Is Glover Really Going To Throw Down With Rampage?

Or is he just saying that and will ultimately go for take downs and grapple like all of Rampage's opponents as of late?

quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif

quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell1.gif

you do know that the most recent gif you have put on here is from 2008. that was 4 years ago. rampage hasn't had a finish for 4 years, doesn't that tell you something? and its not because he hasn't had the opportunity because he was standing with most of those opponents.

rashad - rampage come close but gassed. rashad is know for having a weaker chin at 205 and also nearly finished rampage in the opening round.

hamill - rampages slow, plodding, predictable boxing style was too predictable and hamill managed to avoid the big shots for 3 round.

jones - rampage stopped nearly all take downs but still couldn't work any strikes.

jardine - rampage didn't look too bad in that fight but yet again it was back when rampage was still hurting people.

jackson likes to talk shit about his opponents saying ''nobody stands with me'' when in reality he has had plenty opportunities to finish fights and showcase his boxing and hasn't been able to. he will get out pointed or submitted by Glover and then rampage will make an excuse. and its actually funny how he was speaking about going into professional boxing.

Lol exactly...

It's interesting because he says the UFC doesn't pay him and he can make better money elsewhere. But who in their right mind would give such a seasoned fighter obviously on the downslide of his career top dollar?

Affliction_banned.jpg

That's his style, throw hard and often, then get it to the ground and go for a finish if that finish doesn't come on the feet or if the fight just goes to the mat. He's the anti point fighter of the current landscape.

He won't run & shoot against Page like pretty much everyone has done after Wand 3. I'll be surprised if he does. It would be the first time.

Lol exactly...

It's interesting because he says the UFC doesn't pay him and he can make better money elsewhere. But who in their right mind would give such a seasoned fighter obviously on the downslide of his career top dollar?

maybe in japan?

iirc, rampage has said he got paid very well over there.

it wouldn't surprise me if he went there.

rashad - rampage come close but gassed. rashad is know for having a weaker chin at 205 and also nearly finished rampage in the opening round.

The funny thing about this is that Rampage has been rocked just as much as Rashad the last couple of years, yet Rashad gets the "weak chin" tag while Rampage gets the "iron chin" tag.

That's his style, throw hard and often, then get it to the ground and go for a finish if that finish doesn't come on the feet or if the fight just goes to the mat. He's the anti point fighter of the current landscape.

He won't run & shoot against Page like pretty much everyone has done after Wand 3. I'll be surprised if he does. It would be the first time.

that WAS his style.

if anyone even tries to grapple him in any way now, he just talks shit saying 'nobody in mma stands with me' when was the last time rampage did damage on the feet and on the ground?

that WAS his style.

if anyone even tries to grapple him in any way now, he just talks shit saying 'nobody in mma stands with me' when was the last time rampage did damage on the feet and on the ground?

Hehe, I was talking about Glover. Read the second paragraph again and say "dammit".

The funny thing about this is that Rampage has been rocked just as much as Rashad the last couple of years, yet Rashad gets the "weak chin" tag while Rampage gets the "iron chin" tag.

Rashad doesn't have a weak chin. But Rampage does have an iron chin. He's been knocked out cold a grand total of one time in his entire career, and that was against a Prime Wanderlei Silva, after about 15 knees to his face.

Glover will strike until he can get the takedown and then sub Rampage with an arm triangle.

Rampage will go on to complain that people refuse to "stand and bang" with him and whines that it's killing the sport. He then goes on to quit the UFC and goes on a freak show tour to the highest bidders. I can definitely see him taking the Bob Sapp route.

Rashad doesn't have a weak chin. But Rampage does have an iron chin. He's been knocked out cold a grand total of one time in his entire career, and that was against a Prime Wanderlei Silva, after about 15 knees to his face.

Rashad has been knocked out cold a total of .... 1 time in his career as well

And it was 4 knees, not 15

No such thing as an iron chin

Dumb. Those gifs show technically executed counter hooks. You desperately need to educate yourself.

If you think that the majority of those leap-in haymakers are COUNTER hooks, you are the ones in need of an education.

I recommend Boxing For Dummies

Or is he just saying that and will ultimately go for take downs and grapple like all of Rampage's opponents as of late?

quinton-jackson_wanderlie-silva.gif

quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell1.gif

those gifs are like 4-5 years old already. rampage is still a top guy but glover almost committed homicide on the last guy he fought, what has rampage done lately besides get older and lose to ryan bader?

Rashad has been knocked out cold a total of .... 1 time in his career as well

And? Did I not just get done saying Rashad didn't have a weak chin? I'd love to know what you thought you proved to me here.

No such thing as an iron chin

False. Some fighters can take a punch better than others. That is a fact. "Iron, Granite, Steel, etc" chin is a figure of speech indicating a fighter who can take more punishment than usual before it puts them out. I genuinely cannot believe someone is actually disputing that.

He will early, until he gets clipped and then it's takedown attempt city for Glover.

I would like to see Quinton knock Glover silly, go out on a high note, piss Dana off and depress Chuck one more time.

He'll strike for a while and then he'll take Rampage down. Then he'll beat Page up and win by submission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back