Movies As an actor is Tom Cruise overrated, underrated or as advertised?

As an actor is Tom Cruise overrated, underrated or as advertised?

• Total voters
In a lot of cases I'd say underrated. His name has become synonymous with blockbuster movies and sometimes his performance gets overshadowed by the hype and full experience.

Risky Business..Born on the Fourth of July..Top Guns..The Outsiders he did awesome in and lets not forget one of his best roles in Tropic Thunder.

He's mainy concentrating on being an entertainer - and there is nothing wrong with that. He's easily the best of his generation with a good chance of being the greatest of all time at that.

And when he wants get involved in a more acting heavy project, he can do good roles. And Tropic Thunder showed he has tremendous range.

I never really watched any movies with him in it. What is his best role? I seen one of the Mission Impossible, The Mummy and that movie where he put on that fat suit.
Personally Wes Grossman is my favorite Tom Cruise character.

That movie is ridiculous and that was icing on a delicious cake.

I think he is a very good actor, but he is underrated due to his Scientology stuff.

Shit I totally didn't even notice he made one. lol It's a forgettable film I take it.
I didn't mind it, but if memory serves, it was so poorly received that it singlke handedly killed a monster universe they were going to create

He’s a very good actor and the greatest movie star of all time. I can’t think of anyone else who even comes close to consistently making good films in a lead role for four decades. Most actors only maintain that level for a decade or two if they are truly exceptional before they start to fade into supporting roles or completely disappear.

Back