is Donald Cerrone a real cowboy? Did you ever see a pic of him riding a horse?

His entrance music is horrendous. Good thing he is entertaining.

It's hard not to like a fighter that actually fights more than once or twice a year.

Cowboy is one of the few guys left that isn't afraid of losing.

The only true given name to a mma fighter is Tito's.
He is the peoples champion.

Fedor wasn't really an emperor

Kevin Burns isn't really made of Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEbPL0WSY7Y
at 4:40 he starts talking about the ranch. Its hard to tell but it sounds like he chose it and his grandfather came out with the cash and paid for it. Im not clear if its cowboys cash and his grandpa managed it at the time or if his grandfather bought it with his own money. I initially thought he managed cowboys money and so cowboy actually paid for it.

Well it's Cowboy's money in the sense they gave it to him and now its his. But he didn't actually do anything to earn it himself.

He's basically a rich kid who liked to screw around and get in trouble and his wealthy family was his safety net. Now he channels that aggression into mma.

Well it's Cowboy's money in the sense they gave it to him and now its his. But he didn't actually do anything to earn it himself.

He's basically a rich kid who liked to screw around and get in trouble and his wealthy family was his safety net. Now he channels that aggression into mma.

You can't hate him for it, though, I would have done the same if I had inherited a ranch full of money.

People born into the cowboy culture/occupation have no choice in their way of life, this isn't anything special, its called survival. In a way Cerrone is the purest version of a cowboy because he elected to become one on his own. He has all the responsibilities of a real cowboy with none of the financial benefit, plus he is a professional fighter. He juggles two of the hardest occupations in the modern world and is successful at both, that's very respectable.

Lol what? That's a twisted way to look at it. I think you meant to say he has some of the responsibilities of a cowboy with none of the financial disadvantages. He's literally playing cowboy. Its kind of an insult to people who have actually lived that lifestyle out of necessity.

You can't hate him for it, though, I would have done the same if I had inherited a ranch full of money.

I dont hate him for that. I love watching him fight. Have no problem with rich people spending their money. At the same time he's not someone to look up to as a person.

Fake persona

If you didn't start watching him yesterday

You'd see

I dont hate him for that. I love watching him fight. Have no problem with rich people spending their money. At the same time he's not someone to look up to as a person.

Don't know him personally, so we could be way off base to throw out a blanket statement like that. I'll partially agree with you, as I feel where you're coming from.

He thinks it's Halloween year round. He even walks with the strut while holding his belt buckle. It's ridiculous.

He's a rich kid from Colorado that got picked on growing up so he invented his cowboy/extreme sports persona all the while developing a Texas accent to fit in.

He's still a hell of a fighter though.

His mom and dad are the rich ones I thought tho, I dont know the wealth of his grandparents. And since he was moved it already had to partway into his fighting career. Well either way to me hes a cowboy lol

Because you don't just one day decide you are going to "become a cowboy" at the age of 27 or so. You don't have have someone buy you some land and some cows and then you become a "real cowboy." You either grow up into the lifestyle or culture as a child or raise cattle for a living - that is the definition of a "real cowboy"

If he married a cowgirl, would their child be a quarter cowboy?

Don't know him personally, so we could be way off base to throw out a blanket statement like that. I'll partially agree with you, as I feel where you're coming from.

We don't know him personally but we know aspects of his personality and things he's done.

He grew up with wealth and went around getting into fights and in trouble with the law. As an adult he goes around blowing money and still gets into fights outside the octagon.

Back