Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters
Of course, he lost his last fight which makes him overrated. Also he's too white, needs to borrow Trump's orange lotion/cream.

Good but not elite. Still has time to grow but doubt he gets a title shot after one win...
This. I don’t really know what “as advertised” means. If we mean that he’s an elite future champ, I’d say no. Dillashaw has quite clearly lost a step based on his recent performance, and was still able to beat Sandhagen.

Top 5 guy, probably won't be able to stay at 135 for much longer. Will be top 15 a weight class higher

Very high level fighter. An absolute beast. Is not at his peak yet.

He can win fights or he can lose them. That makes him underrated and overrated

I can't remember the last time someone put that much damage on TJ. He's legit.

Underrated.

But unless he fixes his habit of giving his back and slows down his flashy shit he'll be a tough gatekeeper.

Underrated, except for his willingness to give the back. Props to TJ for coming back against the scariest guy in the division and winning, controversy or not.

I think he's exactly what he is, but needs more experience against these top elite guys to be champion material.

He'll learn a lot from that TJ fight.

072421-Cory-Sandhagen-Hero.jpg

I think he had gotten SLIGHTLY overrated leading into this weekend.

He deserved to be in line for the winner of Yan-Sterling (before this L obviously) and he’s very skilled. His best performances came at the right time with the highlight reel KO’s of Moraes and Edgar and he had a lot of momentum.

However, Sterling ran through him like a hot knife through butter a year ago. Then this weekend Dillashaw looked less than his best (and Sandhagen compromised him further in the early rounds) yet Sand let the fight slip away through what appeared to be fatigue and an inadequate ability to dictate where the fight took place. I thought Corey should have won the decision but we saw his weaknesses again.

I’m pretty sure most fans expected a closely contested battle. Which is what we got. Granted there will always be the “make it look easy” posts. But I think the reasonable among us, weren’t sure what to expect.

As advertised. Best striker in the div. 30% TDD. Did pretty good defending. Thought he won 3-2.

Cory vs Rob Font should be up next. A banger. And TJ vs Aldo. One can dream.

As advertised. Best striker in the div. 30% TDD. Did pretty good defending. Thought he won 3-2.

Cory vs Rob Font should be up next. A banger. And TJ vs Aldo. One can dream.

He's the most diverse striker in the division, but i'm not convinced that he's the best striker in the division. He's up there, though.

He is as advertised but needs to clean up the fight iq. Spinning shit is great but after it starts costing you rds it’s time to abandon it. He could’ve pieces tj up all night fighting at distance and snapping that jab. Fight shouldn’t have been as close as it was imo

Needs to stop turning his back and getting his hands up. He's gonna get knocked out soon fighting like that

He won the fight but has a very low presence.

The same could be said about DJ. No presence or charisma that catches people sadly.

I like him better than guys like Conor who are annoying and whine. Only casuals and WME cares if its a 250k PPV or a 2 milllion PPV. Why do you?

People didn't like DJ because he is 125 pounds and the UFC didn't do their part in trying to hype him up.

I've always thought he was a little overrated. He's not good because he's good. Being the giant of 135 division helps him a lot.

Back