Is Costa Philippou a top 10 middleweight?

Costa didn't "beat" anyone tonight. Did you guys watch the fight? It was all Tim until the BLATANT cheating.

How was it not accidental? Fighters get poked in The eye all the time and no one cares. I guess you think koscheck ACTUALLY gets poked in the eye.

did you feel the need to post this again because you're retarded and pointless statement was ignored the first time?

What do you mean? I replied about Boetsch being top 5.

What is "retarded"?

That 6 of the 10 top MWs were former LHWs that weren't ranked and dropped down to a much weaker division and became ranked?

In the history of the sport this has never happened before. Only in the paper thin MW division has it happened.

All of the above isn't "retarded". It is fact.

I am glad that midlevel LHWs dropped to MW otherwise it would be even more anemic.

that wasn't an accident

and the reason he started getting outstruck and couldn't get the TD is because he was blind

How do you know it wasn't accidental? Do you have proof?

What do you mean? I replied about Boetsch being top 5.

What is "retarded"?

That 6 of the 10 top MWs were former LHWs that weren't ranked and dropped down to a much weaker division and became ranked.

In the history of the sport this has never happened before.

All of the above isn't "retarded". It is fact.

I am glad that midlevel LHWs dropped to MW otherwise it would be even more anemic.

your point is fucking stupid

especially since you say Vitor wasn't ranked lmfao
he was the fucking LHW champ

and you posted the same thing twice because you took a while to type up something that nobody paid any attention too

Yes? No? Maybe? Hard to tell given the strange nature of that fight and the questionable Boestch wins previously.

that wasn't an accident

and the reason he started getting outstruck and couldn't get the TD is because he was blind

Are you serious. Eye pokes happen damn near every fight. He got plenty of time to recover, if he couldn't see he should have just took the NC.

Are you serious. Eye pokes happen damn near every fight. He got plenty of time to recover, if he couldn't see he should have just took the NC.

the barbarian is arguably the biggest warrior in the UFC

he wouldn't have backed out of the fight

did you even hear him in his corner between rounds?

he said he couldn't see anything and when asked if he wanted to stop he replied "fuck no!"

Boetsch is top 5 in official rankings though.

Too bad the MW division is so weak. It has a great champ and then a bunch of midlevel guys.

If it wasn't for guys that couldn't get ranked at LHW the MW division would be even weaker.

6 of the top 10 MWs are guys that weren't ranked at LHW and dropped down.

Stann
Boetsch
Sonnen
Vitor (best of the bunch but only 1-6 in his last 7 fights in the Pride and UFC LHW division)
Bisping
Munoz

This is the only division that has had that many unranked fighters (in the division that they dropped from) change weight classes and then become ranked.

I respect your opinion and i understand your point. I know he was ranked #5 in the division, i just don't know WHY. I honestly just see him as a hard-nosed, determined fighter with some punching power that seized an amazing opportunity and beat a fighter much, much better than him (Okami). We all saw what happened in the first two and a half rounds. The Lombard fight could've gone either way and should've probably end up in a draw just for pure lack of a deserving winner.

he said he couldn't see anything and when asked if he wanted to stop he replied "fuck no!"

Well then that settles it, it was Tim's fault that he lost, not the eye poke.

did you feel the need to post this again because you're retarded and pointless statement was ignored the first time?

and you posted the same thing twice because you took a while to type up something that nobody paid any attention too

BTW it is "your retarded and pointless statement" not you're

Also my statement that

6 of the current top 10 MWs were not ranked at LHW and dropped down (this has never happened in the history of the sport in any other division than the paper thin MW division) is absolutely true.

Vitor was not top 10 when he dropped down.
He was the best of the bunch but is 1-6 in his last 7 UFC and Pride LHW fights.

Does 1-6 sound like a top 10 LHW?

No

Last edited:
I don't know if Costa should be in the top ten yet, but he has definitely put himself into the discussion. He is at worst just outside the top ten and a 2-3 more wins from a title shot, barring no one gets injured and slows the title picture down anymore that it already is.

Well then that settles it, it was Tim's fault that he lost, not the eye poke.

whatever

the fact is he was easily winning the fight until he got poked in the eye and then he couldn't see which is why he missed his shots by a couple feet and kept pulling guard

Respect to the man, but to say he got cheated isn't right IMO.

I respect your opinion and i understand your point. I know he was ranked #5 in the division, i just don't know WHY. I honestly just see him as a hard-nosed, determined fighter with some punching power that seized an amazing opportunity and beat a fighter much, much better than him (Okami). We all saw what happened in the first two and a half rounds. The Lombard fight could've gone either way and should've probably end up in a draw just for pure lack of a deserving winner.

I had Lombard beating Tim in a close fight but he did come back against Okami (who is a constant top 10er)

Tim was actually ranked top 10 regardless of the Lombard win though. It just moved him up further.

I just wish the division was stronger because they have an awesome champ and most of the rest of the top MWs are guys that were not contenders at LHW before they dropped down. Sonnen was never even a top 10 LHW and he is the #2 MW.'

Pretty sad.

BTW it is "your retarded and pointless statement" not you're

Also my statement that

6 of the current top 10 MWs were not ranked at LHW and dropped down (this has never happened in the history of the sport in any other division that the paper thin MW division) is absolutely true.

Vitor was not top 10 when he dropped down.
He was the best of the bunch but is 1-6 in his last 7 UFC and Pride LHW fights.

Does 1-6 sound like a top 10 LHW?

No

You're 100% correct. The MW division is arguably the weakest division in the entire UFC.

I am not taking sides, but Vitor won his LHW championship because of an eye poke (ironic huh?).

whatever

the fact is he was easily winning the fight until he got poked in the eye and then he couldn't see which is why he missed his shots by a couple feet and kept pulling guard

Whatever, Tim could've stopped, could've taken more time but he didn't and that's his own fault. He has no one to blame but himself.

Whatever, Tim could've stopped, could've taken more time but he didn't and that's his own fault. He has no one to blame but himself.

taken more time?

you don't get 5 minutes for an eye poke

if you can't see the fight is stopped
if you can see it starts back up right after the doctor checks you out

If Bisping had beaten Boetsch, would Boetsch suddenly have dropped from the top ten?
(Yes)

Costa is ranked.

Back