Im sold! Anderson Silva is back. Nick will get destroyed. Look at this video

I was gonna say... I still see a fighter living on slowing reflexes and a tough chin. Lots of hands down, head movement and counters. Probably translates to a victory over Nick but not the elite of the division anymore, I'm afraid.

Indeed..Nick is gonna box up Anderson and it will be sad.

People get old...That's life.

not only will anderson win, but he is top 10 in any division from mw to hw.

dude is a beast period.

Rooting for Anderson, but again, there are numerous factors here. Silva's age, the long layoff and the injury. Diaz also has pretty good boxing and I'm not counting him out just yet.

When I look at the footage, I can see that Silva is maybe going to try and beat Nick in the pocket with sharp straight counter shots. Lots of upperbody movement on the inside trying to counter before Diaz can get his volume on.

But what people forget is that Nick is most dangerous in exchanges.
I think that both Nick and Anderson can't resist trading with each other after a while.
And Nick feeds of exchanges and he may get dropped in the first couple of them but he comes back stronger everytime, and before you know it his opponent tires out.
The fact that even GSP slowed down at one point in their fight proves it.

In exchanges I actually think that Nick could outfight Anderson Silva.
I haven't seen anyone outfight Nick in a firefight, just temporarily hurt him but his recovery is insane.

Also what no one really gives Nick credit for is his clinching game.
He can tire opponents out by forcing them to use strength in the clinch and he likes to bodypunch ala Fabio Maldonado from the clinch. Especially when Anderson goes for the thai clinch. A lot of fighters use more strength and energy against Diaz without even realizing it.
But Anderson is also very sneaky with his trips from the clinch following up with a flurry and a knee.

Or I could see Anderson winning with a left high kick, the same one he used on Yushin Okami
But Diaz has a chance for sure imo

I just hope that it won't be an anti climatic fight.

Silva fans (not all of em):

Before the fight: "I'm sold"

If Silva loses: "He's old"

Probably was already training hard for hours, but he seemed kinda slow to me. I'm sure it was the training. Glad to see he's back in good health, hopefully that injury does not come back to haunt him and the metal rod holds.

Yeah...I'm not buying it. There are too many videos coming out trying to convince people he back he back. It's like they're trying too hard to convince people, and it rings of insincerity.

You don't see shit from Nick Diaz, and that to me is a lot scarier than pre fight hype videos coming out of Anderson's camp.

Call me crazy guys, but I'm saying Nick Diaz is gonna win this fight. The only doubt I have is that Nick also has been out of competition for over year, so idk how he's gonna be coming back in. But I still say he's got this.

Andys corner telling him to exchange punches in training is a silly silly idea, fair enough that he's a professional well experienced fighter but if they're gonna be telling him to exchange on fight night, he's gonna be playing right into Diaz's game

Good video Anderson does look really good I think Nick just gets beat up in 3 five minute rounds (is this 3 or 5 rds) either way Anderson with the impressive UD...

Back