Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why...

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
OMG are you my dad?

I feel like the video is too reductive to be completely accurate, but he might be onto something. However I think the intelligence level at which you really can't relate to the average person is somewhat higher than that of a lot of misanthropes or socially maladjusted people could claim.

One thing that always gets me is that when I talk to people I notice if we've discussed the same anecdote or topic before, yet they never seem to. That's what I really hate about small talk, the repetition.

Am I right in assuming that a majority of posters ITT consider themselves above average intelligent and share their stories of how the video relates to them?

Am I right in assuming that a majority of posters ITT consider themselves above average intelligent and share their stories of how the video relates to them?

Your assumption of our assumptions has me assuming that you are not one of us.

If you were, you wouldn't have to assume in the first place. ;)

It sounds like someone didn’t have many friends growing up and wants to rationalize it. I know people who don’t have many friends and they’re dumb as rocks. Sometimes when you say stupid shit all the time people don’t want to hang out with you.

How can you refute this video when it said that Tesla shares your love with Pigeon?

Also, lmao at people that agree with this video JUST because they have little friends.
There are Clever, Intelligent, Genius.
I believe the video strictly applies to Genius, in the purest form of the word not media diluted meaning, because they simply think way differently from the rest. Clever & Intelligent people that doesn't have friends is likely due to them being a dick and narcissism instead of their intellect level.

I have like 4 friends that I meet weekly, less than 10 that I meet yearly.
I'm stupid as fuck.
Not going to let a youtube video convince/console me otherwise.

makes sense , My cat and I are the most intelligent people on the block

Last edited:
That makes a lot of sense... Thanks for that. One of the smartest people I know (IQ and academically) Spends almost all his time by himself. He hasnt even taken the time to see one of his sons who lives in a different state for two yaers.

He sounds like an idiot who has his priorities mixed..no time to visit your son? Real smart...

Cliches like this usually annoy me but ever since I first heard it, it's pretty damn spot on.
Wisdom comes from the strangest places; I got it from the wall of a tapioca express while I was ordering a Boba milk tea.

Now, I try not to say anything bad about others, and try to be kind to everyone. But with my temper, it's not easy. Beyond the whole intelligent loner thing, I really believe being kind to everyone is the best way to live life.

I have an I.Q. of 130 and prefer to be alone, I can relate to and agree with most of the video... it's true
Mine's roughly the same and I feel the same way. I like to see friends once a week. Sometimes. Second video I've seen this week on this topic.

How many times have you been shoved in a locker?

Never, I grew up in a rich neighborhood where most of the kids had doctors and researchers for parents. Almost everyone was really smart, and it was the stupid kids that got bullied. Also I was usually the biggest kid in my grade.

Steve-Jobs2.gif

How can you refute this video when it said that Tesla shares your love with Pigeon?

Also, lmao at people that agree with this video JUST because they have little friends.
There are Clever, Intelligent, Genius.
I believe the video strictly applies to Genius, in the purest form of the word not media diluted meaning, because they simply think way differently from the rest. Clever & Intelligent people that doesn't have friends is likely due to them being a dick and narcissism instead of their intellect level.

I have like 4 friends that I meet weekly, less than 10 that I meet yearly.
I'm stupid as fuck.
Not going to let a youtube video convince/console me otherwise.
I know I used to blame my lack of a social life on other people’s idiocy. These days I don’t think I have many “real” friends and it’s arguable that I don’t have any. Although I can say I have plenty of drinking buddies I can party and shoot the shit with once in awhile, I don’t know if I would consider them “real” friends, whatever that means. I’m sure I’m not a genius.

Also pigeons are prey, not friends bro

Interesting. There probably is some truth in that. And I would love to believe it. But that's why I don't. It's over simplistic drivel that is designed to make awkward people feel better about themselves.

Back