Im sold! Anderson Silva is back. Nick will get destroyed. Look at this video

One of the most down to earth fighters you will see outside the cage.

I really hope they show the graphic on fight night... because the size difference is more imagination than anything.

Anderson: 6'2 / 77 inch reach
Diaz: 6'1 / 76 inch reach

Anderson will be something like 190-195 in cage and I'm sure Diaz, who walks around 200+ lbs himself these days will be in that same area.

Its not imagination

I really hope they show the graphic on fight night... because the size difference is more imagination than anything.

Anderson will be something like 190-195 in cage and I'm sure Diaz, who walks around 200+ lbs himself these days will be in that same area.

Thanks for the height/reach info. I was too lazy to look it up, so you're right it was more imagination. I know Nick has grown into his frame, but I would have thought he walks @ somewhere between 175-190, with AS around 220. I'm pretty sure they're not going to do a hydration test, I think AS will be a lot heavier. JMO.

Haven't really seen anyone point out that Diaz isn't really a great striker.

it depends on what you define as a great striker. He's a good boxer, but doesn't have the variety of striking skills that AS possesses.

Only chance Diaz has is to do the thing he insults others for, hit and run win on points and even thats a looooooong shot.

On fight night I am guesstimating that Nick will be about 195+ lbs. Whereas Anderson is more like 200-205, possibly even hitting around 210 lbs... Anderson doesn't look any smaller than Sonnen or Okami, and just a bit behind Weidman. Those wrestlers can cut a lot of weight, I'm estimating about 20+ lbs. And if he's similar in size, he's probably similar in weight.

But yah, like you said there height and weight won't be too far apart. However, Anderson's used to this weight class. Nick is really not. And not only that this will be the only other time that Nick is fighting somebody who's taller and equal/longer reach than him.

Hopefully the spider quit sparring with jds.

it depends on what you define as a great striker. He's a good boxer, but doesn't have the variety of striking skills that AS possesses.

IMO a great striker/puncher, is a guy that can deliver, whether by footwork/ angles, timing, or countering, a large variety of combinations at will with speed and ko power, thrown correctly. Diaz is really good at letting his hands go. IMO that's his best standup skill.

Both guys like to taunt the opponent into over extending himself, so we're going to see two guys taunt each other all night without doing much fighting

Boxing skills wise, Nick is better. He throws a wider variety of punches, goes to the body better, moves forward better/has better offensive boxing, and sets things up better. Nick also has a better ground game. Anderson moves his head well and has good footwork. Diaz is not at a skills deficit; each does things better than the other, and he has avenues to win.

Weidman exposed Anderson's boxing in a big way.

If Anderson wins, he'll do it through his knees and kicks - his boxing most likely won't be enough to get it done. Paul Daley is faster, throws a wider variety of punches, has great power and moves forward better than Anderson, and couldn't finish Nick when Nick fought his fight. Nick is still the only one to stop him and Robbie Lawler with strikes in their entire careers.

People forget that Weidman couldn't put two WW's away - Maia and Cote.

This will be a fight.

Anderson has many ways to stop Nick. Punching is certainly very high on the list.

It matters little that Anderson has a different style than Gomi or Daley. The important part here is that Diaz always gets hit, a lot. Anderson will no doubt be able to tag Nick many times. And Anderson has more power than Gomi or Daley. And he's also got the reach to effectively deliver the punishments all the while keeping Nick at bay as well. Apart from Condit, this will be the only other time that Nick's facing an opponent who has his height/reach or greater (that I can recall).

Diaz and Silva start off slow and it takes about a minute and a half to get them started. Diaz delivers the first serious shots, which get blocked. They start going at it and Silva gets mildly rocked, but finishes the round strong.

In the second, Silva is gaining confidence and outstrikes him, forcing Diaz to attempt a takedown or two but Diaz is pushed up against the cage and gets hurt near the end of the second up against the cage with some uppercuts and knees.

At the start of the third, Diaz is already battered and bloodied. Silva manages to put Diaz's back against the cage again, start teeing off, drops him with a couple of knees in the clinch and grounds and pounds him with punches until Big John is forced to step in.

Unsurprisingly, Silva was lied to by Dana White and the winner of Romero/Jacare faces Weidman. Rockhold loses to Machida and is put up against Silva.

I see Nick losing the same way his brother lost to RDA death via leg kicks

I don't believe in this. Silva might throw a few, but he will definitely not plan to lead his attack with the part of his body that put him out of the game for such a long time.

He will be more careful with that leg, especially in his return fight.

On fight night I am guesstimating that Nick will be about 195+ lbs. Whereas Anderson is more like 200-205, possibly even hitting around 210 lbs... Anderson doesn't look any smaller than Sonnen or Okami, and just a bit behind Weidman. Those wrestlers can cut a lot of weight, I'm estimating about 20+ lbs. And if he's similar in size, he's probably similar in weight.

But yah, like you said there height and weight won't be too far apart. However, Anderson's used to this weight class. Nick is really not. And not only that this will be the only other time that Nick is fighting somebody who's taller and equal/longer reach than him.

I'm always confused by this. Someone made a comment once that Anderson can weigh as much as 220lbs between fights and everyone took that as his natural fighting weight.

In every article I've ever read on this... Anderson cuts "4-5 Kilos" which is 9-11 pounds to make the weigh in... and ends up weighing anywhere between 194-196lbs on fight night when fighting at middleweight. On several occasions he's weighed in BELOW the 185 limit... most famously 182 vs Thales Leites I believe.

When he fought Chael the 2nd time the big talk around the event was that Chael could weigh as much as 210 on fight night and Anderson would be 194.

I'm always confused by this. Someone made a comment once that Anderson can weigh as much as 220lbs between fights and everyone took that as his natural fighting weight.

In every article I've ever read on this... Anderson cuts "4-5 Kilos" which is 9-11 pounds to make the weigh in... and ends up weighing anywhere between 194-196lbs on fight night when fighting at middleweight. On several occasions he's weighed in BELOW the 185 limit... most famously 182 vs Thales Leites I believe.

When he fought Chael the 2nd time the big talk around the event was that Chael could weigh as much as 210 on fight night and Anderson would be 194.

I don't believe that stuff ppl say about Anderson just weighing like around 195 lbs on fight night. Cutting (losing water weight)10 lbs is what even small flyweights can do. More than likely he's nearly the same weight as Sonnen and Okami... The only way we will know for sure is to weigh him at cage side... But I'm still sticking strong that he's at least 200-2005 lbs, fight night when he enters the cage.

IMO a great striker/puncher, is a guy that can deliver, whether by footwork/ angles, timing, or countering, a large variety of combinations at will with speed and ko power, thrown correctly. Diaz is really good at letting his hands go. IMO that's his best standup skill.

Ehh, i have to disagree. Nick does more than just let his hands go. He's changing his tempo, changing power, setting up body and head shots with his pitter patter punches trying to create openings. While those 50% shots might not do a lot of damage, it still causes problems because you don't know which one is coming at 50% and which one is coming at 100%. He's doing much more than just letting his hands go and swinging for the fences.

You guys are fucking goofs and will be surprised what Nick will do.

Ehh, i have to disagree. Nick does more than just let his hands go. He's changing his tempo, changing power, setting up body and head shots with his pitter patter punches trying to create openings. While those 50% shots might not do a lot of damage, it still causes problems because you don't know which one is coming at 50% and which one is coming at 100%. He's doing much more than just letting his hands go and swinging for the fences.

I'd only disagree that they're pitter patter. Nick throws, he just doesn't have that one punch ko power. He's also hook happy. That is why he's always so beat up from anyone who can throw a straight punch. He's horrible at cutting off, plods, and gets visibly frustrated with anyone who won't stand still with him. He's much better trained for a 22'[ ring than a 32' octagon.

Nick getting TKO'd son. Easy $$$$.

Back