sure, he maybe able to get down to a 185, but he'd lose muscle with it and a lot of his advantages would be lost. BJ looked awful imo at FW and I don't think it was just because of Frankie. He looked very weird down there.

IMO
#1 Conor for obvious reasons, he is undefeated at FW
#2 Aldo, only defeat against Conor
#3 Edgar, only defeat against Aldo
#4 Mendes, defeat against Conor, Aldo twice and Edgar
#5 Max, only defeat against Conor, did not face top FW guys yet

Most would say Conor....let's compare.

Max (10 fight win streak, interim champ)

Top 5 wins:

Cub
Lamas

Top 10 wins:

Oliveira
Stephens
Pettis

Other notable wins:

Cole Miller
Corassani
Collard
Fili
Chope
Leonard Garcia
Justin Lawrence

Conor

Top 5 wins:

Aldo
Mendes
Poirier

Other notable wins:

Siver
Brandao
Holloway
Brimage

Of course if Max beats Aldo he's definitely #2...

Let's compare.

Conor dominated him for 15 minutes with a bum knee.

There's your answer dweeb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back