Is Holloway arguably the #2 all time greatest FW?

How do you guys forget about Faber and Kid?

Oh how people forget about guys like Faber and Brown.

When BJ first started fighting he didn't cut weight at all, he just didn't eat on the day of the weigh in.

BJ could have easily made 145 had he chose to do so.

So if he didn't cut weight, then he was a natural LW...

Chad has better resume than max, much better if you understand he fought conor on short notice and still was doing well and had a really fast come back fight against an extremely touch opponent in edgar while his jar was still cracked. Other than those 2 unnatural losses chad has almost 20 wins with a loss to only 1 man.

Did you just try to diminish Edgar's win over Chad? That win was Edgar's—conor gets no credit for that. With your line of logic you could consistently misplace the credit of victory all the way back to chad's first opponent that even touched his chin, because he started all that damage on Chad's body.

I'll just say Max > Chad all time... Better value in the majority of his wins plus Chad's a cheater with worse losses. & I don't even like Max.

Aldo & Faber are 1 & 2. Max has potential though.

What about Edgar you chumps..

Geez
He's up there but max has done a lot more and looked more impressive .... Edgar had 2 shots at the belt and wasn't able to capture it. I know max won the interim but it still counts.
Should be a crazy good fight between the 2 in Brooklyn

Aldo's win streak includes
Noguira
Swanson
Brown
Faber
Gamburyan
Hominick
Florian
Mendes x2
Edgar
KZ
Lamas

But sure Halloway 10 fight win streak against mostly sub par comp makes him better.

This all day, Max has improved tons and is riding a nice long win streak but it also contains: Will Chope,Andre Fili,Clay Collard, Corassani, Cole Miller <-- all C tier or below fighters at best. His last 5 opponents have been good though and the Pettis win was a good name. So he has a win over a former LW champ and 1 former challenger in Lamas.

However Aldo went on a 18 win streak with 9 defences, the quality of opponents in those last 9 fights eclipses Holloways resume.

He's up there but max has done a lot more and looked more impressive .... Edgar had 2 shots at the belt and wasn't able to capture it. I know max won the interim but it still counts.
Should be a crazy good fight between the 2 in Brooklyn

Indeed but those shots were against the FW GOAT and also his worst stylistic match up really. He may have less wins at FW than Max but his quality is easy on par with Max's top wins:

Mendes/Faber/Swanson/Penn etc.

I'd also back Edgar to beat Max.

Funny, he doesn't have a single elite win, him beating Oliveira wasn't a win either, Oliveira literally had a freak injury in the first minute.

I wanna see him beat Chad, Conor, Frank or Ho-zay before I even put him in the discussion.

No. Aldo held the belt for nearly a decade. There's no way Max has accomplished more. However if he beats Aldo he would move up quite a bit, but he would still need some defenses.

Do you know how long a decade is?

Urijah can't be dismissed. Dude was a stud in the WEC. Mike Thomas Brown too

Most would say Conor....let's compare.

Max (10 fight win streak, interim champ)

Top 5 wins:

Cub
Lamas

Top 10 wins:

Oliveira
Stephens
Pettis

Other notable wins:

Cole Miller
Corassani
Collard
Fili
Chope
Leonard Garcia
Justin Lawrence

Conor

Top 5 wins:

Aldo
Mendes
Poirier

Other notable wins:

Siver
Brandao
Holloway
Brimage

Of course if Max beats Aldo he's definitely #2...
yea when you wrtie it out like that he definitely has the better career at 145 so far then conor. Even putting poirier as a top 5 win for conor is questionable. and then no camp mendes being is other big win. hard to argue when its written out infront of your face

Most would say Conor....let's compare.

Max (10 fight win streak, interim champ)

Top 5 wins:

Cub
Lamas

Top 10 wins:

Oliveira
Stephens
Pettis

Other notable wins:

Cole Miller
Corassani
Collard
Fili
Chope
Leonard Garcia
Justin Lawrence

Conor

Top 5 wins:

Aldo
Mendes
Poirier

Other notable wins:

Siver
Brandao
Holloway
Brimage

Of course if Max beats Aldo he's definitely #2...
Lol I thought this was a serious thread for a second

You can't put him above McGregor when he lost to McGregor,and McGregor also beat #1. It's not really arguable. If he beats Aldo by stoppage, then....maybe it's arguable
he has a way better win streak at FW then conor tho, One fight doesnt dictate all time greatness in a weight class. Conor could very well come out as the number 1 fw of all time. Problem is he doesnt fight there anymore, and when he did he got some favorable match ups and short notice wins. Without the aldo win conor wouldnt even be mention in the top 10 greatest FWs of all time.

I thought aldo is no2.

Max cant be #1 just yet....ohhh you mean Conor is #1? No, he is the former champ but his sole big win is Aldo, but he is not an all time great if they just fought once and he ran from the division without racking up top wins imo, he did beat Holloway, but that was 10 fights ago Holloway, its like saying Joe Duffy is an all time great because he beat Conor ages ago, or Nate.....

IMO
#1 Conor for obvious reasons, he is undefeated at FW
#2 Aldo, only defeat against Conor
#3 Edgar, only defeat against Aldo
#4 Mendes, defeat against Conor, Aldo twice and Edgar
#5 Max, only defeat against Conor, did not face top FW guys yet
this is your all time greatest fw list?? i feel like theres so much of FW that you missed with a list like this. Also conor no where near has accomplished what aldo has at FW

Would put him at third behind McGregor and Aldo, tied with Faber or maybe just ahead of him. Hard to gauge Faber's career at featherweight when it was a different era and outside of the UFC.

Why do so many people thing that All Time = Right Now? If you want a serious discussion you have to at least include Faber and Edgar

Back