• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Caitlin Clark the reason you are watching the WNBA?

Is Caitlin Clark the reason you are watching the WNBA?

• No, I've been watching WNBA before she came to the league.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the above the rim stuff and physicality makes it more obvious than other Sports. Seen Softball pro pitchers dominate pro ball MLB players (obviously closer mound and different way of throwing). But yeah same happens in Soccer, boys crush the national teams. Not sure an average high school tennis player could hang with a Serena Williams tho. Decent college player probably wipes the floor with her.

I'm guessing there's going to be a shit load of 6'2 teenager male tennis players, who'd wipe the floor with the top 10 women.

I'm guessing there's going to be a shit load of 6'2 teenager male tennis players, who'd wipe the floor with the top 10 women.

Probably but I think an average high school team could beat a WNBA team. I don't think an average high school tennis player would beat a top 10 WTA, or not at the same rate. My High School had a very average basketball team, but a bunch of those guys were dunking with ease, and much faster and athletic than any WNBA game I've ever seen.

Probably but I think an average high school team could beat a WNBA team. I don't think an average high school tennis player would beat a top 10 WTA, or not at the same rate. My High School had a very average basketball team, but a bunch of those guys were dunking with ease, and much faster and athletic than any WNBA game I've ever seen.

Yeah, team sports make it even more unlikely.

Saw an evaluation of the US Olympic women's team being compared to high school boys in Swimming and Track and Field.

Women were obliterated in everything apart from the 5000m for some reason.

Obviously these aren't "average" boys.

If she had medium natural boobs that bounced freely and often, I'd consider watching WNBA.

Depends on if the female team is good at shooting. Shooting nullifies a lot of males inherent physical advantages. Whereas the paint and midrange game maximizes them. In theory the best female shooters could be a JJ Reddick in the NBA who shoots and nothing else.

Depends on if the female team is good at shooting. Shooting nullifies a lot of males inherent physical advantages. Whereas the paint and midrange game maximizes them. In theory the best female shooters could be a JJ Reddick in the NBA who shoots and nothing else.

Short of a gimmick end of bench scrub position a Woman could never play in the NBA, not even as a spot up shooter unless you're willing to play 5 on 4 everytime they hit the floor. It would be like a power play. Too slow, can't guard and much easier to contain and close out on.

Short of a gimmick end of bench scrub position a Woman could never play in the NBA, not even as a spot up shooter unless you're willing to play 5 on 4 everytime they hit the floor. It would be like a power play. Too slow, can't guard and much easier to contain and close out on.

I said JJ Reddick. Thats what he was. He wasn't end of the bench but he was a gimmick especially earlier on before the league really went to shooting.

Ok I went a little too far with that you know what I mean lol. Showing JJ the same respect he showed the plumber and firemen. I said in theory theres nothing preventing a woman from being the best shooter unlike other skills where its impossible.

My 14 year old, who's a sports junky, started somewhat following the WNBA because of all the Caitlin Clark publicity, and because he loves watching basketball. After a couple weeks, he now just watches pieces of it for laughs. He made me watch about 15 minutes of a game last night, just to show me how bad it was. I don't understand how womens college ball and WNBA ball is so different.
The best part is CONSTANT fighting. It never stops, it's like the league is 80% trash humans and the league doesn't want to do anything about it, so that forces the other 20% to act like trash. Its unwatchable.

American if you want to talk about race and you eagarly want to at least be straight forward.we all know thatbenviroment that is pictured is that bkack lesbians are not as valuable to wnba as straight white women so why is media beating around the bushes. Instead of gasliting with constant meaningless stories about caitlin and how it os not fair that straight white women comes into league and becomes a face of it why not promote mean angry black lesbians to make it interesting

I’m gonna disagree. And all due to respect to the women. But even a female hooper who could shoot lights-out from 25’ out, wouldn’t have the speed(relative to her male counterparts) to get open and, if she ever got the ball, get the shot off without it being heavily-contested.

I'm not watching and will never watch.

But congratulations to Clark for being such a talent that she got a bunch of people who were trashing the WNBA a year ago to cynically support her because it's now another front in the culture war.

why is media helbent to tell white people of america not to support white person in sports, that is what this is all about how dare sport become whiter and have people support that white person. it is same like when argentina won world cup blacks were asking why there is no blsck players on argentinian team they want all sports to be black o if white person come into it or whte team wins tournament they will critisize it

The advanced stat DARKO still had Stockton as a top 10 NBA player in his 40s. It isn't crazy to think the female basketball GOAT, at her peak, could be an end of bench player on the worst team in the NBA.

why is media helbent to tell white people of america not to support white person in sports, that is what this is all about how dare sport become whiter and have people support that white person. it is same like when argentina won world cup blacks were asking why there is no blsck players on argentinian team they want all sports to be black o if white person come into it or whte team wins tournament they will critisize it
The advanced stat DARKO still had Stockton as a top 10 NBA player in his 40s. It isn't crazy to think the female basketball GOAT, at her peak, could be an end of bench player on the worst team in the NBA.

Fucking lmao. Have you two met before? You'd be great at keeping each other company.

Peak figoat losing it over a turnover machine F-level female athlete. Sublime.

<RawexDidThis1>

I'm glad you've moved on from poverty sports to the WNBA.

<36>
I do not care about american sport bit for american media to subjugate people to what people should think what people should be
Peak figoat losing it over a turnover machine F-level female athlete. Sublime.

<RawexDidThis1>

I'm glad you've moved on from poverty sports to the WNBA.

<36>
I do not care about american sports that include wnba but to have american medi subjucate peopple who should be favprite amd worthy of support for them is craxy

Personally I think it is. I mean, a woman in terms of sex not gender.

I don't question the athleticism involved in the NBA - and there's never been a woman that could come close to legit being on an NBA team IMO. The difference at the elite level are totally amplified and the talent pool is so deep that only Pride-esque freakshow stuff will get a woman into the NBA, and even then they won't be as good as other players. Makes me sound like a jerk in this day-and-age, but it's how I see it.

Back