Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

Is Cory Sandhagen overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters
He won the fight but has a very low presence.

The same could be said about DJ. No presence or charisma that catches people sadly.

Oh please go away, people are actually talking about fighting abilities, here.

One of the most overrated fighters in the UFC.

2-2 in his last 4

No elite wins

can’t grapple

constantly fed washed up fighters and still couldn’t get it done against TJ

The only people who think Sandhagen is legit are the ones doubling down who don’t want to admit they were wrong about him.

I was expecting more blind hate responses like this one ^^^^
Maybe the raging pigs are still sleeping?

IMO he won his fight against TJ... but then again, TJ fought through a lot of adversity, and he made some stupid mistakes that allowed TJ to remain in this fight.
I hope he learns from it and bounce back.
but he is a top guy in the division!

just as I expected nobody thinks he sux or that he lost the fight. its just few loud hatin mouths.

As advertised, he lost to an elite BW, no shame in that. The division is even better now Dillashaw is back, such a quality division.

id say underrated. him getting robbed of that dillashaw win is really unfortunate. people are gonna use that like its a real loss and hold it against him like mma fans always do after someone gets robbed

Depends on what you feel he's advertised as. He's a contender, yes, but the thought that a lot of people had that he would easily beat TJ was over the top.

Can't get behind a guy who's 5'11" and just 135 lbs. That's a fucking joke, like that "Violent Bob Ross" knucklehead.

Put on some weight and fight people your own size.

Good but not elite. Still has time to grow but doubt he gets a title shot after one win...

If he rematches tj and Sterling, I think he beats both. Tbh there’s not much between the top 5-6 in the division, though I’d have yan at the top

He's overrated on these boards, but he's good and could easily fill the big shoes some if his nuthuggers have him wearing.

He has what, a single good win?

Sandhagen should be a fixture in upper tier of division. We'll see how long the fixture lasts and then appropriate labels will be tagged.

I'd like to see Dillashaw get another crack at Cejudo. I didnt like how first fight ended.

I was expecting more blind hate responses like this one ^^^^
Maybe the raging pigs are still sleeping?

What’s there to hate about Sandhagen? The guy is has a bland neutral personality, no a lot of subject matter to “blind hate”… sounds more like you suffer from casual fandom.

My criticism is his limited skillset, terrible fundamentals, and lack of elite wins for the hype he’s getting.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you were one of the casuals who picked him to beat TJ lol.

I think he's exactly what he is, but needs more experience against these top elite guys to be champion material.

He'll learn a lot from that TJ fight.

072421-Cory-Sandhagen-Hero.jpg

What was the general view? That he was future BW GOAT? The biggest takeaway from his pist fight interview was how shocked he was that Dillashaw walked through his punches. I don't know how he's going to fix that.

Can't get behind a guy who's 5'11" and just 135 lbs. That's a fucking joke, like that "Violent Bob Ross" knucklehead.

Put on some weight and fight people your own size.

You know that it's a trade-off, right? He may get an advantage on the reach but he is making himself weak from a grappling perspective. We have seen that against TJ.

I think he lost the fight, but wasn't because of skill. He chose to take his foot off the gas and I don't think he was tired. Had he poured his energy in the 4th or 5th he would've won. That doesn't mean he needs any more skills to beat TJ, just change the way he scores points in fights.

You know that it's a trade-off, right? He may get an advantage on the reach but he is making himself weak from a grappling perspective. We have seen that against TJ.

Nah, he's just a really massive 135er and does obviously get a big advantage from it.

Back