is Donald Cerrone a real cowboy? Did you ever see a pic of him riding a horse?

73265.jpg

I believe that's another case closed, satisfied TS?

Because you don't just one day decide you are going to "become a cowboy" at the age of 27 or so. You don't have have someone buy you some land and some cows and then you become a "real cowboy." You either grow up into the lifestyle or culture as a child or raise cattle for a living - that is the definition of a "real cowboy"

He was bull riding and living on his grandparents ranch from being a teenager.

Why have you got this vendetta against Cowboy?

If you guys are debating the literal term 'cowboy' then you need to understand history. "Cowboy" and "ranchers" are not the same. I think some of you guys are confusing the two.

Traditional cowboys were journeymen that herded cattle from Point A to Point B - usually over hundreds of miles of rough terrain, and fighting off Native Americans for passing through their land. It was a very dangerous job, and they usually got paid handsomly for it when they would deliver the herd. These guys developed a wild reputation of gambling, whiskey drinking, and fast-paced living because they had a lot of money to burn and no constant living expenses because they were always on the road. The term "cowboy" broadened and lost its meaning over the years once modern transportation took the place of the herdsmen that navigated the wild west. Nowadays it includes anyone that wears a cowboy hat or cowboy boots. That doesnt make you a cowboy. That makes you a fan of western wear.

I think Donald is what I would call a Modified Rancher - which is like 1/2 Cowboy and 1/2 Rancher. He loves making that money and pissing through it. He loves flash and the material things his job provides him, but he also has a home and bills to pay. So by the traditional sense, Donald is not a cowboy - but he's pretty damn cool and the closest thing this yuppie-filled country has got left of the tradition.

Last edited:
Because you don't just one day decide you are going to "become a cowboy" at the age of 27 or so. You don't have have someone buy you some land and some cows and then you become a "real cowboy." You either grow up into the lifestyle or culture as a child or raise cattle for a living - that is the definition of a "real cowboy"

Are you a real businessman if your parents never had a business of their own?

Back