"I'm not happy on social level about fighting Arlovski." - Frank Mir

Derailed? All Mir is on track for is another savage beating. He wont receive that from the various cans of lard he's been beating lately, but he should count himself lucky he's still getting paid.

STFU and fight, Frank.

Cans of lard? I don't even know what that means? Is Duffy fat now?

The fact that they are both on a run atm is what makes it an interesting fight -.-

I disagree with Mir and 90% of the posters in this thread.

"In one sense, I'm not happy about it on a social level. I think we both have a lot to offer the sport and I don't want to see either one of us derailed right now. I would have been much happier with this situation if we could have skipped each other at this point. I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won," Mir said.

"That would have been the ideal situation for me. To say here's two guys that everyone counted out and said their careers are over. They figured out ways to move forward and persevere and now they're back."

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/reluctant-mir-jumps-back-training

My take - good read and worth clicking the link. I see where he's coming from. Both these guys were working towards a title shot and I fear it's both their last chance.

I have always like Mir.
I understand and agree with him completely.
Is this "protecting" those guys? yes. to a sense.
But their history warrants that. and both should be allowed to climb the ladder without having to bump the other down.

with that said, WAR MIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope mir gets derailed. I much prefer The Pitbull

he most probably will. he does have the speed to avoid AA's onslaught, and he doesnt have the durability to hang in there long enough for AA to become reckless and catch him with a perfect counter. and he knows it.
and I agree with him. this instant Cain rematch bullshit seems so irrational. it is like Dana and Co want to completely bury UFC HW division.

See Mir is a nice guy, he knows he is gonna feel bad about stopping AA's win streak.

So basically Mir wanted to avoid fighting a top contender but wanted a title shot

I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won

you cant fucking read or just stupid? unless top 3 is not a top contender by your definition?

The fight wouldn't happen if that was the case.

It would be a nice cinderella story if Mir/Arlovski were fighting for the title, but more than likely one of them would get derailed before that. So best to see em fight now if anyone wants to see it.

AA has better striking and good enough TDD. He has a legit shot to win.
Mir on the other hand just might have good enough BJJ to beat Werdum on the ground. Good enough the Mir won't be afraid to go to the ground. Mir has a legit shot.

Hahahaha. Are you fucking serious!?

I can't... I don't even... Seriously!?

"In one sense, I'm not happy about it on a social level. I think we both have a lot to offer the sport and I don't want to see either one of us derailed right now. I would have been much happier with this situation if we could have skipped each other at this point. I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won," Mir said.

"That would have been the ideal situation for me. To say here's two guys that everyone counted out and said their careers are over. They figured out ways to move forward and persevere and now they're back."

http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/reluctant-mir-jumps-back-training

My take - good read and worth clicking the link. I see where he's coming from. Both these guys were working towards a title shot and I fear it's both their last chance.

I agree

I agree. Giving Cain the title shoot is 100% pure bullshit.

Werdum never wants to fight, he just want to be champion

seems like a pretty quick turnaround to me. i know he was holding out for a while but he's been pretty active lately. must've sunk in that he aint getting any younger

It's a great fight but I agree it sucks that one of the Cinderella stories is going to end.

If Frank can just luck up and get Herb (blind in one eye and cant see from the other) Dean to be the ref hes got it made. Because once the fighter starts beating on Frank his buddy Herb will yell at the fighter to stop and then Frank can get them in some submission.

Please knock him out Arlovski, I would rather see you get a title fight than Mir anyday.

Back