"I'm not happy on social level about fighting Arlovski." - Frank Mir

Agreed but UFC wants there mexican pride and joy to bring them back to mexico city.

edit- with cain moving there to train ofc. Dont want him gassing out and shit at the high altitude.

"In one sense, I'm not happy about it on a social level. I think we both have a lot to offer the sport and I don't want to see either one of us derailed right now. I would have been much happier with this situation if we could have skipped each other at this point. I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won," Mir said.

"That would have been the ideal situation for me. To say here's two guys that everyone counted out and said their careers are over. They figured out ways to move forward and persevere and now they're back."

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/reluctant-mir-jumps-back-training

My take - good read and worth clicking the link. I see where he's coming from. Both these guys were working towards a title shot and I fear it's both their last chance.

That's exactly what most of the fans were saying, instead we get 1. a rematch for the title and 2. one less interesting contender.

UFC's booking decisions have become far more political than they used to. Title shots

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days of the UFC, the fair days, like when Randy Couture got a title shot against Tim Sylvia despite the fact that at the time Randy was on a 0-2 losing streak at HW. Back then you had to earn it.

Hopefully it ends like this
punch.jpg

Haha, nice one.

Mir is usually right about most things, this included

Remember guys Mir trained with Jackson for 1-2 training camps... and I am sure the two guys go way back in terms of UFC tenure

It "could" happen. Like the Nog KO happened. Mir's hung on forever and has done strange things forever. He's always in a fight no matter the outcome.

Anything "could" happen. Purple monkeys could fly out of my ass. The odds do exist.

I know Mir is good and has pulled out some extremely unexpected shit. He's just not in the world of Cain, JDS, or Werdum. MAYBE Cain just because we haven't seen enough of him.

I like Mir ok, but he's a gatekeeper now, not a contender. He might surprise me and perhaps I overestimate Arlovski's resurgence.

Cain is a revenue generator for the UFC, hence the instant rematch. You better believe if Rockhold/Weidman is close, neither Jesus nor Jacare is going to get a title shot. We're in the superstar era $$

That's actually a solid point. I'm not a big Mir fan but his story is a cool one.

Well not shocked since his is the train on sketchy tracks.

Yeah, I agree with him. Kind of a shitty situation. I honestly don't want to see either of them fall off, considering their career resurgences.

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days of the UFC, the fair days, like when Randy Couture got a title shot against Tim Sylvia despite the fact that at the time Randy was on a 0-2 losing streak at HW. Back then you had to earn it.
n-TED-NUGENT-large570.jpg

Yeah, I agree with him. Kind of a shitty situation. I honestly don't want to see either of them fall off, considering their career resurgences.

That's what happens when too many guys in the same weight class train at the same camp. They had Mir, AA, Overeem, and Browne all training at Jackson's at one point. It was inevitable that they'd have to face each other.

mir will lose if they fight anyway. thats why he doesn't want none of that shit.

i agree with him these guys are making quite an upsurge this late in their career it sucks that one has to derail the other

Last edited:
Frank is overrating himself and his performances as usual -- a two fight win streak over Todd Duffee and Bigfeets isn't one fight away from a championship shot when you lost your four before that.

Back