Im sold! Anderson Silva is back. Nick will get destroyed. Look at this video

Personally I think silva looks like he's slowed down a lot and his sparring partners aren't going hard. Not to mention ring rust and psychological issues

I agree. His mindset was so messed up going into the 1st Weidman fight saying things like he expected Weidman to win and then clowning around at levels never seen before as a prelude to getting KTFO.

The time away from the belt has probably let him enjoy training purely for training sake and feel the itch to compete again.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him to take a few fun fights before retiring.

One thing I noticed from these video's is that Anderson is having fun in the gym again.

In the documentary leading up to the Anderson fight vs Chael, Anderson was always tired, worn down, and was nursing some kind of rib injury.

In the new video's Anderson seems energized, and happy.

I think for too many years he was staying away from his family for too long. I remember from one of those video's where he said after a fight I spend two weeks with my family and then leave to train again.

With his leg injury he states that he spent a lot of time at home with his family and that it was good for him.

There is also a video on the net from yesterday of Anderson Kneeing a sparring partner in the face and then hitting him on the ground. If that Anderson shows up against Nick then my boy Nick is in big big trouble.

Still going to watch, and Diaz still has a chance. It's going to be fun.

I don't think anyone is saying his skills have diminished.

But he got ko'd by Chris, then nearly KO'd in the rematch. We've seen it with so many other legend who had amazing chins...when it starts to go, it goes bad. I have a feeling we will see a dominant performance by Anderson, only for him to get his lights turned out by a rather lazy looking strike.

He actually looks slow and old.

I think Nick is definitely gonna be one of the better people Silva has fought. Definitely not as easy of a fight for Silva as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Weidman and Belfort are really the only guys I think Silva has fought recently that are better than Diaz.

Outside of that I think Diaz is far better than these guys (or at least a better match up for Silva)

Sonnen
Okami
Bonnar
Maia
Griffin
Cote
Leites

This is definitely a higher level opponent than usual for Silva.

Nick is a better fighter than the guys on that list but his style is both his biggest asset and liability. By that I mean to have any chance against Silva in striking you have to take the fight to him. But Weidman is great and timing and spacing and has the threat of the TD which made AS more selective in the strikes he threw.

With Diaz this is striker vs striker and Diaz has never shown an ability to check or avoid legkicks. And pressing forward could leave him vulnerable to all sorts or kicks or that kind of jumping in knee that Lyoto loves to do. And Nick isn't a power puncher so it would be way different if he could pressure his way inside and knock Silva out. I don't see how anybody who using volume as a weapon is gonna consistently outstrike Silva for the win. JMO anyway.Anything can happen in MMA but this would be a shocking upset.

I see Nick losing the same way his brother lost to RDA death via leg kicks

Sheep....you are all sheep......Diaz 2nd rd KO....once AS feels his chin is gone...Diaz takes over...then fights Robbie for the best WW fight in UFC history.....sheep

Really? He looks a bit slower and more clumsy to me in this video, actually.

2nd round TKO for Anderson. Nick's striking game is exactly what he thrives on.

Nick may not win this fight, but he's going to surprise people and he's making it all the way to the end.

Haven't really seen anyone point out that Diaz isn't really a great striker. He lets his hand go really well, but his shots are loopy and seldom straight. I don't know what their reaches are, but Silva shoots his cross a lot straighter than a Diaz punch. Given AS's excellent footwork, Nick's plodding, AS probably out weighing him by 20 plus pounds fight night, this is a poor match up imo. Nick should be fighting a ww.

Anderson's incredible, no one moves quite as effortlessly and fluid as he does.

But like they say, father time is undefeated... just the fact that we are even entertaining the idea that Silva could lose this shows how lost we are in where Anderson is in his career. If his chin doesn't hold up, if his reflexes have diminished, Nick could very well catch him with one of those sneaky punches.

And then Nick Diaz... just another guy that's never been KO'd and only been truly stopped once in his career... Back in 2004 he KO'd the current Welterweight Champ Robbie Lawler with one perfectly placed right hook. Now he hasn't won a fight since beating BJ Penn in 2011.

And leading up to this fight, Anderson has gotten all the press... has anyone seen what Middleweight Diaz is even looking like these days? Because at 6'1 and a 76 inch reach, he's seriously not going to be giving up much size to Anderson...

Yah spot on.

Problem with this fight is that Nick can win if he made some adjustments to his style. Anderson's chin is gone but the speed is still there (at minimum faster than Diaz). I just hope Nick had a good training camp, since that seems to be both he and his brothers number one excuse.

Anderson's chin is gone? I know he got KO'd by Weidman and then rocked again in the rematch, but Weidman has power, and in the rematch he hit Anderson behind the ear with a hard shot if I remember correctly. Let's watch a few more of his fights before we go around saying his chin is shot. You make it sound like he's been KO'd in his last 4-5 fights or something.

I dont think anyone really believes who will win this fight. A lot on AS nut huggers still cant imagine him losing but first fight back after that kinda injury... anything can happen, ill post now Diaz via sub.

I can tell you that many are certain that Anderson will win this fight

Haven't really seen anyone point out that Diaz isn't really a great striker. He lets his hand go really well, but his shots are loopy and seldom straight. I don't know what their reaches are, but Silva shoots his cross a lot straighter than a Diaz punch. Given AS's excellent footwork, Nick's plodding, AS probably out weighing him by 20 plus pounds fight night, this is a poor match up imo. Nick should be fighting a ww.

I really hope they show the graphic on fight night... because the size difference is more imagination than anything.

Anderson: 6'2 / 77 inch reach
Diaz: 6'1 / 76 inch reach

Anderson will be something like 190-195 in cage and I'm sure Diaz, who walks around 200+ lbs himself these days will be in that same area.

Back