Is Costa Philippou a top 10 middleweight?

After tonight the MW division looks like a steaming pile of dung with A Silva on top.

Just saying Weidman got #2 status for beating Munoz and Maia. This guy just beat the guy who beat Lombard and Okami.

he just beat a top ten fighter.. so yes.. though he wont ever get to fight silva

In an extremely weak MW division he is.

If it wasn't for guys that couldn't get ranked at LHW the MW division would be even weaker.

6 of the top 10 MWs are guys that weren't ranked at LHW and dropped down.

Stann
Boetsch
Sonnen
Vitor (best of the bunch but only 1-6 in his last 7 fights in the Pride and UFC LHW division)
Bisping
Munoz

This is the only division that has had that many unranked fighters (in the division that they dropped from) change weight classes and then become ranked.

Costa didn't "beat" anyone tonight. Did you guys watch the fight? It was all Tim until the BLATANT cheating.

Costa didn't "beat" anyone tonight. Did you guys watch the fight? It was all Tim until the BLATANT cheating.

Be that as it may, Costa still got the win. The end result is all that really matters when it comes to rankings.

1. Silva
2. Weidman
3. Bisping
4. Rockhold
5. Belfort
6. Okami
7. Munoz
8. Lombard
9. Boestch
10. Shields

my top 10

if he didn't cheat he wouldn't have won

the headbutt and eye poke changed the outcome of the fight

No and I'm glad that I can finally remove Boetsch from my top 10.

Yes, he beat a top 10 guy so he should be considered a top 10 Middleweight.

For those saying Boetsch is the better fighter due to winning the first round, Boetsch was getting beat up by Nick Ring and Okami early on in those fights, does that mean he should be ranked below them or he is a worse fighter? A fight is judged as a whole.

he shoved his finger in to Tim's eye
I suppose 90% of fighters cheat given the sheer amount of referee warnings that are given at every UFC event. That includes Anderson Silva in his last fight, so Silva shouldn't be ranked higher than Sonnen?

Probably, MW is so thin. Let's see, guys who i would pick to beat him:

AS
Weidman
Okami
Lombard
Boesch in a re-match without the BS
Bisping
Munoz
Belfort
Rockhold

That would leave Stann, Paul Harris, Belcher and Jacare (and obviously Sonnen but he is at 205). Could he beat these guys?

Please let me know against which of these guys would you pick Costa?

He just Boestch'd Boetsch.

Neither are top 10, in my opinion.

Boetsch is top 5 in official rankings though.

Too bad the MW division is so weak. It has a great champ and then a bunch of midlevel guys.

If it wasn't for guys that couldn't get ranked at LHW the MW division would be even weaker.

Stann
Boetsch
Sonnen
Vitor (best of the bunch but only 1-6 in his last 7 fights in the Pride and UFC LHW division)
Bisping
Munoz

This is the only division that has had that many unranked fighters (in the division that they dropped from) change weight classes and then become ranked.

Really? C'mon that was an accident. Once Tim was getting outstruck and couldn't he the TD he gave up.

that wasn't an accident

and the reason he started getting outstruck and couldn't get the TD is because he was blind

Boetsch is top 5 in official rankings though.

Too bad the MW division is so weak. It has a great champ and then a bunch of midlevel guys.

Stann
Boetsch
Sonnen
Bisping
Munoz

did you feel the need to post this again because you're retarded and pointless statement was ignored the first time?

Back