is Donald Cerrone a real cowboy? Did you ever see a pic of him riding a horse?

Mexico>USA when it comes to Cowboys.

We have a few here in United States who live the lifestyle because they were raised that way but in Mexico there are so many Cowboys because it's a necessity for them to know the tricks of the trade in order to put food on the table. They don't have the same opportunities where they can just go get an education and do something else.

Rashad isn't made out of sugar.
Anderson isn't a spider.
Liddell isn't an x-men.

Mark coleman is not a hammer. Couture was not natural.

He was a pro bull rider when he was younger.

Who really gives a fuck tho? He likes to wear cowboy shit and hunt. Why are you guys give a shit to be honest? Just care what he does in the cage is pretty much all you need to watch.

Because you don't just one day decide you are going to "become a cowboy" at the age of 27 or so. You don't have have someone buy you some land and some cows and then you become a "real cowboy." You either grow up into the lifestyle or culture as a child or raise cattle for a living - that is the definition of a "real cowboy"

People born into the cowboy culture/occupation have no choice in their way of life, this isn't anything special, its called survival. In a way Cerrone is the purest version of a cowboy because he elected to become one on his own. He has all the responsibilities of a real cowboy with none of the financial benefit, plus he is a professional fighter. He juggles two of the hardest occupations in the modern world and is successful at both, that's very respectable.

no wonder the guy fights all the time and loses money so quickly. raising/tending to large animals like horses and cattle is freaking expensive.

I consider myself a bit of a redneck and I've been to Colorado. No one there was anything close to a cowboy

No, He was sent to live with his grand parents here in new mexico who owned a ranch. He lived on it since he was a teen and when his grandfather passed away he took over the ranch.

I'm pretty sure it was bought for him. Remember seeing it in one of the promo videos for one of his fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEbPL0WSY7Y
at 4:40 he starts talking about the ranch. Its hard to tell but it sounds like he chose it and his grandfather came out with the cash and paid for it. Im not clear if its cowboys cash and his grandpa managed it at the time or if his grandfather bought it with his own money. I initially thought he managed cowboys money and so cowboy actually paid for it.

Back