Is Holloway arguably the #2 all time greatest FW?

So Aldo would still be #1 despite taking L's to both #2 & #3?

<{MindBrown}><{MindBrown}><{MindBrown}><{MindBrown}>

All time rankings, not current. How would 2 losses erase a decade of dominance? You want to talk about 10 wins in a row, how about 18, with 10 of those being against champions, former champions, and top contenders?

Not even top 10, learn ur history

1. Aldo
2. Faber
3. MTB
4. Pequeno
5. Conor
6. Chad
7. Patricio
8. Pat Curran
9. Hioki
10. Frankie

hes prolly next but ya still got Imanari, Jeff Curran, Cub and Lamas (even tho he beat down the last two they have a longer body of work and put more in @ 145.

How is Frankie ranked above Holloway all time at FW when Holloway has more wins in his current streak than Edgar even has fights in the division?

No way is Frankie top 10 all time at featherweight with a record of 6-2

no... without a doubt 1 nd 2 are mcgregor and aldo.

How is Frankie ranked above Holloway all time at FW when Holloway has more wins in his current streak than Edgar even has fights in the division?

No way is Frankie top 10 all time at featherweight with a record of 6-2

Frankie has been top 3-5 in the division for 3 and a half years so far. Max only hecently has been on that level this past year. Max has more wins but among ranked guys

Max:

Cub (fringe top 5)
Lamas (top 5)
Pettis (fringe top 5)
Jeremy (top 10)
Aloe Vera (top 10)

Frankie:

Chad (top 3)
Cub (top 3)
Faber (top 3 BW and #2 FW GOAT)
Jeremy (top 10)
Aloe Vera (top 10)

Max hasnt beat any FW as good as Chad nor as any close to as accomplished as Faber, those 2 wins > Lamas and Pettis (specially considering how weight drained Anthony is @ 145 and how he struggled against Charles after the 1st). Then u factor in losses, Max has been finished and lost multiple times @ FW. He shouldve lost the decision to Leonard Garcia as well. Frankie only lost to the FW GOAT and the 1st fight was close and very competitive.

Cub was higher ranked when Frankie streamrolled him and was on a big stureak. Aloe Vera and Jeremy wins are washes.

All time rankings, not current. How would 2 losses erase a decade of dominance? You want to talk about 10 wins in a row, how about 18, with 10 of those being against champions, former champions, and top contenders?
That #2 and #3 isn't current, TS said they were #2 and #3 ALL-TIME

Head-to-head matters.

That #2 and #3 isn't current, TS said they were #2 and #3 ALL-TIME

Head-to-head matters.

Heady to head does matter, but it doesn't erase a career worth of accomplishments. 18 fight win streak, 10 of which over top contenders and or champions is better than any single fight every time.

1. Aldo
2. McGregor
3. Faber = Holloway
4. Brown
5. Edgar

If Max beats Aldo;

1.Aldo
2.Holloway
3.McGregor
4.Faber
5.Brown

Frankie has been top 3-5 in the division for 3 and a half years so far. Max only hecently has been on that level this past year. Max has more wins but among ranked guys

Max:

Cub (fringe top 5)
Lamas (top 5)
Pettis (fringe top 5)
Jeremy (top 10)
Aloe Vera (top 10)

Frankie:

Chad (top 3)
Cub (top 3)
Faber (top 3 BW and #2 FW GOAT)
Jeremy (top 10)
Aloe Vera (top 10)

Max hasnt beat any FW as good as Chad nor as any close to as accomplished as Faber, those 2 wins > Lamas and Pettis (specially considering how weight drained Anthony is @ 145 and how he struggled against Charles after the 1st). Then u factor in losses, Max has been finished and lost multiple times @ FW. He shouldve lost the decision to Leonard Garcia as well. Frankie only lost to the FW GOAT and the 1st fight was close and very competitive.

Cub was higher ranked when Frankie streamrolled him and was on a big stureak. Aloe Vera and Jeremy wins are washes.

Frankie was not ranked top 3 3.5 years ago. He wasn't ranked 3rd until he fought Cub Swanson. So it's more like 2 years, and 5 fights.

If we're talking about losses and struggling, Frankie struggled with Oliveira, and Stephens. Whereas Holloway handled them both with relative ease. There is simply no justifying ranking Frankie in the all time top 10 of a division he's only fought in 8 times. Especially since that division is about a decade old now.

Frankie was not ranked top 3 3.5 years ago. He wasn't ranked 3rd until he fought Cub Swanson. So it's more like 2 years, and 5 fights.

If we're talking about losses and struggling, Frankie struggled with Oliveira, and Stephens. Whereas Holloway handled them both with relative ease. There is simply no justifying ranking Frankie in the all time top 10 of a division he's only fought in 8 times. Especially since that division is about a decade old now.

I said top 3-5 and he was comfortably #5 after beating Charles (and completely destroyed 2 guys ahead of him later on)

Outside one kick/KD he didn't struggle much with Jeremy. Max didn't exactly look dominant against Jeremy either. Yeah Frankie did struggle with Charles but he nearly KOd him and still won 3-0. He got injured early against Max

He shutout Faber 5-0 (Aldo is the only other guy to do that to him @ 145), completely demolished Cub multiple 10-8s before finishing, KOd Chad Mendes in the 1st which is still better than any win Max has

Max has struggled with Bermudez (arguably won tho), got finished by Dustin, dominated by Conor on the guround. Frankie has only lose to the FW GOAT and the 1st fight was close and very competitive

Max if he wins his next fight will easily pass Frankie and some others but so far he doesn't quite have Frankie but it's close. Chad and Faber wins Def give Frankie a slight edge, along with not losing to fighters in the level of Dennis, struggling and arguably losing to Leonard Garcia of all ppl who was losing to clearly losing to everyone else he was fighting in that time frame, finished by Dustin etc.

Frankie's best 5 wins > Max's , only irrelevant guy Frankie beat was BJ.

Cole Miller, Corassani and Fili are decent wins but not even close to top guys when Max beat them. No one else he beat outside the 5 I named in last post is worth mentioning

Chad, Faber, Cub, Jeremy, Charles > Lamas, Pettis, Cub, Jeremy, Charles

I said top 3-5 and he was comfortably #5 after beating Charles (and completely destroyed 2 guys ahead of him later on)

Outside one kick/KD he didn't struggle much with Jeremy. Max didn't exactly look dominant against Jeremy either. Yeah Frankie did struggle with Charles but he nearly KOd him and still won 3-0. He got injured early against Max

He shutout Faber 5-0 (Aldo is the only other guy to do that to him @ 145), completely demolished Cub multiple 10-8s before finishing, KOd Chad Mendes in the 1st which is still better than any win Max has

Max has struggled with Bermudez (arguably won tho), got finished by Dustin, dominated by Conor on the guround. Frankie has only lose to the FW GOAT and the 1st fight was close and very competitive

Max if he wins his next fight will easily pass Frankie and some others but so far he doesn't quite have Frankie but it's close. Chad and Faber wins Def give Frankie a slight edge, along with not losing to fighters in the level of Dennis, struggling and arguably losing to Leonard Garcia of all ppl who was losing to clearly losing to everyone else he was fighting in that time frame, finished by Dustin etc.

Frankie's best 5 wins > Max's , only irrelevant guy Frankie beat was BJ.

Cole Miller, Corassani and Fili are decent wins but not even close to top guys when Max beat them. No one else he beat outside the 5 I named in last post is worth mentioning

Chad, Faber, Cub, Jeremy, Charles > Lamas, Pettis, Cub, Jeremy, Charles

It's hard to really judge whether beating Faber has an impact on Frankie's all time standing in the division. Faber hadn't competed at 145lbs in half a decade, and Frankie was only in the division for two years at the time. I'm not denying it's a great feather to have in his cap for his overall legacy, I just don't know that I would say it does much for his all time standing at featherweight.

Also, I don't think you can fairly compare Frankie's 5 best wins at featherweight against most other featherweights, because his 5 best wins are virtually all his wins at featherweight. Comparing 5 of his 6 wins against 5 of Holloway's 13 in the UFC.

How many wins does he have?
Streak?
How long has he defended his belt?

Just because its "cool" on sherdog to talk shit about MM, doesnt mean his record just disappears.

What the fuck does any of that have to do with featherweight?

Max has done more, but Edgar finished two guys in the top 3:

Edgar-vs.-Swanson-Prediction.png

Frankie_Edgar_vs_Chad_Mendes.jpg

Where as max's best win is over the fifth ranked fighter.

Edgar was also the first man to ever beat the second best FW of all time, faber, in a non title fight; and Edgar holds wins over Do bronx and stephens (just like Max does). Really, Max has done more, but Frankie's best wins are still better than Max's best wins. Max's best win is still Frankie's left overs in Swanson. The quality of Edgar's wins are slightly better than the quality of Max's, but Max definitely has the quantity on his side.
Agree but the belt holds value in my eyes even if interim.
Would love to see Edgar halloway in a 5 rounder

Agree but the belt holds value in my eyes even if interim.
Would love to see Edgar halloway in a 5 rounder

If they both win their next fights then there's a strong probability that they will face each other. If it happens, I hope it happens soon because Frankie is due to start declining any day now, unfortunately.

If they both win their next fights then there's a strong probability that they will face each other. If it happens, I hope it happens soon because Frankie is due to start declining any day now, unfortunately.
Frankie 135 please
I need him to end his career there, instant title fight or put him vs dillasnake for a shot at garbrant cruz winner

Frankie 135 please
I need him to end his career there, instant title fight or put him vs dillasnake for a shot at garbrant cruz winner

I'd love for him to go down to 135lbs and get a top win and a crack at Cruz. Having another top win in yet another division would look great on his already great resume. If there wasn't so many challengers already for Cruz, I think frankie would easily get a shot at him if he simply said, "I want to fight cruz."

Back