Is Dustin Poirier the best striker in the lw history?

Heart and durability and accomplishments comes into play. Dustin has done much more at lightweight. I think Dustin beats Barboza down too if they were too fight. Terrible style match up for Barboza.
You just said he got cracked a and finished a gazillion times and I jist disproved that bc he only has 3 losses due to strikes. I never said anything about who he's better or worse than. DP would most likely beat him tho

You just said he got cracked a and finished a gazillion times and I jist disproved that bc he only has 3 losses due to strikes. I never said anything about who he's better or worse than. DP would most likely beat him tho

well fair enough

Yeah they are pretty delusional. Poirier was landing a lot more in the first fight too, low kicks included. And Poirier is a bigger man now. Poirier bulked up well, whereas Conor I'm not sure all that partying and inactivity really helped him bulked up properly. I'm sure Conor was a big featherweight too, but Poirier bulked up right throughout the years, whereas Conor...was doing Conor things.

Conor has never checked kicks in his entire life. I don't know why Conor fans think it would be easy to suddenly change your entire game and start checking kicks with like 7 week training camp.

Conor was I'd say more speed dependant and also more prone to gassing so the extra bulk maybe doesnt suit him as well.

The reality I'd say is we havent really had a GOAT striker at LW yet, lots of guys have looked impressive down the years but all have also arguebly had their weaknesses.

Conor was I'd say more speed dependant and also more prone to gassing so the extra bulk maybe doesnt suit him as well.

The reality I'd say is we havent really had a GOAT striker at LW yet, lots of guys have looked impressive down the years but all have also arguebly had their weaknesses.

GOAT by definition is up to this point. People are like oh no all time it's not there yet, but if you do it that way soccer has only been around 100 years, and I'm sure we'd continue to exist at least next 1000 years, GOAT is up to this point, and I think Poirier has a good argument for it.

I'm fairly sure in p4p, Conor is WAY better than Dustin. But Dustin just knocked him the fuck out, calf kick or no calf kick. And Dustin knocked him out with right straight then right hook, you know. People are not giving Dustin enough credit for that win.

Conor this Conor that, well it was Dustin who kicked him in the calf, and it was Dustin who cracked him in the jaw.

Conor never checked calf kicks in his life, or low kicks, including the first Dustin fight. Would he be able to make necessary adjustments with 7 week camp?

melendez? lmfao

Yeah it's definitely bit odd choice...I was on Gil bandwaggon for a while too....but I don't stay on cheater's bandwaggons...I mean I love the whole scrap pack..wish Jake and Gil both didn't piss hot...

Yeah it's definitely bit odd choice...I was on Gil bandwaggon for a while too....but I don't stay on cheater's bandwaggons...I mean I love the whole scrap pack..wish Jake and Gil both didn't piss hot...
i don’t really care about PED’s but gil was a dangerous well-rounded fighter, particularly with his grappling. certainly not an elite striker.

i don’t really care about PED’s but gil was a dangerous well-rounded fighter, particularly with his grappling. certainly not an elite striker.

I don't support PED cheaters, it is what it is. Yeah Gil was really good back in the day. In hindsight though, he just couldn't shine when the light shone brightest.

May have beaten Bendo. Bendo likes to rob people, but I guess not sure for that one.

you think conor is better, but poirer is best?......................................

Accomplishments do better. Conor is 1-3 at lightweight. And Poirier just pushed his shit in not that long ago.

Conor was piecing up Dustin easily until the leg kicks .. had Conor known how to properly defend against them = Conor would’ve ko’d Dustin .. if it stays standing = Conor will ko Dustin

I love how people act as if leg kicks are not part of striking or the leg kick defense...Poirier finished him with right straight then right hook too, not the leg kicks...People give no credit to Poirier. It's almost as if Conor hit Dustin's foot with his calf and knocked himself out by hitting Poirier's fist with his face.

well who's better bruh? Let me lol at your choices, no one around here comes up with their choice but says lmao no.
Lol at other choices when you chose to a suggest panic wrestler (vs Conor no less lol) who has been destroyed in standup by Korean Zombie and micheal Johnson types? Bj penn knocks out the very hittable Dustin with his prime hand speed. No wonder this thread isn’t going the way you imagined my friend.

Prime for prime: Conor for sure , barboza for sure, pettis and gomi very likely too, maybe Justin too, prime Tony and Charles too, Chandler Kos him today, Michael Johnson hahaha too due to head to head sample size, tbh prime cowboy potential does to him what he did to Charles oliveira too, hell even guys he’s gotten past like Alvarez etc might beat him in their prime. Dustin is in my opinion not the best striker ever and not the best striker today either.

Last edited:
Some say it's Barboza but he has so many fundamental flaws

bj penn and frankie edgar were more technical strikers than dustin for sure.

dustin wouldnt be able to handle prime edgar......too quick. too many feints and difficult to catchn clean because of great footwork and subtle other movements clean.

totally different from poirier vs hollaway.

people forget that edgar and penn were great strikers/boxers at light weight. i rank these two above dustin for sure

BJ Penn though?

The guy has literally had the fastest reaction time in the UFC in his prime and that was during a time where both Silva and Machida were at or around their peak.

Dustin deserves a lot of credit though.

Not even that! But in the history of the world! The history of the universe!! He's a wizzard!! A saaavaaage!!!

Fuck off with your stupid hyperbolic nonsense.

Accomplishments do better. Conor is 1-3 at lightweight. And Poirier just pushed his shit in not that long ago.

they're 1 and 1
conor Ko'ed him too
your response has nothing to do with what I said
how can someone be the best if you deem someone else is better

On striking no, but he's improved to the point he's much better than a lot of guys right now.

Definitely not, relies mostly on his boxing, I'd say he is one of the more dangerous boxers in the pocket but he gets tagged a lot, his defense is pretty poor, doesn't have much of a thai clinch. I'd consider Masvidal a more technical striker than Porrier, probably Pettis as well. He has a great all round skillset though, he doesn't really lack ability anywhere.

YEah but Conor never does and did. You know kicks are part of the game. Dustin knocked him the fuck out with his right and no one gives him credit ffs.

I agree, "if he knew how to check his leg kicks" is always a dumb excuse.

By that same logic if Dustin knew how to avoid Conor's punches he wouldn't have been knocked out in the first fight.

Ngannou would be on a losing streak if people knew how to avoid his punches. Why are kicks any different

Back