Is Holloway arguably the #2 all time greatest FW?

IMO
#1 Conor for obvious reasons, he is undefeated at FW
#2 Aldo, only defeat against Conor
#3 Edgar, only defeat against Aldo
#4 Mendes, defeat against Conor, Aldo twice and Edgar
#5 Max, only defeat against Conor, did not face top FW guys yet

Very, very good list

Not even top 10, learn ur history

1. Aldo
2. Faber
3. MTB
4. Pequeno
5. Conor
6. Chad
7. Patricio
8. Pat Curran
9. Hioki
10. Frankie

hes prolly next but ya still got Imanari, Jeff Curran, Cub and Lamas (even tho he beat down the last two they have a longer body of work and put more in @ 145.

I still have Faber as #2 FW. He was king of the manlets until Aldo showed up (I know he lost to Brown twice, but it was Aldo who made being champ at 145 ever again a pipe dream). Holloway's resume stacks up well against anyone at FW besides Aldo, though.

Last edited:
God dammit TS you did an absolute shit Job of arguing for conor... so in other words who are you with the excellent troll job?

No. Aldo held the belt for nearly a decade. There's no way Max has accomplished more. However if he beats Aldo he would move up quite a bit, but he would still need some defenses.

Penns pretty old, has been beaten from pillar to post because he decided to consistently fight above 155 despite realistically being a natural featherweight. If he had ever been fighting at 145 during his late 20s the comparison would be fair.
I believe there was a time when BJ was fighting and the UFC didn't even have a LW fivision. Am I not remembering things right???

IMO
#1 Conor for obvious reasons, he is undefeated at FW
yet

Conor is not undefeated at FW.

Proof:

giphy.gif

"After McGregor won his second fight against Mo Taylor, he made his featherweight debut in a loss via submission against Artemij Sitenkov." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor

Last edited:
So many noobs...

#1. Aldo

#2. Faber

... The rest

The noobery levels are high as shit in this thread.
All time
Aldo
Faber
Connie
Edgar
Holloway

If Holloway beats Aldo then he's one of the FW all time greats.

If he murks Aldo then he's a P4P champ.

If he beats McGregor than he's one of the GOATs.

If he murks McGregor then Sherdog loses it's mind lol

Unbeaten for ten years and destroyed a slew of top contenders? Yeah, he'd still be number 1. 'All time' is based off of accomplishment not current abilities. If that were the case, Tyron would be the best WW of all time, not GSP, and Hughes wouldn't be 2nd. Bisping the greatest middleweight, not Anderson, etc. etc. and on and on.
Some people don't look past current accomplishments...which is sad.

I disagree with Penn being a natural FW but I respect your opinion.

When BJ first started fighting he didn't cut weight at all, he just didn't eat on the day of the weigh in.

BJ could have easily made 145 had he chose to do so.

Its pretty much impossible to be as high as 2nd on an all-time list having never won a belt.

In only one UFC division is it even possible...

FLW...Because there's been only one champion.

Chad has better resume than max, much better if you understand he fought conor on short notice and still was doing well and had a really fast come back fight against an extremely touch opponent in edgar while his jar was still cracked. Other than those 2 unnatural losses chad has almost 20 wins with a loss to only 1 man.

Back