Is Costa Philippou a top 10 middleweight?

Exactly, how is he not? It's not the most stacked division, especially after tonight's fights. He's forsure a top 10.

This...he's kind of like Struve. A talented fighter that can beat a lot of people but no one really thinks he's ever gonna contend for the belt.

He's probably on the fringe in the UFC. It's not like he looked like shit against Boetsch before the guy broke his hand. He's got good boxing and good takedown defense.

That was one of the uglier fights i've seen in a while. I felt that Boesch defeated himself mentally at the end of the first round.he came out extremely cautious in the 2nd the head bunt which caused the cut made matters worse since the blood seemed to affect his vision but Boesch was still doin good, until the eye poke which IMO was not accidental that changed the outcome of the fight Boesch lost any confidence he had and basically gave up after that.

That was one of the uglier fights i've seen in a while. I felt that Boesch defeated himself mentally at the end of the first round.he came out extremely cautious in the 2nd the head bunt which caused the cut made matters worse since the blood seemed to affect his vision but Boesch was still doin good, until the eye poke which IMO was not accidental that changed the outcome of the fight Boesch lost any confidence he had and basically gave up after that.

It was ugly, but did you see the Leben or Okami fight? Much uglier.

Definitely not.

The guy is pretty good but him not finishing Boetsch was mind boggling

This win over Tim has to have pushed him up in the ranks. People dismissing it right away are being a little ridiculous. He might not be top 10, but at least 12.

can someone point me to an official statemen that Boetsch broke anything? other than what Rogan said in the fight or websites are allegedly saying.

Also the minute that Costa headbutted him?

Just rewatched the fight. We dont know even if he did break his hand.

the bleeding on his head happened when HE pushed Costa on the fence and tried to put his haid under costas chin (like they all do at that point) again again. it was accidental but costa wasnt the one butting his head... and the even before the eye poke he started failing his takedown (even though he blatanly tried to make by holding his shorts for a long time) and started getting caught by Costas hands...

Last edited:
BTW it is "your retarded and pointless statement" not you're

Also my statement that

6 of the current top 10 MWs were not ranked at LHW and dropped down (this has never happened in the history of the sport in any other division than the paper thin MW division) is absolutely true.

Vitor was not top 10 when he dropped down.
He was the best of the bunch but is 1-6 in his last 7 UFC and Pride LHW fights.

Does 1-6 sound like a top 10 LHW?

No
So why WWs are cutting weight to avoid the MW division? It seems so easy.

No but he is top ten in the dirtiest fighter category.... illegal headbutt and eyepoke your way to victory!

Back