Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think he's exactly what he is, but needs more experience against these top elite guys to be champion material.

He'll learn a lot from that TJ fight.

072421-Cory-Sandhagen-Hero.jpg

As advertised, dude is a beast. One loss to an ex champion doesn’t discredit his vicious streak leading up to Saturday night.

Sherdog needs to chill the fuck out on the “he was never any good” bullshit.

props to Sandhagan, and props to TJ.

He won the fight but has a very low presence.

The same could be said about DJ. No presence or charisma that catches people sadly.

I voted as advertised. Perhaps a tiny bit overrated going into the fight. Alot of people thought he was going to destroy Dilly, which i couldn't wrap my head around at all.

UFC might be pushing this kid to quick. He's very good and tricky, but Font boxes his ears off imo. He should step back in competition.

as advertised. He only lost to tj because hes lacking in championship fighting experience `

Mostly as advertised. He definitely showed that danger that made people believe him to a be a slight favourite, but it was definitely also expected that TJ would not be an easy fight. Maybe just a little bit overrated tho. He has been such a technical and calculated striker, to point where I'd believe he wouldn't get so easily wrestled or clinched up, but I wasn't expecting Cory to get caught up in that game but he quite did.

One of the most overrated fighters in the UFC.

2-2 in his last 4

No elite wins

can’t grapple

constantly fed washed up fighters and still couldn’t get it done against TJ

The only people who think Sandhagen is legit are the ones doubling down who don’t want to admit they were wrong about him.

I think he's exactly what he is, but needs more experience against these top elite guys to be champion material.

Well, i thought he probably should have won.

Edmen Shabazyan of bantamweight. Young, great striker, bright future but has a glaring hole in his game. People take his back waay too often.

He belongs in the top 5, but I don't think he'll win a belt. He's got time to improve, though, so who knows

Really good fighter.... looks like he benefitted immensely from being a lot taller than Dillashaw.

Still has some tools he needs to shapren but I think he's a legit top5.

Solid top 5 BW which says a lot these days. Might hold the belt some day but current BW is one of the all-time toughest divisions.

As advertised, dude is a beast. One loss to an ex champion doesn’t discredit his vicious streak leading up to Saturday night.

Sherdog needs to chill the fuck out on the “he was never any good” bullshit.

props to Sandhagan, and props to TJ.
He got choked out in like a minute against Fakemaster

He's excellent. Extremely fast reflexes and eyes, unreal reaction time. What people don't realise is how formidable TJ is.

Back