Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters
Hella overrated.

He’s good but he couldn’t get a hurt, cut and bleeding like a stuck pig, TJ outta there!?!?

Even with all the odds in his favor he was actually on the losing end of that fight in every position.

TJ was blind, limping and Cory was the one that fucking broke

I don't think it's a 1:1 trade-off.

Dude, he literally lost that fight because he got outgrappled. Tall, skinny guys that lack a bit of strength tend to be outgrappled by smaller and thicker apanyents, happens all the time. I don't think that weigth cutting is as obvious of a ultimate weapon as people make it out to be here. Sandhagen is a great fighter with a lot of potential but where he is lacking is in strength and that is pretty obvious just looking at him. He would still be tall for 145 but be much stronger.

maybe this is overly harsh but i thought they both looked bad

One of the most overrated fighters in the UFC.

2-2 in his last 4

No elite wins

can’t grapple

constantly fed washed up fighters and still couldn’t get it done against TJ

The only people who think Sandhagen is legit are the ones doubling down who don’t want to admit they were wrong about him.
He just arguably defeated top 2 greatest bantaweight ever and you call him overrated... I would like to know who is underrated for you.

Dude, he literally lost that fight because he got outgrappled. Tall, skinny guys that lack a bit of strength tend to be outgrappled by smaller and thicker apanyents, happens all the time. I don't think that weigth cutting is as obvious of a ultimate weapon as people make it out to be here. Sandhagen is a great fighter with a lot of potential but where he is lacking is in strength and that is pretty obvious just looking at him. He would still be tall for 145 but be much stronger.

Csac released his in cage weight a while ago and in terms of weight, he's a small BW. He weighed 149lbs when he fought assuncao, and 5'5 Assuncao weighed 153lbs. Some people are just lanklets.

Bit underrated at this point. Going into the fight, he was about as advertised, in my view.

That fight was so fucking close, and it was against one of the greatest 135ers ever. I think Cody is a bad, bad man. And he's going to do great things in this sport.

He just arguably defeated top 2 greatest bantaweight ever and you call him overrated... I would like to know who is underrated for you.

C’mon now both Moraes and Frankie are damaged goods. Both have more KO losses than wins in the past few years.

As for BW fighters, I’m far more impressed by Valiev, Barcelos, Umar, and Merab than I am with Sandhagen. They’re just not American or speak English so the UFC doesn’t get behind them.

Nah, he's just a really massive 135er and does obviously get a big advantage from it.
Wrong.

At the very least Moraes, Dillashaw, Assuncao and Alcantara are bigger than him on fight night, as evidenced by the thread of @acannxr

Don't have the fight night weight of the other guys, but i remember John Lineker missing weight in the past.

I've always thought he was a little overrated. He's not good because he's good. Being the giant of 135 division helps him a lot.
Didn't know that being lighter on fight night than many 135ers including at least Moraes, Assuncao, Dillashaw (!) and Alcantara - all of which he fought - would make you a giant.

Wrong.

At the very least Moraes, Dillashaw, Assuncao and Alcantara are bigger than him on fight night, as evidenced by the thread of @acannxr

Don't have the fight night weight of the other guys, but i remember John Lineker missing weight in the past.

He's about 4 inchs taller than Dillashaw with not a great difference in body mass, this looked like a fight between guys a division apart.

He's about 4 inchs taller than Dillashaw with not a great difference in body mass, this looked like a fight between guys a division apart.
It doesn't matter much how it looks, many guys are bigger than him on fight night.
He's just very tall and somewhat long (a 71 inch reach isn't much of a big deal even at 135).

Mostly as advertised. He definitely showed that danger that made people believe him to a be a slight favourite, but it was definitely also expected that TJ would not be an easy fight. Maybe just a little bit overrated tho. He has been such a technical and calculated striker, to point where I'd believe he wouldn't get so easily wrestled or clinched up, but I wasn't expecting Cory to get caught up in that game but he quite did.

The implied odds of -220 were sandy at a 70% to win. That was a bit out of wack, and not just a slight fav

Edmen Shabazyan of bantamweight. Young, great striker, bright future but has a glaring hole in his game. People take his back waay too often.

LOL terrible comp, Edmen has lost every step up he has taken.

He certainly is a better fighter than TJ. He fought extremely stupid but still should have gotten the call.

I think he's a great fighter. If I have one criticism, he tends to coast and forgets to pull the trigger. In his fight with TJ, he wasn't aggressive enough despite a reach advantage. the judges saw him backing up all night and that worked against him.

He’s just a big bantamweight, if he was around the same height as his opponents, he wouldn’t even be top 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back