Is Costa Philippou a top 10 middleweight?

Plus, Tim is overated big time. Was getting dominated by Okami and I beleive he lost to
Lombard. I cant beleive people are talking about Boetsch, Belcher, Stann, Munoz for title shots.... those guys arent that good :/

I can't believe how many people are saying 'no'. Boetsch was a top 10 MW (arguably top 5), and Costa finished him. He is also on a 5 fight win streak. How is he NOT top 10?

Amen.

Sherdoggers are retarded for saying no!

Costa has no ground or sub game. He would get wrecked Chael P, Bisping, Belfort, Weidman, maybe even Munoz.

He stands a chance of beating anyone after poking their eyes and blinding them. Look at Tim's eye in the JDS and Tim at the hospital thread to see how bad he got poked.

If he can't land the poke, then he's not going to beat any top 10 opponent.

Yes, don't be mad guys. I like The Barbarian a lot and think he still has a run at middleweight but Costa should fight the Belfort/Bisping winner at this point, his hands be smooth.

You can rank him where you want, but the pokemon isn't beating anyone in the top 5.

did you feel the need to post this again because you're retarded and pointless statement was ignored the first time?

Do you feel the need to have a giant dick for a head because the one in your pants is inadequate? I mean jesus christ, lighten up.

He finished a top 10 mw so yeah. Not to say he's high top ten but he is now on a 5 fight win streak.

Put him against Lombard or Chris Weidman. Either of them could do with some extra hype and an impressive win. Plus if Costa wins he gets some hype too.

Yes , 5 wins in a row and he was able to finish a dangerous guy like Boetsch

beating those fighters AT WW isn't worthy of being considered a top WW?

Top 10, not top 5. I looked at rankings too. Look (By the way, Condit doesn't come up in the top 10 until the next year, Okami never a top 10 WW). Look:
March 2006:
1. Matt Hughes
2. Georges St-Pierre
3. BJ Penn
4. Karo Parisyan
5. Shinya Aoki
6. Akira Kikuchi
7. Diego Sanchez
8. Joe Riggs
9. Frank Trigg
10. Sean Sherk

September 2006:

1. Matt Hughes
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. Diego Sanchez
4. Karo Parysian
5. BJ Penn
6. Akira Kikuchi
7. Jake Shields
8. Jon Fitch
9. Sean Sherk
10. Josh Koscheck

Other Contenders: Joe Riggs, Nick Diaz, Kuniyoshi Hironaka Drew Fickett Nick Thompson Josh Burkman Eddie Alvarez, Matt Serra, Chris Lytle, Carlos Condit, Thiago Alves.

Your argument of #2 WW is completely wrong and laughable at best. You should have said barely broke top 10 WW and was #2 MW. But wait, that would ruin your whole point.

IMO, not just yet.

Big win though, for me, he's on the same sort of level as Ronny Markes - great record, winning streak etc. I'd love to see Costa vs. Rockhold, personally.

No way.

His win against Boetsch I consider a NC. Boetsch was clearly the better fighter until he 1) hurt his hand 2) accidental headbutt and blood in his eyes 3) got poked in the eye.

Boetsch is one unlucky SOB, but at the same time lucky (by winning against Okami).

Costa's will never be a legit top 10 fighter, and Boetsch can probably be a top 8-10 if we're counting skills and not wins or losses (which in this cast makes mose sense as Costa's win means nothing).

I don't like the people hating on Costa in here. It was a fight, shit happens in a fight. He wasn't blatantly cheating. But I don't think he is top 10 yet, I think he needs 1 more fight against a top 10 fighter to see how he does.

I think any Top 10 fighter should be 1 fight away from a number 1 contender fight, and Costa isn't there. Costa is still 2 wins away from a #1 contender fight at least.

Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Chris Weidman, Michael Bisping, Mark Munoz, Vitor Belfort, Yushin Okami, Luke Rockhold, Alan Belcher, Hector Lombard, and Jacare are all ahead of him in my opinion.

I think Boetsch moves out of the top 10 with this loss, considering he was getting wrecked against Okami and barely won against Lombard. I just don't think he is technically good enough for the top 10.

Back