Intelligent People Have Fewer Friends, Here's Why...

Not exactly...

Im an above average intelligence cannabis enthusiast.
Most of the potheads I know are fucking stupid as shit.
I am in hiding from the general populous as they are stupid, and stupid people harsh my buzz.

It is the old question; Does smoking pot make you stupid or do stupid people smoke pot.

If you attempt to become so intelligent no one can talk to you, they won't.

I get weary of people who do stupid things and avoid being around them.

I'd think most lonely people, myself included, would love to fancy themselves of superior intelligence but that's fairly rare I'd think. If you're that smart you'll have a huge hand up in life that will enable you to obtain mating partners and useful friends.

I'd think most lonely people, myself included, would love to fancy themselves of superior intelligence but that's fairly rare I'd think. If you're that smart you'll have a huge hand up in life that will enable you to obtain mating partners and useful friends.

This is where mankind's biggest problem comes in. Intelligent people have few or no children and stupid people breed like rats. It leaves the world with an abundance of stupid people.

I am too liberal with the c word to have many friends.

This is where mankind's biggest problem comes in. Intelligent people have few or no children and stupid people breed like rats. It leaves the world with an abundance of stupid people.

Not saying I disagree or haven't observed just that but I'd like to see some hard data on the relation between intelligence and number of children.

I have an I.Q. of 130 and prefer to be alone, I can relate to and agree with most of the video... it's true

Lesser intelligent people get bored with themselves easily as there's not enough brain power to have any introspection or self-reflection. They need a plethora of external stimuli to entertain themselves. They also tend to not understand the difference between being 'alone' and being 'lonely.' Same thing! lol
<{Ray1}>

Lesser intelligent people get bored with themselves easily as there's not enough brain power to have any introspection or self-reflection. They need a plethora of external stimuli to entertain themselves. They also tend to not understand the difference between being 'alone' and being 'lonely.' Same thing! lol
<{Ray1}>

I have two problems with hanging out with stupid people:

1) They are extraordinarily good at small talk. They often go on for several minutes basically repeating the exact same thought in about 100 different ways. It's painful.
2) If god forbid we actually get around to actually talking about something of substance, I've already considered every single point they make, but I still have to sit there listening to them repeat the same cliches. And there is no way I'm going to make an on-topic response to them and give them a chance to make a response to me that I've also already considered.

So ya, I prefer not to hang out with a ton of people since most people bore the ever loving christ out of me. I do enjoy hanging around intelligent people, but there are just fewer smart people than stupid people so it limits the pool of people who I can tolerate.

I imagine a genius level brain researcher would be pretty bored talking to me. Or be studying me rather than conversing with me.
It seems like you are in my brain, and posting everything I am thinking.

Not if you have add.

Here's why; beacuse intellect and wisdom are two different things.

I have two problems with hanging out with stupid people:

1) They are extraordinarily good at small talk. They often go on for several minutes basically repeating the exact same thought in about 100 different ways. It's painful.
2) If god forbid we actually get around to actually talking about something of substance, I've already considered every single point they make, but I still have to sit there listening to them repeat the same cliches. And there is no way I'm going to make an on-topic response to them and give them a chance to make a response to me that I've also already considered.

So ya, I prefer not to hang out with a ton of people since most people bore the ever loving christ out of me. I do enjoy hanging around intelligent people, but there are just fewer smart people than stupid people so it limits the pool of people who I can tolerate.

I imagine a genius level brain researcher would be pretty bored talking to me. Or be studying me rather than conversing with me.

How many times have you been shoved in a locker?

Count me out of the small talk too.

Stick me in a room with people whom actually discuss events and ideas rather than gossip and I'll magically morph into a social butterfly.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

That makes a lot of sense... Thanks for that. One of the smartest people I know (IQ and academically) Spends almost all his time by himself. He hasnt even taken the time to see one of his sons who lives in a different state for two yaers.

Also confirmed my bias about big cities being shitty and small communities breeds better people
I also feel like highly motivated people dont have time for the majority of people who just fuck around and waste time
from what ive seen, big cities have the smarter people because theres more people...

small towns breed closed minded and short sighted people.....

go to a small town in texas and find out....

from what ive seen, big cities have the smarter people because theres more people...

small towns breed closed minded and short sighted people.....

go to a small town in texas and find out....
I agree with your statement

I'm not talking about intelligence though.
Big communities no ones cares about each other because you will never see them again. For instance NY or China, everyone basically has 0 etiquette. There are repucussioms to being a dick in a small community though, which generally breeds genuinely nice people.

Although the video was about intelligent people being loners, it made an remark about how statically people were happier when they lived in a less dense population area. Or at least one with sufficient breathing room if you know what I mean.

Back