is Donald Cerrone a real cowboy? Did you ever see a pic of him riding a horse?

If I recall correctly before he became a fighter he was at one point a professional bull rider; plus he raises cattle. That's about as professional of a cowboy as you can be in this day and age.

This!

IIRC he said it on the 182 countdown show? or was that during the promo vs Bendo?

I know real cowboys who don't really ride around on horses. They work on cattle farms, and are just kind of redneckish? Either way it's kind of silly. I doubt Shogun is an actual Samurai, lol.

He thinks it's Halloween year round. He even walks with the strut while holding his belt buckle. It's ridiculous.

He's a rich kid from Colorado that got picked on growing up so he invented his cowboy/extreme sports persona all the while developing a Texas accent to fit in.

He's still a hell of a fighter though.

He does not have a Texas accent.

who cares?

574.gif

Yes, I believe he does tend his own cattle. He's got a cow, a chicken, and a pig, I think.

We don't know him personally but we know aspects of his personality and things he's done.

He grew up with wealth and went around getting into fights and in trouble with the law. As an adult he goes around blowing money and still gets into fights outside the octagon.

Yeah, I hear you, but I personally won't definitively say he's this or that without having met him, but yeah, he's done some things that are suspect, which is why I partially agree.

So is Arlovski a real pitbull

A Southern accent then? He has a drawl.

That might but what he's shooting for, but he's missing the mark. I can't think of a really well known example. A guy like Jerry Jones, he has a Texas accent. Matthew McConaughey to some extent, but he's altered his for Hollywood a bit, even though he's from the same town as me.

In any event, idk how I would classify the way Cerrone speaks.

Edit: oh, I thought of a perfect example. George W. Bush.

Last edited:
People born into the cowboy culture/occupation have no choice in their way of life, this isn't anything special, its called survival. In a way Cerrone is the purest version of a cowboy because he elected to become one on his own. He has all the responsibilities of a real cowboy with none of the financial benefit, plus he is a professional fighter. He juggles two of the hardest occupations in the modern world and is successful at both, that's very respectable.

What? Read up on the state of cowboys in the US and how they are getting fucked by big businesses... most are in debt. Financial benefits? Your post is stupid all the way around. Rich kid from the suburbs of colorado does not equal a cowboy no matter how many cows he decides to buy with his prize fighting money.

On the tapout show he said he was a bullrider in a 360 he did own a ranch And he wears a hat in my opinion that's as close to a present day cowboy as you can get

he has a ranch in the southwest and was planning on spending one of his bonuses on guns and outdoor gear. I don't know if he has any horses(might have had to hide them from overeem).

Back